Screenshots aren’t registering and clips are just green

Discus and support Screenshots aren’t registering and clips are just green in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; As the title says, I’m hoping to get some help! So this started happening the other day, but sometimes my screenshots don’t even register as being... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/sweedish_phish56, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Screenshots aren’t registering and clips are just green

As the title says, I’m hoping to get some help! So this started happening the other day, but sometimes my screenshots don’t even register as being taken and my clips are just… green screens. Anyone else have this problem?

submitted by /u/sweedish_phish56
    [link] [comments]

/u/sweedish_phish56, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Amanda G1 Win User

Only some captures showing up in Xbox App

Still didn’t change anything. I might just have to upload the clips to OneDrive from my console and go from there since my older clips aren’t showing up in the xbox app.
  3. Diego Andrés Salgad Win User

Sorry, this can't be shared because we don't recognize this game. Windows 10 DVR

This also happened to me, seconds ago. I can share clips, but I can't share screenshots. Clips are recognized as belonging to Just Cause 3, but screenshots show as "unknown".
  4. Krisander 1998 Win User

error code 0x87c40156

This Error Code means that you have to many Clips/Screenshots uploaded to Xbox Live and Xbox DVR fails to load them all, so you need to ether remove some Clips/Screenshots from Xbox Live (Those Clips/Screenshots will still be on your Console, just not on
    Xbox Live for anyone to see) and if that doesn't fix the DVR Error then you have to delete some Clips/Screenshots completely both from Console and Xbox Live to fix this DVR Error so Xbox DVR will be able to load your Clips/Screenshots about For Honor and other
    games.
  5. Wizardly Win User

Activity feed

Ok, I just removed my profile off my console and it is still not showing my older clips & screenshots. If I add someone it will remove the very bottom screenshot/clip.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

I cant upload gaming clips to the xbox app homepage

Hello Fire,

Thanks for coming to the Xbox forums. We understand having issues uploading videos. You can take a look at the page for

edit and share game clips

Game clips (under 30 minutes long) and screenshots of popular PC games and any game available through the Microsoft Store can be shared to Xbox Live. They aren’t automatically uploaded from Windows 10.

1. In the Xbox Console Companion app, select
      Captures
    2. Select On Xbox Live.
    3. Select the game clip or screenshot you want to share.
    4. Select Share, and then choose where you want to share it.
    Hope this helps.

Brad
Thema:

Screenshots aren’t registering and clips are just green

1. Screenshots aren’t registering and clips are just green - Similar Threads - Screenshots aren’t registering

2. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...
  3. How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?: I have an arcade stick that would normally have a button that would be assigned to PS touchpad and is pretty easy to accidentally press in certain games. The problem is that when it is connected...
  4. Xbox controller screenshot problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller screenshot problem: Hey guys! I have a problem with the screenshots. If I connect my xbox controller with the USB cable to the PC and press the button to take the screenshots it works. But if I connect the controller...
  5. Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a capture (screenshot) limit, and can I restore captures that were automatically...: I am playing on Xbox One and have been taking many captures (screenshots) to document some things about the game, as well as for my own collection. However, it seems I've reached a very low limit...
  6. How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I format my Seagate expansion card for clips and screenshots?: Dashboard>System>Storage devices>Storage Expansion Card>Options given: View contents, move or copy, uninstall content, change how drive is configured, rename, format, set as capture location....
  7. Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Series X won’t upload Screenshots to OneDrive: I can’t upload screenshots to OneDrive but clips upload perfectly. I have used 35GB/150GB so space is not a issue. I have tried Hard reseting my Xbox and doing a factory reset. I have tried...
  8. Can I see my screenshots I take in game anywhere on my PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I see my screenshots I take in game anywhere on my PC?: I take a ton of screenshots on my Xbox and I was wondering if I could find them online anywhere so save them to my hard drive? 7355362d-c6a3-4a69-979f-e7f040cfff8b
  9. Why don't my screenshots on Xbox One upload to OneDrive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why don't my screenshots on Xbox One upload to OneDrive?: When I try to upload my screenshot, I get a pop up saying "Sorry, something went wrong when uploading this clip to OneDrive." This happens every time I try to upload a screenshot or clip to...
  10. Game Clip/ Screenshot upload to OneDrive failed, but I’m not uploading anything to Onedrive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Clip/ Screenshot upload to OneDrive failed, but I’m not uploading anything to Onedrive?: This is a pretty new bug, glitch, something of the sort, that’s been happening to me. It started around three days ago, including today (so from November 19-21st, 2023). I chose to turn off...