Sea of Thieves refuses to download to alternate folder, but it's the ONLY WAY.

Discus and support Sea of Thieves refuses to download to alternate folder, but it's the ONLY WAY. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to download Sea of Thieves from the xbox app on my PC. Fails to download, displays error code 0x80070005. I tried all the suggested solutions... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Coby Costa, May 6, 2023.

1. Coby Costa
    Coby Costa Guest

Trying to download Sea of Thieves from the xbox app on my PC. Fails to download, displays error code 0x80070005. I tried all the suggested solutions that I found online across many websites (cmd prompt, program shell, windows key + S or R, app settings, restarting, update windows, update apps, update rest of computer). I finally notice the following message just prior to attempting to install again, "This game does not support installation to a specific folder. It will be installed alongside the rest of your Windows apps." So, I have it set to download to my 4TB hard drive and not my main C drive with my operating system. I have it set this way because I don't have 90GB!!!!!!! of free space on my C drive. ALL GAMES download to my alternate drive across all clients. Why is this happening with Microsoft? Is this an error or for real? Am I seriously just out of luck and can't play a game that I own? Please advise of any known solutions. Thank you. -Coby,

:)

Coby Costa, May 6, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Let's try to troubleshoot. Please follow the steps here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

Then please restart your PC and try it again.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Sea Of Thieves Error.

there is not a lot that can be done, sea of thieves is installed in an encrypted folder with no way to access the files, if files are corrupt then a full download maybe needed, have you run a scan disk to make sure the drive is healthy.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

pc gamepass takes double the storage

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today WeptHercules755

Is this happening only with Sea Of Thieves?

Did you check if maybe there is a corrupted folder for Sea of Thieves inside XboxGames or WindowsApps folder on your drive?

If possible please send me an screenshot of the folders inside these two folders

I'll be waiting for your reply
  5. b62752a9-5d0d-49bd-8 Win User

Why does the Xbox app insist on installing multiple installations of games on my C drive without my permission?

Sea of thieves decided to uninstall itself for some reason over night, making it so that I cant play Sea of Thieves today due to the long download time.

If I buy Sea of Thieves on Steam, can I play with the same account as on the xbox app version? That way I wont need to deal with the Xbox app or its version of Sea of Thieves.
  6. LandForGames Win User

Sea of thieves folders

C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Local\Packages

that's the install location for Sea Of Thieves
Thema:

1. Sea of Thieves refuses to download to alternate folder, but it's the ONLY WAY. - Similar Threads - Sea Thieves refuses

2. Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7: Some weeks ago, Sea of Thieves was updated (I presume the update that introduced EasyAntiCheat) to include a launcher, which resulted in the game no longer working correctly. Running SoT through...
  3. Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error: Sea of thieves won't work through steam. I've tried all suggested fixes, re-enabled teredo, updated all my drivers, even set up port forwarding specifically for SOT's steam servers. Disabled VPN,...
  4. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  5. How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?: How to play with Xbox friends?? I'm having an issue playing SOT on steam deck and trying to join an Xbox friend. After wasting a bunch of time trying to get the invite to work in game, I tried...
  6. Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...: I have a Ryzen 3 3100 Gt 1030 2 GB 16 GB RAM Can't install sea of thieves because I have X on system requirements even though I meet all the requirements as I had sea of thieves on my...
  7. How do I find the sea of thieves insider forums?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I find the sea of thieves insider forums?: I hopped into the sea of thieves insiders game version and saw a message at the top that said there was a big announcement on the sea of thieves insiders forums but I can't find the information or...
  8. How to sign in with different account when in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to sign in with different account when in sea of thieves?: I recently got hacked and my old account can no longer be used. Therefore I signed out from the button in-game. but when I tried to log in with a different account nothing happened when i clicked...
  9. Sea of thieves Omen set from Twitch

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of thieves Omen set from Twitch: Hi During the december 2023 giveaways I got myself the sea of thieves Omen set and redeemed it straight away and it even appears in my order history, However I only recently was able to get game...
  10. I cant find Sea of Thieves on the Xbox PC App, even though i have it on Xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant find Sea of Thieves on the Xbox PC App, even though i have it on Xbox.: I have been playing Sea Of Thieves recently with some of my friends on my xbox one s. My other friend, has been playing on his xbox series x. When he got his pc, he logged into the xbox app, and...