Series S accidental port change

Discus and support Series S accidental port change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I accidentally changed the port on one of my series S. Now both of them won’t connect to the internet to play online. Can i factory reset the Xbox to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by david steffens, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Series S accidental port change

I accidentally changed the port on one of my series S. Now both of them won’t connect to the internet to play online. Can i factory reset the Xbox to fix this issue or do I have to change the settings on my router interface?

:)

david steffens, Dec 11, 2022
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you have an issue about your network problem.

Try doing a factory reset on the Xbox but do not delete your games so you will not download them again. See if this fixes the problem.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

If that does not work, try doing a factory reset on your router instead to clear the ports again.
  3. NightShift56 Win User

What version of XBOX 360 is the best...safest?

There is one other item to consider. The S series 360's have a digital optical audio port but the new E series does not.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Can someone help with set up for a tv with a Roku stick?

Yes. The HDMI port on the Series S is an output. So you would just plug an HDMI cable from the Series S to your TV.
  5. Joshua Copp Win User

My account has been hacked I can't play any games

I am playing on xbox series s non of my details have changed that I am aware of when I load into a game of Multiplayer on black ops 2 online it lags out at the last moment and starts loading again it was working fine until I accidentally joined a hacked loby
  6. McBeardio1 Win User

Hogwarts legacy issues with purchase

Have you accidentely purchased the Xbox One version and not the Xbox Series X/S version? There's 2 versions and the Xbox One version isn't released until April i believe
Thema:

1. Series S accidental port change - Similar Threads - Series accidental port

2. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  3. I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...: [Mod removed] Seriel number of the console .SN:(Mod Removed) 29138814-07da-40fa-8363-bc6ff1e74832
  4. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  5. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  6. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  7. I accidentally deleted the store on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally deleted the store on my Xbox series s.: My store app on my Xbox has been updating them just staying at 100% for a week so I decided to just stop the updating process and then it just disappeared. I've already tried to use all the...
  8. I accidentally spilt water on my series and now is zoomed out and has black border around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally spilt water on my series and now is zoomed out and has black border around...: Yesterday i spilt water on my series s and didn’t turn on for a while but now it has turned on but the screen is zoomed out and has a black border around the home screen?...
  9. accidentally had xbox one version. Can I transfer MUT to xbox series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    accidentally had xbox one version. Can I transfer MUT to xbox series x?: I somehow downloaded Maddem 24 for both versions and have been using xbox one version. I used all my pre order perks on it. I also have comleted quite a bit for Madden Ultimate Team. Can I...
  10. Xbox Series S Digital, Accidentally Switched to DVI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Digital, Accidentally Switched to DVI: Hello. I have accidentally turned on dvi on my digital xbox series s and i dont know what to do. I have no dvi port to plug it into so if you know how to get rid of this and turn it back to hdmi,...