Series S can't use external HD to record

Discus and support Series S can't use external HD to record in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It says that I have to format it on a PC which it works fine on my XBone I can record up to 10 minutes but it's not letting me use my external to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WMDBIoodHunter, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Series S can't use external HD to record

It says that I have to format it on a PC which it works fine on my XBone I can record up to 10 minutes but it's not letting me use my external to record on?

:)

WMDBIoodHunter, Jul 23, 2021
  2. WMDBIoodHunter Win User

It's set to the xbox I can use it for the Xbox One but not the S. My friend's worked for hin but it's not letting me.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Okay, try to see later in the HD specs if it is USB 3.0, it should be formatted on the PC in NTFS format or directly on xbox and be placed as media.

It may be that something on the system is not letting it perform the captures correctly, try resetting the console with the procedure below.

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

https://support.xbox.com/pt-BR/help/hardware-ne...

Best regards,

4. WMDBIoodHunter Win User

All I know about is it's a microsoft brand one and it's a 1tb. My ffiend was abke to change his to record on his but mine just gives me that error
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Georges C

I am a gamer and expert on the XBOX platform.

Welcome to the community. I hope I can help you in the best way.

Hello WMDBIoodHunter,what kind of external HD are you using, it has USB 3.0, how much storage does it have, 1 TB, 2 TB?

Best Regards,

6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Thr drive is formatted for Xbox or PC, you can’t swap them back and forth without reformatting the drive.
Thema:

1. Series S can't use external HD to record - Similar Threads - Series can't external

2. Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.: Hello devs and community, in the past days i had an error on my xbox that can't access to dev mode menu because it shows me an error that says that i cant activate Dev mode on my console, and in...
  3. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  4. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  5. Why can't I download games on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I download games on xbox series x: So one day I turned my xbox on to see that two games are updating but they've both stopped and will not go past a certain percentage. So I cleared the que to start again only to find now that any...
  6. Xbox series X unsupported mode on tv can't get menu for xbox settings to come up on tv....

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X unsupported mode on tv can't get menu for xbox settings to come up on tv....: XBOX SERIES X -UNSUPPORTED MODE STUCK ON SCREEN. CANT GET XBOX MENU TO COME UP. PLEASE HELP ITS STUCK 69f39e34-6d04-4bad-a076-9758beac45ac
  7. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  8. Can't configure series 2 controller on companion app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't configure series 2 controller on companion app: Everytime I try to configure it the app tells me to download the Xbox app which I have then it says to get identity provider which if I click the get button there no way to download it on the...
  9. Can't connect a Thrustmaster racing wheel with Xbox series S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect a Thrustmaster racing wheel with Xbox series S console: We've got an old Thrustmaster Ferrari Italia racing wheel with pedals and a new Xbox Series X console. Now we can't connect the wheel with Xbox. After connecting the wheel with the consoles USB,...
  10. Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue): Hi, would appreciate any help on this as I'm close to banging my head against the wall. I have an Xbox Series X and received Three 5G hub at the start of the month, worked fine with an ethernet...