Series S died and asked to pay $250 to get it fixed

Discus and support Series S died and asked to pay $250 to get it fixed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Xbox Community, I bought my Xbox Series S in November 2020 and I do not use it that often ( around 1 hour each week). Recently, I updated my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jatin Arora1, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Jatin Arora1
    Jatin Arora1 Guest

Hi Xbox Community,

I bought my Xbox Series S in November 2020 and I do not use it that often ( around 1 hour each week). Recently, I updated my Xbox and continued to play a game and turned it off. The next day it would not turn on at all. The Xbox logo does not even light up and I did tried to power cycle it. Additionally, I also tried different wall outlets and another Xbox power cord but none of these fixes worked. I got in touch with customer service and they just asked me to pay CAD $250 for a $380 console to get it fixed. On searching the web the issue seems to be the power brick inside it. Which makes me wonder isn't power brick rated for certain usage ? Is it that weak that it gave up for such a small amount of usage. I am just infuriated how a power brick which I hope they would have tested for much more excessive usage just died. Does any one else had face any similar issue ?

Thanks.

:)

Jatin Arora1, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Jatin Arora1,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

Based on your description, you are having issues with your Xbox Series S not turning on. We understand that you are weighing things out between two options you have. We believe that you can choose what is best for your budget.

Two options you can choose from:

• Contact a local technician to get your Xbox device checked and fix. However, Microsoft will not do the repair of that device in the future because was already tempered.
    • Contact Microsoft Support to get your Xbox device serviced for CAD $253.95. Source: Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

[​IMG]

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. xXBOXxOne Win User

Anyone agree ??

yup, that's why Im getting ready to sell mine, all 38 Hard Copy Games & my 1.5 year old 250 gig s-series for $300
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Who is ready for tomorrow!?

I managed to order a Series S. šŸ˜ But for only Ā£250 I could always upgrade it later.
  5. graxix Win User

Xbox series s/x ssd compared to 3rd party hd,S/ssd,s

I tuned out awhile ago with xbox updates. With peeps thinking series S will be free and series X will be 800 and everything in between. Now that we have prices. S,s 300$ + estimated 250$ for storage = A 550$ 1tb, ish xbox makes the big brother S,x
    a no brainer for me. Still need atleast a extra 1tb of space to avoid unistalling. Hopeing to avoid having a huge discrepancy in storage speeds. Since thats not really an option. Ill hold for actual pricing on official ssd,s. Size being the real issue. 250$
    for 1tb ill assume. 500g impossible, wishful thinking a 2tb for 250 then iam back in the race. Still got few months so ill hold. Even out of the gate at 250 they will be 200 in no time. Assuming
  6. Pixel Smash 93 Win User

£250 MW3 Headset...how much of a CoD fan are you!

Ahhhh Which Muppet would pay Ā£ 250 for that.

Opps :S

Can stick a Cod logo on a cupcake and sell it for a tenner.

A holes.
Thema:

1. Series S died and asked to pay $250 to get it fixed - Similar Threads - Series died asked

2. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. Iā€™ve tried everything, Iā€™ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, Iā€™ve...
  3. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  4. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  5. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  6. Can I fix this? Or is my Xbox series x dying?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I fix this? Or is my Xbox series x dying?: [img] I'm getting a graphical bug of sorts on my series x, on the home panel and in all games. Is there something I can do something to fix it? Or will I need to replace it?...
  7. My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not...: My xbox series x controllers battery pack died and since then my controller has not connected to my xbox I have plugged it in and fully recharged the pack and it still hasn't connected does anyone...
  8. Where can I get my xbox repaired in south africa? My Series X just died while it was on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I get my xbox repaired in south africa? My Series X just died while it was on...: Where can I get my xbox repaired in south africa? My Series X just died while it was on standby mode. The console is just over a year old. e7d1ed31-907b-4596-ab46-2dbe11fd2179
  9. All digital buttons suddenly died, but analog sticks still work (Series X controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    All digital buttons suddenly died, but analog sticks still work (Series X controller): I was in the middle of playing Starfield when the game stopped and said the controller was disconnected. I look down and sure enough, it's turned itself off. I replaced the batteries, thinking...
  10. My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S controller keeps dying randomly. (I am using it on my pc trhough a...: So I had this controller for almost 2 years. After about 10 months of using it, I got it sent to Germany to get it fixed after the USB C port was not working at all. Warranty got it fixed and sent...