sending/receiving friend requests on xbox one s

Discus and support sending/receiving friend requests on xbox one s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! My son recently received an xbox one s for his birthday. We cannot, however, send or receive friend requests - 'so and so cannot be found' is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThinkPuppet6231, Aug 8, 2019.

1. sending/receiving friend requests on xbox one s

Hello! My son recently received an xbox one s for his birthday. We cannot, however, send or receive friend requests - 'so and so cannot be found' is what we get when we enter someone's gamertag or epicgames email address. Can ANYONE help please?? I have
    texted with about 10 different epic games support people and although they are well-meaning, English is not their first language and we have gotten nowhere after 2 weeks....

:)

ThinkPuppet6231, Aug 8, 2019
  2. HarIey Quinn77 Win User

As stated above the gamer tags are case sensitive and need to be exact. Otherwise sadly it'll show as "not found". I'd double check and also make sure to link the xbox account to his epicgames account
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

if this is related to a specific game, then please mentioned the game (Fortnite?) or on Xbox Live itself too?

One thing that can be checked are the privacy and online safety settings here:
    http://account.xbox.com/settings

to see if they will allow adding friends etc.

I assume your son's account is a child account and in such case the parental account needs to sign in at the link mentioned.

The parental account should be able to select the child account and alter settings like allowing to add friends and who can communicate with the child account etc.

If changes were made then keep in mind that the account need to sign out on the console and sign back in again.

Let us know the results
  4. wi7bit Win User

5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

6. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

One thing worth mentioning is that you need to make sure of is that the gamertag you are searching for is typed exactly correct into the search bar as Xbox won't show you similar gamertags. If you mistype it, nothing will show and the gamertag you tried
    to search for may not exist.
Thema:

1. sending/receiving friend requests on xbox one s - Similar Threads - sending receiving friend

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  4. Games keep crashing and sending me back to db

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games keep crashing and sending me back to db: Long story short, my Xbox series s, not even a year old yet, has been crashing and bringing me back to the dashboard when I play certain games. Some games I’ve played have resulted in crashes or...
  5. How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...: How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair because one of the Joysticks has really bad stick drift? c19310fb-9d72-4783-adfa-be8601535d2f
  6. After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account: Disregarding this being my 4th model, I sent my Elite Series 2 Core (Blue) controller I'm for repair under warranty, because (you guessed it) the RB went out. It was returned to me, and the RB...
  7. Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?: I dont even know how to explain it. One minute it was fine and then the next minute, xbox app and my actual xbox stopped showing me my chats. I can't see them, recieve or send any messages and I'm...
  8. Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar not sending notifications on my PC but I receive them on my phone: So I'm running Windows 11 and I use the game bar a lot because I have friends on Xbox but for some reason, I don't always get notifications for party or game invites. I occasionally receive them...
  9. Just received my Xbox Series X back after sending it to Microsoft to be repaired. Now, I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just received my Xbox Series X back after sending it to Microsoft to be repaired. Now, I...: It gets stuck with the circle animation for 1 - 2 minutes before sending me back to the home screen. I have tried power cycling it and connecting to a hotspot. 282c3d67-d984-4010-89bc-407b54de007e
  10. Why can't I send or receive messages on my Xbox 360 recently I haven't even been suspended

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I send or receive messages on my Xbox 360 recently I haven't even been suspended: My gamertag is But I still can't send or receive messages I checked for suspensions and I had one or so I thought it was already expired so I waisted this person called Hans time (sorry Hans)...