Series S + Insignia 4k Audio Extractor + 2.1 Klipsch Speakers. Can't Control Volume?

Discus and support Series S + Insignia 4k Audio Extractor + 2.1 Klipsch Speakers. Can't Control Volume? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a Series S and a nice pair of 2.1 Klipsch speakers. I bought an Insignia audio extractor that works great. I have a Vizio 4k TV. I do have... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Relentless_Ohio, Mar 19, 2022.

  1. Series S + Insignia 4k Audio Extractor + 2.1 Klipsch Speakers. Can't Control Volume?


    I have a Series S and a nice pair of 2.1 Klipsch speakers. I bought an Insignia audio extractor that works great.

    I have a Vizio 4k TV.

    I do have sound and video. However I cannot control the volume on any remote. CEC is enabled.

    I just want to use my Vizio standard remote to control the volume.. I am so confused.

    The volume bar goes up and down on the screen but the sound does not change. If I want to change the volume I have to get up and walk to my speakers.

    Is this seriously still an issue? Basically if there is no way to control the sound remotely I am returning the audio extractor. This is maddening. I do not use headsets. I just wanted to hook up my speakers, and use my remote like regular.

    submitted by /u/Relentless_Ohio
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Relentless_Ohio, Mar 19, 2022
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    External Audio Connection for Xbox Series X

    Hi,

    An HDMI audio splitter (also called an 'extractor') should work. However be warned, most of cheaper splitters can't do 4K at 60Hz, shop wisely.

    Normally the 3.5mm audio port on a monitor should work fine with a set of decent speakers. I have a set of speakers plugged into my LG monitor, sound is fine. It wasn't at first until I realised the volume on my monitor was only at 50% volume.

    I don't use my monitor for Xbox, it's for my gaming PC, I do have my Switch hooked up to it though, audio is fine there too.
  3. maxtorello Win User

    Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

    The best way to resolve this would be hdmi 2.1 splitter or audio extractor connected to XSX/PS5 that splits signal to tv and to audio system, the problem is that the device like this doesn't exist, there are 4k 120hz splitters but those cant provide signal to two receivers at same time
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

    Audio issue with series X

    Hi Jakobey. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

    If your TV has an optical port, it's recommended to connect your sound system to your TV instead.

    If your TV does not have an optical port, you'll need to use a 3rd party HDMI audio extractor to add an optical output to your Series X. The audio extractor you purchase will need to support HDMI 2.1 to ensure you get the best output from your console. You can find HDMI audio extractors on online stores such as Amazon, it will vary depending on region so I'm unable to recommend a specific extractor.

    Please reach back if you have further questions.

    Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. I AM B0DYBAG Win User

    Can’t hear in-game voice chat.

    It’s not connected to my controller. Although I have tried that as well. But I have an Astro A40 connected to a Mixamp pro TR which is connected to a Astro Audio Extractor. ( Since the new consoles don’t have an optical port) and the Audio Extractor is connected to my series X and TV.

    Everything worked fine with this setup until about 3 weeks ago. Around the time the Series X had a firmware update.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox into monitor/hearing no sound

    So where would I be able to plug in the HDMI audio extractor because all the sources behind my monitor are all in use?
    These devices have two HDMI ports. You connect the console and audio lead/s to the extractor and then the extractor goes into the monitor.
Thema:

Series S + Insignia 4k Audio Extractor + 2.1 Klipsch Speakers. Can't Control Volume?

Loading...
  1. Series S + Insignia 4k Audio Extractor + 2.1 Klipsch Speakers. Can't Control Volume? - Similar Threads - Series Insignia Audio

  2. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  3. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  4. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  5. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  6. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  7. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  8. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  9. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  10. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...