Series s fuzzy/grainy on video playback apps

Discus and support Series s fuzzy/grainy on video playback apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Almost looks like film grain on Netflix, prime , Hulu etc when using the series s. Any ideas to why? All my other devices play fine and my connection... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NickD54, Nov 8, 2021.

  1. NickD54
    NickD54 Guest

    Series s fuzzy/grainy on video playback apps


    Almost looks like film grain on Netflix, prime , Hulu etc when using the series s. Any ideas to why? All my other devices play fine and my connection is good.

    :)
     
    NickD54, Nov 8, 2021
    #1
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Series s fuzzy/grainy on video playback apps

    Hi there Nick welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. There might be a software issue! Let's try this:

    The first step in resetting an Xbox is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

    Press the home button on your Xbox controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

    Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

    Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

    Press the A button to select the gear icon.

    With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

    Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

    Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

    With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

    Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

    Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

    Press left on the d-pad to select Reset and keep my games & apps. Then press the A button. This is the less thorough of the two options, as it only resets the Xbox firmware and settings without touching your games and apps. Try this first, as it allows you to avoid downloading everything all over again.

    YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD
  3. NickD54 Win User

    Series S grainy playback with streaming apps

    I have everything set up I think how it should be, I have the series s set at 4K UHD
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Series S grainy playback with streaming apps

    Check that HDCP is active in settings, you may be being limited to 480p
  5. NickD54 Win User

    Series S grainy playback with streaming apps

    I don’t see how this has anything to do with it?
  6. SammyVS Win User

    Series S grainy playback with streaming apps

    If it's any incorrect/corrupted settings, this will reset the settings.
Thema:

Series s fuzzy/grainy on video playback apps

Loading...
  1. Series s fuzzy/grainy on video playback apps - Similar Threads - Series fuzzy grainy

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Xbox series a goes all fuzzy when switching to 120 fps

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series a goes all fuzzy when switching to 120 fps: Xbox screen goes fuzzy when switching to 120 fps. I have a 144hz monitor. It used to work fine but then all of sudden stopped working. Any help? e1df634f-c6ee-4ebd-8373-080adb1b5290