Selecting channels in OneGuide opens TV Listings [Comcast]

Discus and support Selecting channels in OneGuide opens TV Listings [Comcast] in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; TV Provider: Xfinity/Comcast Motorola HDDTA-100 box plugged into a Samsung 65" TV via HDMI. [TV Model UN65F7100AF] HDMI from Xbox to TV I am using... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Punk Vader, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Punk Vader
    Punk Vader Guest

TV Provider: Xfinity/Comcast

Motorola HDDTA-100 box plugged into a Samsung 65" TV via HDMI. [TV Model UN65F7100AF]

HDMI from Xbox to TV

I am using the Xbox One Media remote to control the TV. Everything works as it should. I can change channels. Volume up/down works. However . . .

When I select a channel in OneGuide and press the OK button on the Xbox Remote, it will change the channel, but pops up Comcast TV Listings screen. So I'm basically changing the channel with the Xbox and then having to pick up the stupid Comcast remote to
    close the dang TV Listings. This happens if I use voice command as well. Changing the channel one channel at a time with the Xbox remote works as it should - not TV Listing screen popping up. I hate Comcast with every fiber of my being so I gather this is
    a Comcast issue. Anyone experience this and/or know how to fix? I just want it to go the channel like normal, not open the TV Listing!

Grrrrr, I hate Comcast!

The only thing I can think of, is when I change the channel one at a time and it works as it should, a brief Comcast message appears on screen saying "Press OK to view Guide." It seems as if the OK button is being transmitted after the channel number gets
    sent. Any ideas?

:)

Punk Vader, Aug 24, 2015
  2. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    Comcast channels wrong

This is a pretty straightforward, though frustrating issue. Despite well-meaning suggestions above, it does not depend on the model of your STB and powercycling isn't going to help. Whatever provider Microsoft is using to obtain TV listings for the OneGuide
    simply has incorrect/out-of-date channel lineup data for some Comcast markets. In those markets, Comcast moved all of the 400 range channels to the 1000 range months ago (to provide transition time, Comcast briefly left the channels duplicated in both places
    initially). There are NO channels from 400-499 anymore, but the OneGuide still lists them because it is getting bad data from the listings provider. Only the listings provider and Microsoft can fix this incorrect channel lineup issue, and I'm sure they are
    aware of it. Frankly, Microsoft could fix this issue itself if it would just allow users to disable/hide selected channels from the OneGuide, which it needs to do regardless of this issue.

jmcode, Aug 24, 2015
  3. CGilb
    CGilb Guest
    Uverse Oklahoma City Digital live tv missing hd channels

The OneGuide is missing some key HD channels in the listing for Oklahoma City, notably Comedy Central, tru tv, and spike tv. I went to TVGuide.com and put in my zip code and chose AT&T Oklahoma City Digital listing and it too is missing these hd channels.
    I have called At&t uverse support to give them this information, but I want to put it in these forums to see if Xbox has a hand in making sure these channels get added as quickly as possible. If you are missing channels in the OneGuide, there is a good chance
    the internet listings from your provider are incorrect. You can use tvguide.com channel listings to make sure that missing channels on xbox are missing from the providers internet listings.

CGilb, Aug 24, 2015
  4. BrannonZ
    BrannonZ Guest

My friend has the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?

BrannonZ, Dec 27, 2015
  5. BrannonZ Win User

My friend has the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?
  6. jmcode Win User

Comcast channels wrong

This is a pretty straightforward, though frustrating issue. Despite well-meaning suggestions above, it does not depend on the model of your STB and powercycling isn't going to help. Whatever provider Microsoft is using to obtain TV listings for the OneGuide
    simply has incorrect/out-of-date channel lineup data for some Comcast markets. In those markets, Comcast moved all of the 400 range channels to the 1000 range months ago (to provide transition time, Comcast briefly left the channels duplicated in both places
    initially). There are NO channels from 400-499 anymore, but the OneGuide still lists them because it is getting bad data from the listings provider. Only the listings provider and Microsoft can fix this incorrect channel lineup issue, and I'm sure they are
    aware of it. Frankly, Microsoft could fix this issue itself if it would just allow users to disable/hide selected channels from the OneGuide, which it needs to do regardless of this issue.
  7. Mister Beep Win User

Channels are incorrect

VooDoo90,

The best way to report the incorrect channels in the OneGuide troubleshooting section in your Xbox One settings.

• Press the Menu button on your Xbox One controller and select 'Settings'.
    • In the Settings menu, select 'TV & OneGuide'.
    • Select 'Troubleshooting'.
    • From here select 'Report a OneGuide problem' and select 'Wrong channel'.
    This will report the error directly to the proper folks.
  8. Mister Beep Win User

OneGuide missing channels

Hey there R7Response!

Sorry to hear there are channels missing! The best way to report this is actually in the Xbox One console. Here's how:

• Press the Menu button on your Xbox One controller and select Settings.
    • Under the Console group, select TV & OneGuide.
    • In the TV & OneGuide menu, select Troubleshooting.
    • Select "Report a OneGuide problem" and select "Missing channel" and follow the steps!
    Give that a shot and let us know how that goes. Those steps should get the ball rolling for you!
  9. Mister Beep Win User

TV Tuner /One Guide problem

I see, what we will have to do next is report the missing channels in TV & OneGuide settings so that this issue can get sent to the proper folks. Follow the steps below to report missing channels in OneGuide.

• On your Xbox One controller, press the Menu button and select Settings.
    • From the Settings menu, select TV & OneGuide.
    • From here, select Troubleshooting.
    • In the Troubleshooting menu, select 'Report a OneGuide problem', and then select 'Missing Channel' in the drop menu.
    Follow those steps and the report be sent to the proper folks, I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and I really hope you get up and running soon!
Thema:

1. Selecting channels in OneGuide opens TV Listings [Comcast] - Similar Threads - Selecting channels OneGuide

2. Having issues with the A select button not working on some screens

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having issues with the A select button not working on some screens: The A “Select” button does not work on some screens while it works on others. This issue is occurring across multiple controllers (3 different ones) and multiple games. For instance, I cannot get...
  3. LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.: I tried to watch hulu one day, started up the controller and console like normal, was able to open hulu with the buttons but after that all buttons except L3 R3 RT LT stopped working, I've tried...
  4. Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio'

in XboX Insiders
    Cant un- select 'Let my receiver decode audio': Hi all, i tried to play a 4k Blu Ray disc on my Xbox (X series) and it came up with an audio error, i need to unselect 'Let my receiver decode audio'. I can unselect it but it doesn't stay at that...
  5. Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1: Hello, I have 4 xbox controllers plugged in on my Win 10 machine, every time the PC resets different controller is set up as player 1/default controller, its like the ID's of the controllers...
  6. Anyone else feel cheated with game selection?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else feel cheated with game selection?: Why do Xbox players not have access to all the cool games I see people streaming? There are games for PC that look REALLY cool. And I’m sure we’ve all seen hell divers. If I didn’t have so much...
  7. How do I change port selection since the upnp is unsuccessful on my Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change port selection since the upnp is unsuccessful on my Xbox: Need to change port or something cause my game isn’t working due to nat type staying moderate and saying upnp is unsuccessful. bd0c6163-0dcb-45ec-9b48-e2dd59fcc28f
  8. I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently purchased a lg 27gl83 a-b and my xbox series x wont let me select 120hz for...: Any information is helpful as I have tried various settings on the monitor and xbox series x. I am trying to use 1440p at 120 hz. 793a1ab1-cd00-45fa-8f94-c46cc58eb960
  9. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  10. Live TV presses "select" when entering a channel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Live TV presses "select" when entering a channel: Hi everyone, So I have Time Warner Cable running through my Xbox one, and everything works great except for this one minor issue. When a channel is entered on the xbox, it will enter the channel...