Series S died and asked to pay $250 to get it fixed

Discus and support Series S died and asked to pay $250 to get it fixed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Xbox Community, I bought my Xbox Series S in November 2020 and I do not use it that often ( around 1 hour each week). Recently, I updated my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jatin Arora1, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Jatin Arora1
    Jatin Arora1 Guest

Hi Xbox Community,

I bought my Xbox Series S in November 2020 and I do not use it that often ( around 1 hour each week). Recently, I updated my Xbox and continued to play a game and turned it off. The next day it would not turn on at all. The Xbox logo does not even light up and I did tried to power cycle it. Additionally, I also tried different wall outlets and another Xbox power cord but none of these fixes worked. I got in touch with customer service and they just asked me to pay CAD $250 for a $380 console to get it fixed. On searching the web the issue seems to be the power brick inside it. Which makes me wonder isn't power brick rated for certain usage ? Is it that weak that it gave up for such a small amount of usage. I am just infuriated how a power brick which I hope they would have tested for much more excessive usage just died. Does any one else had face any similar issue ?

Thanks.

:)

Jatin Arora1, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Who is ready for tomorrow!?

I managed to order a Series S. 😁 But for only £250 I could always upgrade it later.
  3. xXBOXxOne Win User

Anyone agree ??

yup, that's why Im getting ready to sell mine, all 38 Hard Copy Games & my 1.5 year old 250 gig s-series for $300
  4. graxix Win User

Xbox series s/x ssd compared to 3rd party hd,S/ssd,s

I tuned out awhile ago with xbox updates. With peeps thinking series S will be free and series X will be 800 and everything in between. Now that we have prices. S,s 300$ + estimated 250$ for storage = A 550$ 1tb, ish xbox makes the big brother S,x
    a no brainer for me. Still need atleast a extra 1tb of space to avoid unistalling. Hopeing to avoid having a huge discrepancy in storage speeds. Since thats not really an option. Ill hold for actual pricing on official ssd,s. Size being the real issue. 250$
    for 1tb ill assume. 500g impossible, wishful thinking a 2tb for 250 then iam back in the race. Still got few months so ill hold. Even out of the gate at 250 they will be 200 in no time. Assuming
  5. Pixel Smash 93 Win User

£250 MW3 Headset...how much of a CoD fan are you!

Ahhhh Which Muppet would pay £ 250 for that.

Opps :S

Can stick a Cod logo on a cupcake and sell it for a tenner.

A holes.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Question about buying a new xbox

I'm assuming you're asking about the Series S and X not the One S and X?

If that is the case, if you have any games on discs you want to keep playing, get the Series X. You won't be able to play them on a Series S. Otherwise, the Series S is a little lower quality, but would be fine for casual gaming.
Thema:

1. Series S died and asked to pay $250 to get it fixed - Similar Threads - Series died asked

2. Why doesn’t Dying Light 2 play on Series X console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t Dying Light 2 play on Series X console.: Why does Dying Light 2, transferred from Xbox One S, not play on Xbox Series X - takes me straight to the Microsoft Store. ecbe1b36-06ed-4b3c-9ce8-bd1d8a2b0cd5
  3. Achievements not unlocking while playing dying light 1 on Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements not unlocking while playing dying light 1 on Xbox series X: Hi, I've started playing this for the first time recently after buying the platinum edition. I'm about 18 hours in now and I haven't had any of the achievements unlock. It's been a month or so...
  4. Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S BUT I'M ENJOYING IT!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S BUT I'M ENJOYING IT!: Whatever console you buy, you want the best for it and when I heard DL2 was only 30 fps I was gutted because I've seen the transformative power of 60 fps in older far cry games that have been...
  5. Can i download the Xbox One version of dying light 2 on my Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i download the Xbox One version of dying light 2 on my Series X?: Wanting to know if and how i can download the Xbox One version of Dying light 2 onto my Xbox Series X console because i can't play with the people i were hoping to play the game with because we...
  6. Dying Light 2 "Optimised for Series X not S"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dying Light 2 "Optimised for Series X not S": Remove the optimised for Series S from all future games if you are going to lie. You get the same performance on the Series S as you do a basic Xbox one and One X...Actually the One X runs the...
  7. Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S... What a disgrace!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S... What a disgrace!: Just found out from Digital Foundry this shock news. The Series S is not even 18 months old and already it's under-powered when it comes to next gen gaming. Disappointing to say the least. If...
  8. my seris X died randomly after getting it in August

in XboX Insiders
    my seris X died randomly after getting it in August: My xbox was on my games and app and shut off randomly. I thought maybe it was cause it was afk for awhile. It popped and started smoking from the vents. Tomorrow I'm calling microsoft about a...
  9. How my Series X died two days after the warranty expired

in XBoX on Consoles
    How my Series X died two days after the warranty expired: So my Xbox Series X crashes sometimes. It happens. But then Halo Infinite's campaign launched, which was meant to be a celebration. And it was, when it wasn't crashing my console. More crashes...
  10. Is my Series X dying?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my Series X dying?: I’ve had this for almost a year (got it in November 2020). It will constantly cut out audio (all audio completely stops, only way to fix it is to either reset the console or the controller). It...