Screen went black during update

Discus and support Screen went black during update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; during latest update my screen went black won't. Start up. Tried getting to trouble shoot page nothing. Tried starting in low resolution nothing.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamesFrahm1, May 3, 2021.

1. JamesFrahm1
    JamesFrahm1 Guest

during latest update my screen went black won't. Start up. Tried getting to trouble shoot page nothing. Tried starting in low resolution nothing. Warranty expired but was the update that did it why should I be responsible for repairs ?

:)

JamesFrahm1, May 3, 2021
  2. JamesFrahm1 Win User

Finally able to get to trouble shooting page using thumb drive Thanx for your help
  3. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello @JamesFrahm1, I hope everything is going well for you!

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe your console will need reset in order to refresh the system. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple troubleshooting steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

Please click on the link below and follow those steps:

Xbox Support

If this does not resolve your issue, please try to change your HDMI cable and use a different one.

You could also try to use a different TV if you have a different just to make sure that the issue is not with your TV.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming
  4. xStarscream73x Win User

Black Screen of Death

Same here, black screen arrived during the update. Is there a way to remove the update?
  5. Rum Geoff Win User

What problems have you ran into so far?

I was playing Heroes mode yesterday and after I got killed and during the respawn, my screen went black freezing my console.
  6. BCOYLE21 Win User

My Xbox One is Bricked!

Yes, the black screen. My tv shows I have something in the hdmi slot and when you turn the power on the xbox you see you tv go to a black screen and you have no sound control or anything. I left it on the green screen for 10-15 minutes during first set up
    and it went to a fuzz screen then black. Now just black every time you turn it on. So disappointed. But of all else fails I'm getting a new one from GameStop Sunday. If anyone hears something new please update here.
Thema:

1. Screen went black during update - Similar Threads - Screen went black

2. I spilled some water near the Xbox and water went under it and now I have a green screen of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilled some water near the Xbox and water went under it and now I have a green screen of...: How do I fix this pls help I'm nervous something is going to happen 7f444cdc-e355-4d54-8ecd-b59c94cfa48b
  3. Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried running a game from xcloud on my pc, the screen went black and it lost connection to...: I tried hard resetting several times, changing the hdmi ports/cables nothing works. Now my pc no longer connects to anything!!! My pc cost me $2000 HELP??!! 26e19f87-ded9-4284-a233-36f09ddbaf50
  4. My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one screen went stringy, the screen has black lines spanning vertically and...: I just turned on my xbox one in the morning and it became like this? I haven't dropped / hit it I just used it 10 hrs ago and it was working fine I have tried a new cable and a new port but it...
  5. My Xbox one went black screen The TV still works fine though

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one went black screen The TV still works fine though: Got home from work this morning and turned on my Xbox one to play a video game I started playing the game and it was like I had a black out occurred but it was just my screen I unplugged...
  6. Grey/Black Screen that went away, and then came back.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grey/Black Screen that went away, and then came back.: Hi, all. So, I've had my device for a while now, (since fall of 2015,) so if it's dead or dying, I'm not exactly shocked. If it can be saved, though, I'm hopeful. On Saturday, (2nd of May) I...
  7. After reverting to the non-insider OS update, the screen went black and the light is...

in XboX Insiders
    After reverting to the non-insider OS update, the screen went black and the light is...: I left the preview build of the OS, and then went to update to leave the preview build, it was updating and everything was normal but the screen shut off and around 80 percent and now the light on...
  8. Restarted xbox screen went black and never restarted so I unplugged...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Restarted xbox screen went black and never restarted so I unplugged...: I went to play a game & it said it took too long to start multiple times & with multiple games so I pressed restart xbox & the screen went black and it didn’t restart at all so I unplugged the...
  9. screen freezing when instaling disk then went black after a 20 or so seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    screen freezing when instaling disk then went black after a 20 or so seconds: hey so i recently got my xbox one x and first time instaling disks so i installed 3 xbox 360 disks no problem then i put in black ops 3 a xbox one disk it started to download and a update poped up...
  10. My Xbox went to a black screen after gsod, and then it turns off by itself. what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox went to a black screen after gsod, and then it turns off by itself. what do I do?: It has been a few weeks since this happened, it looks like I have this thing called the ''Green Screen of Death'' or GSOD for short. but ive heard that people get an error code after a couple of...