Security key and windows hello.

Discus and support Security key and windows hello. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi. Long story short, my account was hacked and the hacker changed my primary email, phone number, everything. I can't recover my password in any way.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kamil Kassem, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Kamil Kassem
    Kamil Kassem Guest

Hi.

Long story short, my account was hacked and the hacker changed my primary email, phone number, everything. I can't recover my password in any way.

I noticed I am still logged in into my account on the microsoft store and my account was also used for this desktop so when I look in the settings area in my pc there's my account.

I noticed that I can set up a pin (windows hello) and I can set up also a security key from setting>account> sign in options (from my pc).

I also tried ''other ways to log in'' when I insert the hacker's email and I saw that I can log in with windows hello, so with a security key and a pin.

My question is: If I can set up a security key from the settings in my computer, will it work when I try to log in into my microsoft account so I can recover it and change the information as it was before I was hacked?

Cordially,

Kamil.

:)

Kamil Kassem, Dec 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

You can use the security key (PIN) to sign in both PC and Microsoft account

But two things can happen as soon as you use the security key to sign in with your account via web browser:

A. You log into the account and then revert the changes in order to recover the account
    B. The system ask you to verify your identity using another method, if you’re not able to use other methods unfortunately you can’t recover the account
  3. Kamil Kassem Win User

I’m asking this because I’m not sure if the security key that I set up through the setting page on my computer can be used to also log in into my Microsoft account or it can be used only to log in into my computer.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Kamil

Are you able to see the email used by this hacker to replace your email?
    If yes, try sign in with the account via Microsoft edge here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile

In some cases you can use Windows Hello to sign in.

[​IMG]

If that option doesn’t appear or if you’re not able to see the new email, you can try to recover the compromised account following steps here:

https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...

Please note that here in the forums no one can assist you with this process / tell you the specific-new email address / modify or share account details due to privacy and security policies
  5. Kamil Kassem Win User

I have the hacker’s email and I also have the option tu use the security key.

My question is still not answered. If I can set up a security key from my computer’s settings (because I still appear as logged in) can I then use the same security key when I try to log in into my Microsoft account?
  6. Ennileah ☆ Win User

i am trying to connect my wireless xbox one s controller to my windows labtop, the problem is the computer is asking for a pin. where is it/which sheet of paper is it on?

I have an HP laptop that has HP simple pass on it.. this is setup to ask for a pin instead of my Microsoft account password.

The Windows Hello feature also allows the use of a pin instead of a password. It could be that you have something like this set up perhaps??

More info on Windows hello can be found at the link below

Sign in to your Microsoft account with Windows Hello or a security key
Thema:

1. Security key and windows hello. - Similar Threads - Security key windows

2. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  3. How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Fix Security Protocol Error Message On My Xbox Series S: This is an internet I have connected to before, and now it is giving me the following error message; “ Your security protocol won't work This console supports WPA2/WPA3 (personal), WA/WPA2...
  4. Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes and secure boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes and secure boot: Every time i open BTD6 it just crashes immediately i don't know what it is, i bought the game from Microsoft store and i tried reinstalling it, I updated everything {so all my laptops drivers and...
  5. Info about changing my router security protocol

in XBoX on Consoles
    Info about changing my router security protocol: Why doesn't Xbox one accept my wi-fi f248937a-345f-4bff-a574-3abeb6a59da4
  6. Xbox Security Web Link Error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Security Web Link Error: Hi! I am not able to access the security link, https://www.microsoft.com/link. I receive the following error on my PC: An error occurred while processing your request. Reference...
  7. Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft please address the security issues with people on Xbox getting perma banned by...: There are people going around banning other peoples accounts for fun for no reason *** moved from Gaming and Xbox / Account and profile / Other*** bc5ab763-9a3e-41ff-9a1c-fb4fd80646a7
  8. I first got an cracked acc when i login in it i have the error gelp us secure your acc but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I first got an cracked acc when i login in it i have the error gelp us secure your acc but...: It is My problem please support 69d8fc12-1fbf-469e-be28-994279c0ae7e
  9. Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed password creates security alert that forces me to change my password again in a loop: I have changed my password because I forgot the last one, now when I log in with the new password it says "We detected unusual activity on your MS account ... we believe your credentials are at...
  10. Whats the deal with the Xbox Series S/X Security Key Partition?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whats the deal with the Xbox Series S/X Security Key Partition?: Why does my Series S have a security partition on the internal SSD? Who came up with this horrible idea at Microsoft? This basically adds an expiration date to my console, since SSD's are...