Sea of Thieves loosing Xbox Live conection (Cyanbeard)

Discus and support Sea of Thieves loosing Xbox Live conection (Cyanbeard) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, right now, SoT is in no way playable for me as I'm experiencing disconnects from Xbox Live on a random basis making in impossible to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bigbantom, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Bigbantom
    Bigbantom Guest

Hello everyone,

right now, SoT is in no way playable for me as I'm experiencing disconnects from Xbox Live on a random basis making in impossible to do missions or stay in a crew.

Here's my setup:

Gateway: FritzBox 3490 running latest Fritz!OS (DualStack with native ipv4 and ipv6 with DTAG in germany)

Router: Linksys WRT3200ACM running LEDE Reboot 17.01.4

For security and privacy reasons, my XBox one is on it's own vlan. UpnP and Teredo are diasbled for the same security and privacy reasons. Ports as of

https://support.xbox.com/de-DE/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live
    are forwarded from my gateway to the router and from the router to the Xbox. NAT-type is "not available".

here's what i tried by now.

1) Allowing Teredo on my gateway:

- NAT-type changes to open, disconnects keep occuring

2) Allowing Teredo and UPnP on my gateway:

- Nat-type changes to open, Xbox requests port 3455 to be opened, disconnects keep occuring.

3) Disabling IPv6 on the Xbox-vlan to force ipv4 connect and repeating 1) and 2)

- Same as 1) and 2)

4) Plugging the Xbox directly into my gateway and repeating 1) and 2)

- Same as 1) and 2)

5) Seting the Xbox as an exposed host after 4)

-Same as 4)

At first, I thought that tere was an issue with the Xbox not implementing Teredo correctly, as it forces connection via Teredo even with native IPv6 support (as opposed to frc4380) but even with v6 disabled and teredo allowed the problem still reappeared.

Please note, that fully disabling IPv4 on my WAN is not an option as I'm not willing to rebuild my complete LAN infrastructure. Permanently allowing Teredo is no applicable as well as I'm not willing to drill holes in my network security just for one host with
    a faulty Teredo implementation to work properly, same applies to UPnP.

Additionally, none of these steps helped to solve the issue by now.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get rid of the issue without risking major security breachs to my network?

Best regards from germany,

Tom

:)

Bigbantom, Mar 29, 2018
  2. Mad Skull
    Mad Skull Guest
    Disconnected due to inactivity (cyanbeard) but not actually inactive. Please help

AlabasterBeard, AllmondBeard and CyanBeard

• Caused by: Your connection to Xbox Live and/or the Sea of Thieves services has been disrupted or lost. Please check your console's network status via the Settings and Network menu.

Mad Skull, Mar 29, 2018
  3. DiiNooZz
    DiiNooZz Guest
    Sea of Thieves (Cyanbeard) disconecting from Xbox live server every single time that i play

Hello everybody,

everytime i play Sea of Thieves on my PC (Windows 10) i get disconnect from XBOX Live Server with the error Code CYANBEARD. No Infos on the official side of Sea of Thieves, and all the Progress get lost (treasures and co.) and this happens EVERY SINGLE TIME...i
    dont know what to do to fix this. I dont have have any Network issues on other Online games on my PC...My Network Connection is good as well...it has something to do with this game and XBOX live Servers...

DiiNooZz, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Sea of Thieves loosing Xbox Live conection (Cyanbeard)

Greetings and thank you for the info!

To be sure, have you tested the console on another network to ensure nothing is wrong with the console network card?

Have you reached out to your ISP to see if there is something about their system that might create the failed connection?

You have covered most of the bases for networking issues in your testing so we would be inclined to think there may be an issue with the console or your ISP.

Post back and let us know what the results of our suggestions are!

Mister Getafix, Apr 2, 2018
  5. Bigbantom
    Bigbantom Guest
    Hey there, and thank you for your reply

I'll try to move my Xbox to one of my neighbours networks this weekend to see if that changes anything and check with my ISP to see if they know anything about service limitations.

What strikes me is the fact that, with Teredo disabled the Xbox shows a rather poor connection time of about 160ms, while, with Tereod enabled (so multiple protocoal translations/NAT on the way) it drops to about 20ms. Is that something intended by microsoft
    or related to the way how Xbox live works at all?

In the meantime I woul like to set up kind of a small scale monitoring to see if the connection to Xbox live or anything related really drops.

I am monitoring my WAN connectivity as well as client connectivity to my router 24/7 so it would be easy to add checks to analyze the Xbox live/game connectivity.

Is there some sort of a list of servers that need to be reached in order for the service to fully work that you can provide me with? And if so, would you also add information on how this servers should be accessible?

Best regards,

Tom

Bigbantom, Apr 5, 2018
  6. We would definitely be interested in any info you gather for connection issues if you don't mind providing that info once you collect it.

As far as server connections, that would depend on your physical location and region and unfortunately we would not have a server list here at community support.

Let us know how the new network and ISP tests go!

Mister Getafix, Apr 6, 2018
  7. Bigbantom
    Bigbantom Guest
    So here's an update on the first tests I managed to do last weekend.

1) Moved the XBox to another network with a different ISP in the same region (Teredo state unknown but assumed to be allowed, UPnP enabled).

-> No change of XBL/game behaviour

2) Moved the XBox to another network with the same ISP as in 2) with both Teredo allowed and blocked in two different tests and UPnP enbabled every time, but approx 150km (~93 miles) away, so with a high chance of different carrier grade routing

3) Moved the XBox to one of my companies IPv4-only testlabs with Teredo blocked, UPnP disabled and only Ports 3047 (TCP/UDP), 3544 (UDP) and 4500 (UDP) forwarded to the system

-> No disconnect for the duration of the 3 hrs test session.

So I assume that there really is an issue with how the game or XBL connects with the servers here in Germany and that native IPv6 somehow interferes with this connection. As further investigation has to be performed on this I am currently modifying my routers
    log-configuration to allow for full traffic dumps and in depth connection analysis to see what endpoints XBL/the game wants to connect to and perform connection monitoring especially for those endpoints.

The support guys at my ISP said that they are not actively blocking connections to XBL or other Microsoft services but offered for a quick routing test if I manage to provide a list of possible endpoints. As opposed to this, the ppl. over at Rare are unfortunately
    not very supportive on this issue so it seems that it's up to us to solve a problem that, at the moment, is very likely to be on their end.

Bigbantom, Apr 11, 2018
  8. Sea of Thieves loosing Xbox Live conection (Cyanbeard)

Thank you for the update!

Out of curiosity did you by chance try SOT on another console as well to see if the results were the same?

This could also be an issue with a corrupt file on the console side not properly reading. You might try a

soft factory reset
    by selecting keep my games and apps on step seven.

Additionally, it is also possible that the SOT devs are working on fixes for this issue as we do know they have rolled out another deployment update. A good place to check and see if they are actively working on networking or other
    in-game issues is their
    News Status site
    . They have been good about posting info for currently tracked issues.

Do you by chance have a Windows 10 PC with the Xbox app on it? Do you see Teredo errors and NAT failure in the apps network settings?

If you do not we would lean more towards the console being the issue as they have very similar setups for how they communicate with the network and outside of the network.

Mister Getafix, Nov 2, 2018
  9. Mister Getafix Win User

I'll try to move my Xbox to one of my neighbours networks this weekend to see if that changes anything and check with my ISP to see if they know anything about service limitations.

What strikes me is the fact that, with Teredo disabled the Xbox shows a rather poor connection time of about 160ms, while, with Tereod enabled (so multiple protocoal translations/NAT on the way) it drops to about 20ms. Is that something intended by microsoft

In the meantime I woul like to set up kind of a small scale monitoring to see if the connection to Xbox live or anything related really drops.

I am monitoring my WAN connectivity as well as client connectivity to my router 24/7 so it would be easy to add checks to analyze the Xbox live/game connectivity.

Is there some sort of a list of servers that need to be reached in order for the service to fully work that you can provide me with? And if so, would you also add information on how this servers should be accessible?

Best regards,

Tom
    We would definitely be interested in any info you gather for connection issues if you don't mind providing that info once you collect it.

As far as server connections, that would depend on your physical location and region and unfortunately we would not have a server list here at community support.

10. Bigbantom Win User

We would definitely be interested in any info you gather for connection issues if you don't mind providing that info once you collect it.

1) Moved the XBox to another network with a different ISP in the same region (Teredo state unknown but assumed to be allowed, UPnP enabled).

2) Moved the XBox to another network with the same ISP as in 2) with both Teredo allowed and blocked in two different tests and UPnP enbabled every time, but approx 150km (~93 miles) away, so with a high chance of different carrier grade routing

3) Moved the XBox to one of my companies IPv4-only testlabs with Teredo blocked, UPnP disabled and only Ports 3047 (TCP/UDP), 3544 (UDP) and 4500 (UDP) forwarded to the system

So I assume that there really is an issue with how the game or XBL connects with the servers here in Germany and that native IPv6 somehow interferes with this connection. As further investigation has to be performed on this I am currently modifying my routers
    log-configuration to allow for full traffic dumps and in depth connection analysis to see what endpoints XBL/the game wants to connect to and perform connection monitoring especially for those endpoints.

The support guys at my ISP said that they are not actively blocking connections to XBL or other Microsoft services but offered for a quick routing test if I manage to provide a list of possible endpoints. As opposed to this, the ppl. over at Rare are unfortunately
    not very supportive on this issue so it seems that it's up to us to solve a problem that, at the moment, is very likely to be on their end.
  11. Mister Getafix Win User

Greetings and thank you for the info!

To be sure, have you tested the console on another network to ensure nothing is wrong with the console network card?

Have you reached out to your ISP to see if there is something about their system that might create the failed connection?

You have covered most of the bases for networking issues in your testing so we would be inclined to think there may be an issue with the console or your ISP.

Post back and let us know what the results of our suggestions are!
  12. Mister Getafix Win User

Thank you for the update!

Out of curiosity did you by chance try SOT on another console as well to see if the results were the same?

This could also be an issue with a corrupt file on the console side not properly reading. You might try a

soft factory reset
    by selecting keep my games and apps on step seven.

Additionally, it is also possible that the SOT devs are working on fixes for this issue as we do know they have rolled out another deployment update. A good place to check and see if they are actively working on networking or other
    in-game issues is their
    News Status site
    . They have been good about posting info for currently tracked issues.

Do you by chance have a Windows 10 PC with the Xbox app on it? Do you see Teredo errors and NAT failure in the apps network settings?

If you do not we would lean more towards the console being the issue as they have very similar setups for how they communicate with the network and outside of the network.
  13. Bigbantom Win User

Best regards,

Tom
Thema:

1. Sea of Thieves loosing Xbox Live conection (Cyanbeard) - Similar Threads - Sea Thieves loosing

2. Sea of thieves vanished from my library

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of thieves vanished from my library: So basically i used to play sot with my friends but stopped for quite a long periode of time, when i tried to play it again recently it asked me to do an update which is normal. But for some...
  3. Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.: Hi, operating on Windows 11 and I used to play SOT 1-2 years ago through Steam and now I'm getting the "You must be signed in to the Xbox network to play Sea of Thieves. Please sign in and try...
  4. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  5. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  6. Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7: Some weeks ago, Sea of Thieves was updated (I presume the update that introduced EasyAntiCheat) to include a launcher, which resulted in the game no longer working correctly. Running SoT through...
  7. Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error: Sea of thieves won't work through steam. I've tried all suggested fixes, re-enabled teredo, updated all my drivers, even set up port forwarding specifically for SOT's steam servers. Disabled VPN,...
  8. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  9. How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I play Sea of Thieves with Xbox friends from steam deck?: How to play with Xbox friends?? I'm having an issue playing SOT on steam deck and trying to join an Xbox friend. After wasting a bunch of time trying to get the invite to work in game, I tried...
  10. Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install sea of thieves as I have a red x on the system requirements even though I...: I have a Ryzen 3 3100 Gt 1030 2 GB 16 GB RAM Can't install sea of thieves because I have X on system requirements even though I meet all the requirements as I had sea of thieves on my...