Seagate expansion memory card moving consoles

Discus and support Seagate expansion memory card moving consoles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I was just wondering, if I move my expansion card from a series s to a series x do the games automatically switch to the series x version or do I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ronin Devil, May 27, 2022.

1. Ronin Devil
    Ronin Devil Guest

Hi, I was just wondering, if I move my expansion card from a series s to a series x do the games automatically switch to the series x version or do I have to delete and reinstall?

Thank you

:)

Ronin Devil, May 27, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Ronin. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Usually when you move your games from Xbox Series S to Series X, the first time you play a game it will ask for a update or patch. So the game will update itself to the Series X version automatically.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Nope its fine as long as your profile is there if you can connect but you may have to sign in online or use your hone conso switch if available
  4. Smwutches Win User

Expansion Card Question

Did you buy the Seagate expansion card or a Seagate hard drive? The arrows mean the games are on a device that can't run them and they need to be moved back to the internal drive in order to play them. If what you bought is not the Seagate expansion card, it won't run those games, it'll only store them.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox series x/s games not aloud to be played on different drive other than internal storage

They already do. That is the seagate expansion card

you can move the games to the platter drive for storage.
  6. Renatodibi Win User

I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only recognizes it as media and will not prompt me to format the SSD. Can someone help?

Hi Liam.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I regret to inform you that only dedicated expansion slot-compatible memory can be used for games.

USB-attached memories can only be used as backup storage. There are adapters available on line, but I advice to you to use the memories recommended by Microsoft.

Here the official page about Seegate expansion card
    https://www.xbox.com/accessories/hard-drives/seagate-expansion-card

Kind regards
    Renato
Thema:

1. Seagate expansion memory card moving consoles - Similar Threads - Seagate expansion memory

2. Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the seagate storage expansion card improve textures/graphics for xbox series s games...: Hi there, I'm wondering if the seagate storage expansion card improves textures/graphics for xbox series s games like Tekken 8? Or just for storage? a1ccb64c-11d6-4e0f-a50a-da7f08448f8a
  3. Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X wont detect Seagate expansion card anymore since last update: So, after last nights console update my series x doesnt detect the seagate expansion card anymore. This sucks. Anyone else with this issue? 79cd6954-eca6-4b71-830d-0d3eb21cb5b3
  4. Series S/X Seagate Expansion Card Question

in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X Seagate Expansion Card Question: Hello. I just bought the Seagate 512gb SSD expansion card for my XboxOneSeriesS. Installation process requires no instructions and pretty straight forward, but I'm wondering if I'm missing...
  5. My xbox is not reading my seagate 1tb expansion card how do I fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is not reading my seagate 1tb expansion card how do I fix this: all started when I restarted my xbox 5a2da785-6391-471c-a5d1-b0ec5a325209
  6. How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?: Dashboard>System>Storage devices>Storage Expansion Card>Options given: View contents, move or copy, uninstall content, change how drive is configured, rename, format, set as capture location....
  7. Is there a 500gb seagate expansion card selling in the Microsoft store.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a 500gb seagate expansion card selling in the Microsoft store.: Because everytime I check it’s only 1TB there but when I check in other stores they have them but they’re over priced. Also on the website it said they’re going for around $89.99 but again when I...
  8. Seagate 2tb usb expansion hard drive series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate 2tb usb expansion hard drive series s: I got given a seagate 2tb usb external hard drive and when I've tried to download flight sim on my series s it says it has to be in external storage or storage expansion card, after abit of...
  9. Question about Seagate Storage Expansion Card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Seagate Storage Expansion Card: Let's say I have 30GB left on my Series X internal SSD and need to install a game that takes up 50GB. So I put in a new 1TB Seagate Storage Expansion Card and install the game. Does that expansion...
  10. Resetting Xbox Series X query Seagate expansion card?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Resetting Xbox Series X query Seagate expansion card?: Hi everyone, does it matter resetting an Xbox Series X device with an Ethernet cable and Seagate expansion card for Xbox Series X in the device? Everything seems to be working fine resetting the...