Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB

Discus and support Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JORDAN W1, May 8, 2023.

1. JORDAN W1
    JORDAN W1 Guest

Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB

My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my other controller works fine. There is a buzzing noise coming from the controller, you can only hear it when the controller is plugged in, the controller is completely unresponsive and it doesn't even light up anymore. Can keeping controllers plugged in while the Xbox is off fry them? there is still some kind of power being transmitted to controllers when the Xbox is off because my other controller vibrates when plugged in even when the Xbox is completely shut down.

:)

JORDAN W1, May 8, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello JORDAN W1,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Step 1: Check your batteries

Verify that your controller batteries aren’t causing this issue. If your controller won’t power on at all, replace the controller batteries with fresh ones and make sure they’re inserted correctly into the controller.

Note The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 uses a built-in battery, so if you’re using an Elite Series 2, skip this step.

Step 2: Connect your controller to the console with a USB cableYou can use a USB to micro-USB cable to connect your controller to your Xbox. Plug the micro-USB end into the top of the controller, and the USB end into the USB slot on the side or back of the console. The cable will provide both power and a wired connection to the controller.

Note The Xbox Wireless Controller (included with the Xbox Series X|S) and the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 use a USB-C cable for charging.

If your controller works when connected to your console with a USB cable, continue to the next step. If it doesn’t work when connected to your console with a USB cable, your controller needs to be replaced.

Request an Xbox controller replacement

Reference article: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. ATOMate1 Win User

Infuriating Buzzing sound - Party Chat

Hello, so I got a problem with using a mic on my Xbox One X.

My friend told he'd always hear a buzzing noise when I'd talk in Party Chat.

Connecting the controllers with a USB cable to my console only enhances the buzzing noise, and makes it almost unbearable for my Chat members.

Is your controller powered via an USB power supply during that time?

My friends also sometimes complain about a buzzing sound when I'm charging my controller via USB. Also, another friend produces buzzing when he charges his controller via USB.

So it's probably not your Y cable or microphone, as the original Xbox chat headset also buzzes, when the controller charges via USB.

However, when I remove the USB charging cable, the buzzing stops.

So if you still have a buzzing sound, do you have to power the microphone?
    Hey, thank you for answering.

My controller is powered by AA batteries. When I plug in the USB cable, the buzzing gets way worse. So not using the USB connection does improve it, but it's not gone entirely.

My mic's do not have external power supply, I just plug them in the Y cable.
  5. Arminator Win User

Infuriating Buzzing sound - Party Chat

Hello, so I got a problem with using a mic on my Xbox One X.

My friend told he'd always hear a buzzing noise when I'd talk in Party Chat.

Connecting the controllers with a USB cable to my console only enhances the buzzing noise, and makes it almost unbearable for my Chat members.

Is your controller powered via an USB power supply during that time?

My friends also sometimes complain about a buzzing sound when I'm charging my controller via USB. Also, another friend produces buzzing when he charges his controller via USB.

So it's probably not your Y cable or microphone, as the original Xbox chat headset also buzzes, when the controller charges via USB.

However, when I remove the USB charging cable, the buzzing stops.

So if you still have a buzzing sound, do you have to power the microphone?
  6. paulnick2003 Win User

Xbox one controllers

The controller which won't charge was plugged in via the usb lead so had power which is Shen I was getting this connection messages
Thema:

1. Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB - Similar Threads - Series controller won't

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  4. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  5. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  6. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  8. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  9. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  10. My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...: I tried to turn on my xbox with my controller and it didn't work I when to press the button and it didn't come up on the tv so I searched it up and it said power cycle and change batteries I did...