Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition disappeared + my birthdate got set wrong

Discus and support Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition disappeared + my birthdate got set wrong in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This seems to be a two pronged issue: A little over three years ago I purchased Sea of Thieves. I am not 100% sure, but I think that was also the time... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jan Lohmann, Jul 14, 2023.

1. Jan Lohmann
    Jan Lohmann Guest

This seems to be a two pronged issue: A little over three years ago I purchased Sea of Thieves. I am not 100% sure, but I think that was also the time I set up a Microsoft account, as I never had a reason to use one before. I also never had a reason to use one after (until between March and May this year, when I played games on an Xbox of a friend of mine and signed up there to have my own progresses saved), except for playing Sea of Thieves, why I am sure this is the account I used back then, in a period I played the game again a little while ago, and wanted to use it again now. Unfortunately the game just disappeared from my Microsoft account, I can´t find it in the store and can´t install it anymore. While searching for it in my account I also realized my birthdate is set to xx.xx.2019, which is 31 years younger than I actually am. As I read on the Sea of Thieves Website that one needs to have a Microsoft account with a legal age over 18 I have a feeling this is why the game got removed from my account. I still have the Paypal receipt of my purchase of Sea of Thieves and unfortunately no clue as to how to get to play the game again like this and would be very appreciative of your help. Thank you.

:)

Jan Lohmann, Jul 14, 2023
  2. Jan Lohmann Win User

I am sorry for having wasted your time, I have figured out my mistake, please close this request. I will still have to figure out how to change the birthdate in my Microsoft account, but that is not a concern for today.
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for your response and no worries, it's a pleasure to assist you with your concern!

If you don't mind me extending my helping hand, you can check out this link on how to change your birthdate on your Microsoft account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil....

If you don't have any more questions, feel free to choose a rating, and have a great day!
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Jan!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your game Sea of Thieves. I am here to help.

It is not possible to remove a game license from a Microsoft account due to the account's birthdate being a child account.

NOTE: A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation.

Your game Sea of Thieves must have been purchased from a different account which explains the different registered birthdate of the account. To confirm this, kindly sign in to your account on account.microsoft.com > Payment and Billing > Order History.

From there, check if you can find the order transaction for the game.

If you haven't found them, check your other accounts' Order History for the transaction.

If you have found the transaction, use the same account to sign in and install the game Sea of Thieves.
  5. DevikM Win User

Xbox game pass

I think it is because you are trying to download Sea of thieves instead of the anniversary edition.

Try this:

Open the Microsoft Store(No the gamepass app), then search for Sea of thieves: Anniversary Edition and try to download that.
  6. BULLD0ZER_E Win User

Games on Windows 10

I own the anniversary edition of Sea of Thieves and that version is Play anywhere
Thema:

1. Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition disappeared + my birthdate got set wrong - Similar Threads - Sea Thieves Anniversary

2. how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to adjust gamepad sensitivity in sea of thieves?: Hello, I've been playing Sea of Thieves on the xbox console for a long time, but I always didn't like the sensitivity of the gamepad while playing. when you have pvp with a person playing on a PC,...
  3. Sea of thieves insider confusion

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of thieves insider confusion: So getting back into the insider after awhile I was able to play the insider years ago and the website still says I'm in it but whenever I load into the game I get a error saying I'm not in the...
  4. How do I sign in to sea of thieves on ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I sign in to sea of thieves on ps5: It does not give me direct information on the game how To c4e1ce3d-c636-41c4-851c-7558da2a49bc
  5. Microsoft store stuck on pending and downloading 0% when downloading Sea of Thieves.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store stuck on pending and downloading 0% when downloading Sea of Thieves.: So i want to download sea of thieves on the microsoft store but when i click install it is stuck on pending and downloading 0% and keeps switching from those states. It says the same from the...
  6. Sea of thieves vanished from my library

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of thieves vanished from my library: So basically i used to play sot with my friends but stopped for quite a long periode of time, when i tried to play it again recently it asked me to do an update which is normal. But for some...
  7. Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.: Hi, operating on Windows 11 and I used to play SOT 1-2 years ago through Steam and now I'm getting the "You must be signed in to the Xbox network to play Sea of Thieves. Please sign in and try...
  8. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  9. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  10. Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7: Some weeks ago, Sea of Thieves was updated (I presume the update that introduced EasyAntiCheat) to include a launcher, which resulted in the game no longer working correctly. Running SoT through...