Series s fuzzy/grainy on video playback apps

Discus and support Series s fuzzy/grainy on video playback apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Almost looks like film grain on Netflix, prime , Hulu etc when using the series s. Any ideas to why? All my other devices play fine and my connection... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NickD54, Nov 8, 2021.

1. NickD54
    NickD54 Guest

Almost looks like film grain on Netflix, prime , Hulu etc when using the series s. Any ideas to why? All my other devices play fine and my connection is good.

:)

NickD54, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Nick welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. There might be a software issue! Let's try this:

The first step in resetting an Xbox is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

Press left on the d-pad to select Reset and keep my games & apps. Then press the A button. This is the less thorough of the two options, as it only resets the Xbox firmware and settings without touching your games and apps. Try this first, as it allows you to avoid downloading everything all over again.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD
  3. NickD54 Win User

Series S grainy playback with streaming apps

I have everything set up I think how it should be, I have the series s set at 4K UHD
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Check that HDCP is active in settings, you may be being limited to 480p
  5. NickD54 Win User

I don’t see how this has anything to do with it?
  6. SammyVS Win User

If it's any incorrect/corrupted settings, this will reset the settings.
Thema:

1. Series s fuzzy/grainy on video playback apps - Similar Threads - Series fuzzy grainy

2. Xbox series s won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't turn on: I replaced the power cord and power supply also the fan and still won't turn on 7234e759-6528-46c0-b8db-966648941b0b
  3. Error code 0x87DD0017 when signing in on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x87DD0017 when signing in on xbox series s: My xbox series s suddenly started giving the above error code when I try to sign in. Everything I've looked up says its a network problem, but my internet is working perfectly, on the console and...
  4. Xbox Series X backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X backwards compatibility: My question is simple. Would it be possible to include an option upon installing a game that is on both the xbox one and series x like fallout 4 for example with its recent ng update to let us...
  5. Hi i have an Xbox series X only 6 months old, i have direct fibre broad band, im hanging in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi i have an Xbox series X only 6 months old, i have direct fibre broad band, im hanging in...: NOTICE Unable to connect to a data center, please check your internet connection and try again. 42a3889f-e2e6-42f4-b5fd-896c6ecbf9df
  6. Beta not showing on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Beta not showing on xbox series x: I'm trying to update my xbox to beta for a month and I already post it here but nobody responded and u deleted my post so I'm saying it again I'm now in delta in the insider program and I'm trying...
  7. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  8. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  9. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  10. Xbox series a goes all fuzzy when switching to 120 fps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series a goes all fuzzy when switching to 120 fps: Xbox screen goes fuzzy when switching to 120 fps. I have a 144hz monitor. It used to work fine but then all of sudden stopped working. Any help? e1df634f-c6ee-4ebd-8373-080adb1b5290