second hand xbox

Discus and support second hand xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've purchased a secondhand xbox360 and the details of the owner before me are still on the console. The problem is that the previous owner was under... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TwiggyArc588402, Jan 7, 2014.

1. second hand xbox

I've purchased a secondhand xbox360 and the details of the owner before me are still on the console. The problem is that the previous owner was under sixteen years of age and I'm a woman in her 40's, so it won't let me play online with age restricted games
    can anyone please tell me hao i get their account off and put mine on.

:)

TwiggyArc588402, Jan 7, 2014
  2. u2steve
    u2steve Guest
    second hand xbox

Thanks for all your help can i ask one more question ? i have a family membership can we play with two xbox under different profiles?

u2steve, Jan 7, 2014
  3. Temhotabot
    Temhotabot Guest
    second hand xbox

You should be aware that it is not recommended that you buy any USED console as you do not know the history of the console or the previous owner. Just keep in the back of your mind that should the console get banned from XBL or
    go down for a repair that it could have been something the previous owner did to it and unfortunately there would be nothing you could do in regards to a console ban and if the console is out of warranty you would be stuck paying for the repair.

However, I have a USED console (had it for about four months now) and have had no issues with it yet. I got mine at Game Stop (I know, not the best place to get one but slightly better than eBay or craigslist). All I can say is
    if anything goes wrong with it it would be my fault for buying USED. I already accept that fact.

Good luck with your new USED console and happy gaming.

No, you can not play on the same account on two different consoles at the same time. However, you should check both consoles and see if they still have 3-1 month free Gold trials on them. That way you could create an account for
    your son, or whomever, on the USED or new console and game together. I got lucky at there was atleast one on my USED console. I'll find out at the end of 30 days if I have anymore. NOTE: the account has to be created on the console. And you need to have a
    seperate e-mail for it (one different than the one you use for this account).

Temhotabot, Jan 7, 2014
  4. second hand xbox

You can reset the Xbox back to defaults. The fastest way would be just to look it up on YouTube. However, these methods vary from console to console. For the proper procedure for your console you should call Xbox support.

SMRF LDR TAE2U, Jan 7, 2014
  5. You should just create your own account. The sale or transfer of accounts is against the Terms Of Service and could result in the account getting banned.

HomegrownSilky, Jan 7, 2014
  6. @HomegrownSilky--- Hey silky Twiggy is asking how to get the other person's information off the Xbox. That is why I suggested Twiggy reset the console to defaults. If Twiggy is able to restore the console to default then then can run the setup and it will
    prompt them to create an account. @Twiggy--- Were you able to do this?

SMRF LDR TAE2U, Oct 31, 2018
  7. voteDC Win User

second hand xbox

You can't have your profile on two 360s at the same time but you can put it onto a USB stick and swap it between consoles that way.
  8. u2steve Win User

second hand xbox

Thanks for all your help can i ask one more question ? i have a family membership can we play with two xbox under different profiles?
  9. Temhotabot Win User

second hand xbox

You should be aware that it is not recommended that you buy any USED console as you do not know the history of the console or the previous owner. Just keep in the back of your mind that should the console get banned from XBL or
    go down for a repair that it could have been something the previous owner did to it and unfortunately there would be nothing you could do in regards to a console ban and if the console is out of warranty you would be stuck paying for the repair.

However, I have a USED console (had it for about four months now) and have had no issues with it yet. I got mine at Game Stop (I know, not the best place to get one but slightly better than eBay or craigslist). All I can say is
    if anything goes wrong with it it would be my fault for buying USED. I already accept that fact.

Good luck with your new USED console and happy gaming.

No, you can not play on the same account on two different consoles at the same time. However, you should check both consoles and see if they still have 3-1 month free Gold trials on them. That way you could create an account for
    your son, or whomever, on the USED or new console and game together. I got lucky at there was atleast one on my USED console. I'll find out at the end of 30 days if I have anymore. NOTE: the account has to be created on the console. And you need to have a
    seperate e-mail for it (one different than the one you use for this account).
  10. SMRF LDR TAE2U Win User

second hand xbox

@HomegrownSilky--- Hey silky Twiggy is asking how to get the other person's information off the Xbox. That is why I suggested Twiggy reset the console to defaults. If Twiggy is able to restore the console to default then then can run the setup and it will
    prompt them to create an account. @Twiggy--- Were you able to do this?
  11. SMRF LDR TAE2U Win User

second hand xbox

You can reset the Xbox back to defaults. The fastest way would be just to look it up on YouTube. However, these methods vary from console to console. For the proper procedure for your console you should call Xbox support.
Thema:

second hand xbox

1. second hand xbox - Similar Threads - second hand

2. I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...: Please help [img] e26eafb7-5c77-4439-82c7-628498dfa87d
  3. Second hand xbox 360 infected with malware. need xbox 360 s operating system download link

in XBoX on Windows
    Second hand xbox 360 infected with malware. need xbox 360 s operating system download link: Well so I bought a second hand xbox 360 on amazon. Stupidly connected it to my LAN, prior owner accounts were present and formatted the drive through the 360 console as well as doing a factory...
  4. How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to remove family setting in a second hand Xbox 360: Heyy n I've tried almost everything to remove the family setting but it not working out Is the anything I could do to remove or restart the console fb9bf81c-b458-48eb-ad5b-5cf97f944411
  5. Second Hand Xbox series x Diablo IV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Second Hand Xbox series x Diablo IV: Bought a second hand Xbox Series X from cex . It says Diablo iv is included with this xbox, but its got claimed next to it and says choose another account. Is it possible to redeem it on my...
  6. How to use dlc codes on games brought second hand for xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use dlc codes on games brought second hand for xbox: Hi everyone ,I have recently purchased destiny 1 legendary pack from my local cex store. When I opened the game there were dlc code cards for the game, but when I enter the codes I am met with...
  7. How do I add my account to a second-hand Xbox that has an access key?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I add my account to a second-hand Xbox that has an access key?: I just bought a second-hand Xbox One S off of somebody and they have an access key on it (which I don’t know and they won’t reply to me) is there any possible way to gain access to the Xbox so I...
  8. I need reset code for my second hand Xbox 360 please

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need reset code for my second hand Xbox 360 please: I need reset code for my second hand Xbox 360 please 36e83070-632c-4a94-888b-ab4bb518dea6
  9. Second hand consoles and the risk of being banned?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Second hand consoles and the risk of being banned?: Since I can't play 360 games on the Series X (and no one knows how to fix that), I'm looking at buying an Xbox 360. If the console is second hand, and the previous owner did some naughty things...
  10. I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous...: I bought a second hand xbox but it has a family passcode and I can't reach the previous owner . I've tried the support website it just loads. Please help 5a1de90e-6ced-42d6-8694-2ce7ff0ec910