Series 2 elite controller continuously pressing “p4” paddle

Discus and support Series 2 elite controller continuously pressing “p4” paddle in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve used this controller for about 3 months now, I went to sleep woke up and now it won’t stop pressing p4 even though the paddle feels fine. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrandonPaech, Jan 30, 2023.

1. BrandonPaech
    BrandonPaech Guest

I’ve used this controller for about 3 months now, I went to sleep woke up and now it won’t stop pressing p4 even though the paddle feels fine. It clicks like all the others, when I go into test mode in xbox accessories it says it’s pressing the button it’s binded to & switching profiles only changes the bind… please help

:)

BrandonPaech, Jan 30, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.|

Kindly try the steps below and see if it helps.

1. Hard Reset: Turn off your Xbox and unplug the controller from the power source. Then hold down the Xbox button on the controller for 5-10 seconds until the light on the controller turns off. Plug the controller back in and try again.

2. Update Controller Firmware: Make sure your controller is up to date. You can update the controller by connecting it to your Xbox console or PC running the Xbox accessories app.

3. Clean Paddle: Check if there is any dirt or debris inside the paddle, and clean it if necessary.

4. Check Button Mapping: Go to the Xbox accessories app and make sure the button mapping is correct. Try resetting the mapping to the default settings.

5. Replace Paddle: If the above steps don't work, the paddle may be faulty and need to be replaced.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to consider replacing your controller.
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
  4. John P_14 Win User

My Xbox elite series 2 controller paddle doesn’t register

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I apologize for the issue you're experiencing with your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Kindly follow the steps below to try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure the controller is updated to the latest firmware. To do this, follow these steps:

2. Make sure the paddles are properly attached to the controller. If the paddles are not properly attached, they may not register when pressed.

3. Check the preset configuration for the paddles. Go to "Settings" and select "Devices & streaming," then choose "Accessories" and select your Elite Series 2 controller. From there, you can adjust the preset configuration for the paddles.

4. If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to reset the controller. To do this, follow these steps:

- Press and hold the small sync button on the top of the controller until the Xbox button flashes.

- Let go of the sync button.

- Press and hold the sync button on the controller again until the Xbox button stops flashing.

If you continue to experience issues with the paddles on your Elite Series 2 controller, you may need to contact Xbox Support for further assistance.
  5. Christian Quinto Win User

One paddle stopped responding in xbox elite 2. Its mapped ed and physically clicking but no response

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Just make sure the paddles are on the controller correctly and are pressing the little button under them. also, make sure that they have an assigned button in the Xbox accessories app.

P1, P2, P3, and P4 paddles: For additional inputs, four paddles are snapped into the sockets found at the very bottom on the back of the controller.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

(The link is in English)

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  6. Keaton Kailing Win User

my back paddles don’t seem to be working when i play my game, any way to fix this?

elite series 2 controllers back paddles won’t work
Thema:

1. Series 2 elite controller continuously pressing “p4” paddle - Similar Threads - Series elite controller

2. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  3. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  4. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  5. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  6. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....
  8. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  10. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...