security

Discus and support security in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know anything about the Xbox but I have got live free for a month for my 3 sons. But I received a email today about them downloading a game for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by concalkie74, Jan 6, 2014.

1. concalkie74
    concalkie74 Guest

security

I don't know anything about the Xbox but I have got live free for a month for my 3 sons. But I received a email today about them downloading a game for nearly £7 surely there is a way to secure that they don't download games without Bill payers permission.
    Is there a way to do this please. Thanks.

:)

concalkie74, Jan 6, 2014
  2. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    Perpetrator Of Holiday DDoS Attacks Convicted Of Over 50,000 Counts Of Computer Crime

Testing security through DDos sure bud.

SPITFIRE-SIX, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Security

@scotsman - this has nothing to do with people who play FIFA 12 except that the hackers (excuse me, "scam artists" since microsoft is claiming its just a scam) use FIFA as their way of stealing all your points and transferring them as cards, which they can
    sell for currency. My account was compromised and I have never played FIFA on any Xbox console in my life let alone my own.

OaklandSideshow, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Klokkwork
    Klokkwork Guest

security

During the creation of their account, one of the first questions asked is a Date of Birth. If that Date of Birth entered indicated that they were under 18 (or other applicable age of adulthood depending on region), then the account would be designated a
    Child Account, governed by a linked Parental Account. If that is the case, then you should have the option to enact Parental Controls on the account, restricting the ability to make purchases. This is accomplished easily by signing into xbox.com/account
    with the Parental Account email and password, and then choosing "Manage my privacy and online safety". As a Parental Account, you will have your settings listed first, with icons representing any Child Accounts registered under you. Click their icon, and
    it will switch to managing their settings. You can then set their ability to "Purchase Content" to Blocked.

If, however, they do not have a Child Account, the best options for keeping unwanted purchases from happening would be to use prepaid credit cards, so they can't overspend the budget you set aside for them, or prepaid Xbox Gift Cards, which add currency
    to the Microsoft Account so you don't have to leave a credit card on file.

Klokkwork, Jan 6, 2014
  5. xXCamhawkXx Win User

security

Reading your post, it seems like there are a couple nouns or verbs or something missing. Why can't you change your password to something else?
  6. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

security

If you're able to post from your gamertag then I assume this is not an Xbox-related problem. Perhaps this is something you need to take up with the "guys in the shop"? Are you referring to your Windows 8 account?
  7. onyxishere Win User

Security

First off, this is an older thread. You should create a new one detailing your issues.

As for the search, that's something you'll need to take up with either google or twitter. If there is any kind of association with twitter and your xbox account or pic then google will list it.
  8. oatacus Win User

Security

I already had my credit card changed and if you read the whole story I said I had the fun time of changing my credit card accounts over to my new one. Also yes the bank statements had your credit card number on it, the last 4 digits. If your bank doesn't
    do that then you need to get a new one. I also complained to the post office. I am not an idiot. I have been at this for over a month and talked to everyone I could. The last party I have been trying to talk to about this is Microsoft and they refuse to
    give me an answer.
  9. oatacus Win User

Security

Ok, what I really want is to know about my whole credit card number being sent through the postal system thus compromising my credit security even more.
Thema:

security

1. security - Similar Threads - security

2. Why won't my security protocol work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my security protocol work?: It says my security protocol won't work, but it's the wpa 2/3 wich is on the list of supported protocols 5efb434f-7dc8-4a25-ac46-df81d5803038
  3. cant access secure boot its all grayed out EVERYTHING

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant access secure boot its all grayed out EVERYTHING: cannot access secure boot i wanted to put it on so i can play valorant but i cant its fully grayed out i have an ASUS tuf gaming f15 laptop if that helps i will provide a picture if needed...
  4. Got a new router, now xbox saying different security protocols than my router. I reset my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got a new router, now xbox saying different security protocols than my router. I reset my...: New router, now xbox won't connect. Different security protocol ceb3fd6f-22af-460c-85f6-7d7e2ecc3058
  5. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  6. How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S: This is an internet I have connected to before, and now it is giving me the following error message; “ Your security protocol won't work This console supports WPA2/WPA3 (personal), WA/WPA2...
  7. Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes and secure boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes and secure boot: Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes immediately i don't know what it is, i bought the game from Microsoft store and i tried reinstalling it, I updated everything {so all my laptops drivers and...
  8. Info about changing my router security protocol

in XBoX on Consoles
    Info about changing my router security protocol: Why doesn't Xbox one accept my wi-fi f248937a-345f-4bff-a574-3abeb6a59da4
  9. Xbox Security Web Link Error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Security Web Link Error: Hi! I am not able to access the security link, https://www.microsoft.com/link. I receive the following error on my PC: An error occurred while processing your request. Reference...
  10. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason *** moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Other*** bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7