Sent day-one Xbox SX in for repairs. 12 days later, I get a different Xbox with the same...

Discus and support Sent day-one Xbox SX in for repairs. 12 days later, I get a different Xbox with the same... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; As you can tell by the title, I feel like I've been ripped off. February 26th, 2021: Xbox had been making noise for quite some time (especially when... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/EliLunch, Mar 11, 2021.

1. /u/EliLunch
    /u/EliLunch Guest

Sent day-one Xbox SX in for repairs. 12 days later, I get a different Xbox with the same...

As you can tell by the title, I feel like I've been ripped off.

February 26th, 2021: Xbox had been making noise for quite some time (especially when playing Cold War; same game also completely shut down the console), but then I couldn't even hear my movie. I'd played movies on it before, but this was annoyingly loud. The whole console was making noise. I got on Xbox Support and talked with one of their Xbox Gamers. They told me that I needed to send it in for repairs, for the same issue happened to them.

Okay great. Backed up my Xbox 3 times to be safe and proceeded to prepare the tower of power for shipping.

March 1st, 2021: I send my Xbox in for repairs. Costs me $10 for fast repair, and $21.66 for fragile packaging(because you can't use the safe box that you bought it in?!?!).

March 8th, 2021: I am notified that my console is being worked on and I shall receive notification when it is done with repairs.

A few hours later, I got my notification:

• Same Xbox will be shipped back
    • Expect it by end of March 10th

March 10th, 2021: A totally different Xbox SX shows up in a box with a letter that says it's my original console. My back-ups did not work. And it's even louder than the one before. This one started vibrating on my desk. It beeps like crazy.

TL;DR: Xbox Support had me pay $31.66 to go two weeks without my console and still not provide me with a fix. If this is the wrong subreddit, I apologize and please direct me to the correct one. Thank you for reading this. I appreciate any help/guidance.

submitted by /u/EliLunch
    [link] [comments]

/u/EliLunch, Mar 11, 2021
  2. DownTilt Win User

Games will not load - possibly associated with Gears of War 4

Same happened to my xbox scorpio x day one i sent it to get repaired for that issue months later i have the same problems now my warranty is out and i have to pay $225 to repair it again what if they dont fix it again but yeah my xbox wont even stay on
    its so bad
  3. Dark R3VENANT Win User

Day One Xbox - Disk Drive Issue.

In the very same boat, sent my day one xbox in for disc tray errors and they sent me out totally different xbox and instead of extended the warranty it remained the same and now it has started to happen again exactly a year later. Spent like an hour and
    half on chat with two different people and I would have to pay 115 to get the system fix even though it is clearly their wrong doing. I had to ship both my old xbox360s back like a total of 12 times between the two over the course of 3 years and never once
    got any sort of repair fee because they would always extended my warranty every time I received the issue. Been on Xbox Live since day one, thousands upon thousands of dollars later of supporting Microsoft and Xbox and they clearly neglect me and other loyal
    customers over a faulty design flaw. I am with the other guy...just bought a PS4 last year for Destiny and thinking about just dumping this xbox 1 and making the switch. Their customer service has gone straight into the toilet, and they just do not care anymore
    like they did back in the day. Sad to hear others who just bought the system having these same issues, don't look for much help here because all they do is provide links lol
  4. Dauntless85 Win User

My HDMI has messed up. NEED HELP BADLY

I too have had this issue! I had the reach slim when it got released then after about a week the HDMI stopped working I too had swapped the HDMI cable as my TV only had one port! The first time this happened I returned it to the store! then 2 days later
    same problem so I got in touch with xbox support on the phone and they booked in a repair sent it on its holidays all the way to the european repair centre then after about a week I got sent a shiny new console day I got it back same problem! I have tried
    a number of different cables on 3 different TV's and still nothing! yet my partners xbox slim (the same one as mine) works perfectly! with all the cabes etc! I too would like to know how to fix it without sending it away again!
  5. Pujinator Win User

Black Screen When pressing Xbox Button

I had the same issue. And after sending it into repair and having it sent back in same condition that I sent it in I still 35 days later have no working xone. It has been escalated to tier 3 twice and still no word from Xbox. Customer service however nice
    they are useless. I wish I could return this $500 paperweight and get a ps4
  6. Macta Svr Win User

Installation stopped

xbox one X with same error,, send my unit to repair, 1 week later came back and in the next day made the same error, I really hate xbox.
Thema:

1. Sent day-one Xbox SX in for repairs. 12 days later, I get a different Xbox with the same... - Similar Threads - Sent repairs days

2. I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?: I sent my controller via UPS with the label I was provided under warranty from microsoft, I have checked the progress of the controller and on UPS it says it was delivered on the 5th, but I have...
  3. Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it

in XBoX on Windows
    Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it: I’m posting this here out of desperation. I sent my ES2 controller in for warranty repair in November 2022. Over the course of about a year, I called XCS several times to try and find out about...
  4. I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...: My microsoft return order number is 2023912676 and serial number is 02710125334239, while shipping it back to the warehouse for repair I included the wireless connector with it, will I get it back...
  5. Xbox sent in for repair, wasn’t fixed

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox sent in for repair, wasn’t fixed: I was having a problem with trying to play games on my series X but almost every game has flashing lights and rainbow colors all over instead of how it’s supposed to look. I sent it in to be...
  6. What do I do if I sent a controller to get repaired only for it to come back in the same...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do if I sent a controller to get repaired only for it to come back in the same...: I sent my controller to be repaired by Microsoft only for it to not be fixed at all, is there anything I can do bc775a4d-1fb8-452d-8648-901645bd8b63
  7. Sent my Xbox controller back for repair in June . sent my controller back to me with wrong...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent my Xbox controller back for repair in June . sent my controller back to me with wrong...: Hi I sent my Xbox controller for repair in June . I contacted in July to ask where it was they said they sent it to my postal shop I asked for the invoice number so I could pick it up. However it...
  8. Controller Sent for repair. Returned in same condition

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Sent for repair. Returned in same condition: I recently sent an Xbox Elite 2 controller in for repair. The A and Y buttons both stick when depressed. The controller was received, "inspected", and sent back within the same day. The controller...
  9. Where is my controller I sent in to repaired?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where is my controller I sent in to repaired?: I purchased an Xbox controller, and it was faulty when I opened it. I sent it in to be repaired under warranty. I saw on my MS account page they had received and were working on it... and then a...
  10. I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and Microsoft lost it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and Microsoft lost it.: I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and I called support 5 times and so far no one can't find my controller, at this point I want a refund, how I can get it?...