Selective Kinect Commands

Discus and support Selective Kinect Commands in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; In my hulu app, my kinect will respond to "Xbox Pause" and pause the video with no issues. "Xbox Play", however, or any other command for that matter,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by fuzzyniblets, Feb 13, 2017.

1. fuzzyniblets
    fuzzyniblets Guest

In my hulu app, my kinect will respond to "Xbox Pause" and pause the video with no issues. "Xbox Play", however, or any other command for that matter, will not work. Error message "Cannot "play" from here". I am having to turn on my controller just to
    get my video to resume. Extremely inconvenient.

Anyone had this issue? or know a fix?

:)

fuzzyniblets, Feb 13, 2017
  2. tha_villain
    tha_villain Guest
    Kinect not acknowledging my voice at all

Did you check your settings? Kinect can be turned off.

Troubleshoot issues with Kinect voice commands

Verify that your Kinect sensor is on
    1. Press the Menu button on your controller, select Settings, then select Kinect.
    2. Verify that the Kinect on setting is selected. If it isn’t, select Kinect on to turn the sensor on.

tha_villain, Feb 13, 2017
  3. The Kinect Sucks

Yeah, I never use my kinect. I used it a couple of times near launch with Kinect Sports rivals and Xbox fitness, but that was about it. Its only usefull to those who use the voice commands. I don't because I do't like to talk to technology. There should be a decent selection of kinect titles.

-ChaoticGood-1, Feb 13, 2017
  4. guz2221 Win User

I just got a headset and was using that using the mic on the Xbox Kinect.

Hello LAPIII,

Of course you can, to disable the Kinect microphone go to:

# Settings

# Select Kinect

# Uncheck 'Use Kinect microphone for chat.'

Voice commands will also work with the "Kinect microphone being off".
  5. implantedwall14 Win User

Kinect and ME3

Check your preferences. If you Kinect is Muted, then Unmute it. If that does not work, go to your system settings and select the picture of the Kinect. Make sure that is reading voice commands.
  6. Fatalshock8912 Win User

Silly voice command blunders!

There is a tutorial that you can take. It's pretty good, and if all else fails, Xbox Select highlights all Kinectable commands in Green :)
  7. TheTrueOutcast Win User

"Xbox, play" command

Those are all based around the Kinect not hearing me. It hears me just fine. The problem is that the command does not function. It hears the command and says "can't "Play" from here". That, and the fact that it is across all media apps I use, speaks more
    to the way it process the command no longer lining up with how the app expects the command. I can bypass the error by using the "Xbox, select" method, which shows that the overall function of the kinect is fine, but that is cumbersome compared to what once
    worked.
  8. E McSq Win User

Netflix Voice Support - How to Use

Hi ZEBRA,

Netflix voice commands are NOT highlighted in green, unlike the rest of the xbox apps, which is obviously confusing.

Here is a list of the Netflix voice commands:

Firstly, make the kinect go into listening mode by saying "xbox select"

While xbox is listening you can say:

(on profile select screen) "Profile one", Profile two" (etc....)

(when scrolling through lists on the Netflix home screen) "Show more" , "Show previous" , "Next list" , "Previous list"

(select a film/show to watch) "Select 1" , "Select 2" , "Select 3" (etc...) or "Play 1", "Play 2" (etc...)

(when on film select screen) "Play", "Play from beginning", "Add to my List" or "Remove from my list"

(Whilst watcing a show/film) "Xbox play", "xbox pause", "xbox fast forward", "xbox rewind", "xbox stop" (no need to say xbox select first with those commands)

(During a show or on select screen) "Back to browse" (takes to the Netflix home screen)

(Other commands when at the netflix home screen) "Exit Netflix", "switch profiles"

Remember to say "xbox select" to put Kinect into listening mode before using these commands.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Selective Kinect Commands - Similar Threads - Selective Kinect Commands

2. Having issues with the A select button not working on some screens

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having issues with the A select button not working on some screens: The A “Select” button does not work on some screens while it works on others. This issue is occurring across multiple controllers (3 different ones) and multiple games. For instance, I cannot get...
  3. LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.: I tried to watch hulu one day, started up the controller and console like normal, was able to open hulu with the buttons but after that all buttons except L3 R3 RT LT stopped working, I've tried...
  4. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...
  5. Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1: Hello, I have 4 xbox controllers plugged in on my Win 10 machine, every time the PC resets different controller is set up as player 1/default controller, its like the ID's of the controllers...
  6. Anyone else feel cheated with game selection?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else feel cheated with game selection?: Why do Xbox players not have access to all the cool games I see people streaming? There are games for PC that look REALLY cool. And I’m sure we’ve all seen hell divers. If I didn’t have so much...
  7. How do I change port selection since the upnp is unsuccessful on my Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change port selection since the upnp is unsuccessful on my Xbox: Need to change port or something cause my game isn’t working due to nat type staying moderate and saying upnp is unsuccessful. bd0c6163-0dcb-45ec-9b48-e2dd59fcc28f
  8. Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 cannot select with slash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 cannot select with slash: I have tried all the suggestions on this issue that dates back to 2017 but will not fix. HELP. Fruit Ninja Kinect 2 still not working I saw other threads of people with the same issue but the fix...
  9. Kinect - Xbox, select not working since fall 2017 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect - Xbox, select not working since fall 2017 update: Just installed the fall update and now when I say 'Xbox, select' it tries to sign me out! Worked fine 20 minutes before the update now I have to use the controller as I can't select anything on...
  10. "Xbox select" no longer works on Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Xbox select" no longer works on Kinect: it appears Netflix, Hulu, all apps no longer have Kinect commands when you say Xbox select. is it no longer supported? everything else seems to work and hard reboots do nothing....