Seagate game drive won’t let me play games on my Xbox series s. It is brand new just got it...

Discus and support Seagate game drive won’t let me play games on my Xbox series s. It is brand new just got it... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Seagate game drive won’t let me play any games. It’s brand new just came in the mail today. It says newer games aren’t able to be played on it even... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tyler h_2, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Tyler h_2
    Tyler h_2 Guest

Seagate game drive won’t let me play games on my Xbox series s. It is brand new just got it...

Seagate game drive won’t let me play any games. It’s brand new just came in the mail today. It says newer games aren’t able to be played on it even though it says compatible for xbox series s on the box.

:)

Tyler h_2, Dec 23, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

3. Smwutches Win User

Storage Xbox series X

If they're Series S/X games or enhanced games, they can only run on the internal hard drive or the Seagate expansion card made for the Series S/X. A regular external drive can be used to store the games if you're not playing them and store/play older games.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Next gen storage

Let me help you on Amazon a 12 terabyte seagate internal HDD is 279 for a PC, while also on Amazon a 1 terabyte seagate “memory card” is 200 for the Xbox series S/X. Now that I’ve done your research for you still think it’s a fair price? Or let me put it into a better point a 1 terabyte seagate HDD for a PC on Amazon is at most 80 bucks.
    You are not comparing like-for-like..you are comparing old technology to new technology...it would be like saying a 4k UHD movie disc should not be £25 because a normal Blu-Ray is only £5. The Seagate External Series S/X SSD is not a HDD...those things in comparison are pitifully slow. This drive would be a rough equivalent of the Expansion card and has an RRP of £200:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-FireCuda-Internal-Solid-State/

And no-one says you have to buy the Expansion card...you can store Series X/S games on a normal drive, you just can't run them from a normal HDD due to the slow speeds of the HDD.

To compare, the drive I listed above has a read speed of 7300 megabytes per second; A Seagate Barracuda 1TB drive has a read speed of 210 megabytes per second. There is a vast difference between the drives....Series S/X games simply wouldn't run at all well on a normal HDD...frankly, Xbox One games were slow on the HDDs in Xbox One consoles (my One X is painfully slow compared to the Series X)
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

External hard drive not working

Hi,

External hard drives are not fast enough for Xbox Series X|S titles. Unfortunately you can't play these games off slow USB external hard drives. They need either be installed internally or to an optional Xbox Series X|S Expansion card.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S?

If it is a Series X|S games, then the game can only be installed on the internal drive or on a external Seagate storage expansion card

https://www.xbox.com/en-Gb/accessories/hard-drives/seagate-expansion-card or a Western Digital one

https://www.westerndigital.com/prod...sion-card-for-xbox-ssd?sku=WDBMPH0010BNC-WCSN These can store Xbox Series X|S games and be launched from them too.

Any backward Compatible title (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One) can be installed on an external drive and played from there too.
Thema:

1. Seagate game drive won’t let me play games on my Xbox series s. It is brand new just got it... - Similar Threads - Seagate game drive

2. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  3. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  4. My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.: As stated in title my seagate hard drive, (1tb black brick with a green led light) wont let me play series x optismised games anymore. As the internal hard drive is really small this hard drive...
  5. How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive: How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series C console? I have a Seagate hard drive d45a01d0-f1f8-403f-9ef9-96584b14ec71
  6. Seagate 4t game drive for Xbox s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate 4t game drive for Xbox s: How do I play my games on my hard drive with my Xbox s it says my games aren’t compatible with the hard drive and need to be moved into my internal drive. 78e3875d-bfa4-43e9-9d46-f5a925ca7478
  7. Games are not working on seagate external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Games are not working on seagate external hard drive?: I got the seagate external hard drive optimized for Xbox x/s but I can’t play some games such as apex or overwatch, I thought the seagate external hard drive let you play Xbox x/s optimized games...
  8. Why can’t I play games direct from seagate hard drive??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play games direct from seagate hard drive??: Hi all I have a seagate hard drive, but every time I want to play a game that’s stored there it tells me I have to move it to the Xbox memory. I then have to move a game from the Xbox to the...
  9. why can’t I play my games from my 2TB seagate drive? It says the game can’t be played from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can’t I play my games from my 2TB seagate drive? It says the game can’t be played from...: why do I have to buy another drive that only comes with 2tb for half the price of a damn Xbox series x??? If yall gonna force us to play off a storage drive at LEAST MAKE THE INTERNAL STORAGE MORE...
  10. What's wrong with my Seagate Game Drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's wrong with my Seagate Game Drive?: My Seagate Game Drive for xbox one just today won't power on properly (no light), not detectable by the xbox but sounds normal when I listen to it. Tried plugging it into my son's PC and won't...