Seagate External hard drive slowing down xbox series s anyone else having this problem?

Discus and support Seagate External hard drive slowing down xbox series s anyone else having this problem? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm just gonna be straight forward whenever I have my hard drive plugged in it seems to be connected but whenever I go to launch a game it doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JakeAllen3, Apr 18, 2022.

1. JakeAllen3
    JakeAllen3 Guest

Seagate External hard drive slowing down xbox series s anyone else having this problem?

So I'm just gonna be straight forward whenever I have my hard drive plugged in it seems to be connected but whenever I go to launch a game it doesn't launch or launches very slow until I unplug it from the xbox. It's also causing devices to disconnect from the xbox controllers, headsets etc. And this didn't start happening until the most recent console update. I've tried replacing the cable, resetting the console and it still seems to be a problem.

:)

JakeAllen3, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

External hard drive not working

Hi,

External hard drives are not fast enough for Xbox Series X|S titles. Unfortunately you can't play these games off slow USB external hard drives. They need either be installed internally or to an optional Xbox Series X|S Expansion card.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Storage Device too slow error

Xbox Series X|S games can only be installed on the console's internal storage or the external Seagate SSD card. Link here. External drives are too slow for those games. The external hard drive can only be used to install backward compatible games (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One).
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

5. Obsessive Power Win User

I needing help with expansion hard drive

Hi,

The drive you've bought is not an expansion card, it's an external hard drive. Hard discs are slow mechanical drives and are not supported to run Series X games. You can only achive your Series X|S games to these.

You need either one these or one of these
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox series x seagate from xbox one not showing any games when plugged into the series x

Hi,

Do you still have your Xbox One and does your external hard drive still work on that console?

I have successfully connected both my Seagate 'Game Drive' and my external SSD USB 3.0 drives to my Series S without any problems. All my installed games show up fine.

The Series X/S supports the same external drives as the Xbox One/S/X support. If your drive isn't being detected it's probably become corrupted or has a hardware issue.
Thema:

1. Seagate External hard drive slowing down xbox series s anyone else having this problem? - Similar Threads - Seagate External hard

2. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  3. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  4. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  5. Games are not working on seagate external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Games are not working on seagate external hard drive?: I got the seagate external hard drive optimized for Xbox x/s but I can’t play some games such as apex or overwatch, I thought the seagate external hard drive let you play Xbox x/s optimized games...
  6. Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty: I have a seagate hard drive and I've been trying to get ot to work but I can't it says 100% full but also thats theirs nothing at all on it even when i check it on my computer its says that theirs...
  7. Seagate external expansion ssd card not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate external expansion ssd card not working: I bought a external seagate expansion card 2TB to use on my Xbox series S and it’ll allow me to down things to it and once I try to play any game off of it it’ll play 2-3 minutes then kicks you...
  8. Help with my external drive by seagate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with my external drive by seagate: So I downloaded a game called “Conan Exiles on to my external drive storage and when I went to go play the game it bugged out and said “could no longer detect external drive” or something like...
  9. My Seagate Xbox external drive will appear and disappear on my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Seagate Xbox external drive will appear and disappear on my xbox: I have tried every possible method of fixing it such as plugging it in different ports and changing my power settings. It will appear for a couple of minutes but then just disappear off of my Xbox...
  10. External seagate hard drive light not on but is still getting power

in XBoX on Consoles
    External seagate hard drive light not on but is still getting power: Hi if anyone can help with this I will be so grateful. But my hard drive went out on me with all my games in it and now I'm having the problem of the hard drive light not coming on, but I can feel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x slowdown with external hard drive