Separate bitstream format options for HDMI/Optical on Xbox One X

Discus and support Separate bitstream format options for HDMI/Optical on Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, It seems the Xbox One X can only output one bitstream format at a time if you enable both HDMI and optical audio output. What I don't understand... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dark Dork, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Dark Dork
    Dark Dork Guest

Hi,

It seems the Xbox One X can only output one bitstream format at a time if you enable both HDMI and optical audio output. What I don't understand is why there is no way to configure HDMI and optical separately. For example, if I don't want to use my Astro
    A40 Mixamp Pro, I'd like my HDMI audio bitstream format to be DTS and not DD. For the Astro A40 I'm forced to have this set to DD. So whenever I don't want to use my headset, I have to change audio settings again. This is a hassle and can be totally avoided.
    MS, why?

:)

Dark Dork, Mar 30, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

You can log in
    HERE
    and submit your suggestions and/or vote on others.
  3. Dark Dork Win User

Some more info as to why I want this. I'm using HDMI ARC between my audio receiver and TV. All connected devices pass a DTS bitstream to my TV, which in turn passes it to the receiver. On my PS4 I also use an Astro A40 Mixamp Pro, which is capable of delivering
    DTS through HDMI and DD through optical. However the Xbox One X can't. I have to switch the bitstream format between DD and DTS manually. Why not use DD instead on the Xbox One then? Well then I'd have to switch what the TV sends to my receiver. So then I'll
    have to change between DD and DTS in my TV audio settings.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

[...]On my PS4 I also use an Astro A40 Mixamp Pro, which is capable of delivering DTS through HDMI and DD through optical. However the Xbox One X can't. [...]
    Just so I understand your setup correctly:

You have a PS4 connected to a Astro A40 Mixamp Pro, and you feed DTS to that Mixamp?

And you do NOT use such a Mixamp on the Xbox One?

Or what exactly prevents you from using that Mixamp with DTS on the Xbox One as well, so you don't have to switch the sound format?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

It can't be avoided, as this would mean two separate circuits for sound generation.

As I understand it, the console has one sound circuit to generate the digital bitstream wich gets send out of the sound chip, and then split to the HDMI and optical output.

You could think of this as a Y cable you put into your headphone jack of your MP3 player or smartphone to connect two headphones.

With that you are also unable to play two separate songs for you and the other person listening with you on your music player.

Since only one sound chip is present, you can only configure one sound format for both HDMI and optical out.
  6. TheVet96 Win User

Audio Switching HDMI/Soundbar to XBox One X Controller Audio

Hello JM!

I've never seen that option on any xbox console including the latest ones. I have to mute my tv as well. The only thing I could find if you want to try it out is the bitstream.

Bitstream format – Once you’ve set HDMI audio or Optical audio to Bitstream out, you can select one of these
    formats. These formats are typically used with compatible audio receivers or optical headphones. Formats labeled “HDMI only” will turn off Optical audio.

I have no way of testing that myself but since you are using the optical audio it might work. Let us know your results.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Separate bitstream format options for HDMI/Optical on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Separate bitstream format

2. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?: Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the...
  3. Is there a separate tracking order to the accessories from my controller when i shipped it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a separate tracking order to the accessories from my controller when i shipped it...: [img] I got my elite series 2 controller serviced and i shipped the controller that comes in its own case with all the accessories in it and i was just wondering if im even going to get that back...
  4. How can I set up 2 separate accounts with the same email

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I set up 2 separate accounts with the same email: Is it possible to set up 2 different accounts to the same email? bfa28ec5-957a-4ebd-8f9a-101494e454b8
  5. Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day using my checking...

in XBoX on Windows
    Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day using my checking...: Someone made four separate Microsoft XBOX purchases on the same day (12-19-23) all in the amount of $52.42 using my checking account information. I had a Windows 365 account that I was paying...
  6. If I pay for both a 10 person and a 2 person realm (2 separate realms) can they both be...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I pay for both a 10 person and a 2 person realm (2 separate realms) can they both be...: If I pay for both a 10 person and a 2 person realm (2 separate realms) can they both be open and active simultaneously? 99df4c12-6373-4415-80d1-25b73bc88b07
  7. Playing on separate Xboxs on the same network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing on separate Xboxs on the same network.: I want to play separate games on Xbox one and an Xbox x at the same time, but when I boot up a game on one it boots me from the other. How can we play different games at the same time?...
  8. Two separate xbox wireless headsets have constant "connecting" tones.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two separate xbox wireless headsets have constant "connecting" tones.: This is my second headset which has a tone of connecting over and over. It has occurred since updating to the latest firmware and did not happen on the older firmware that came with the headset....
  9. if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza...: if i get the pc xbox game pass do i have to buy the games separate like say the new forza motorsport? or are they included free with the pass as long as i have the subscription?...
  10. Console controller combo warranty dates don’t match up and are treated separately.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console controller combo warranty dates don’t match up and are treated separately.: Warranty related question I purchased my series x console and the controller I have has been experiencing too down stick drift I made a request on the device with the console but saw it has...