Screen turns black after turning on 120hz ( Xbox Series S

Discus and support Screen turns black after turning on 120hz ( Xbox Series S in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an 144hz monitor it normaly worked but now when I turn on my xbox it shows a black screen 3fc3c52c-1133-4c52-aff0-59cf8d143478 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jayden Lourens, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Screen turns black after turning on 120hz ( Xbox Series S

I have an 144hz monitor it normaly worked but now when I turn on my xbox it shows a black screen

:)

Jayden Lourens, Feb 13, 2023
  2. Jayden Lourens Win User

When I get into the troubleshoot menu my xbox immediately turns off I dont even have a chance to turn on my controller
  3. John P_14 Win User

I'm sorry to hear that. Kindly try these;

1. Make sure that your TV or monitor supports 120hz. Not all displays support this refresh rate, so it's important to check first.

2. Make sure that you are using a high-speed HDMI cable that supports 120hz. A standard HDMI cable may not be able to handle the increased bandwidth required for this refresh rate.

3. Check your Xbox Series S settings. Make sure that your console is set to output at 120hz. You can do this by going to Settings > General > TV & display options > Video modes.

4. Try restarting your Xbox Series S and your display. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix issues like this.

5. If none of the above steps work, there may be an issue with your Xbox Series S or your display.
  4. John P_14 Win User

I'm sorry to hear that. Kindly try and check the following;

Confirm that both your TV and console are turned on

Check that your TV is set to the correct input signal (HDMI)

Check that the HDMI cable connections to your console and to your TV are secure

Confirm that the HDMI cable is connected to the "out to TV" port on the console

Plug the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your TV

Use a different HDMI cable to connect your console to your TV

Connect your console to a different TV

Power cycle your console by pressing and holding the Power button for 10 seconds to turn off the console, and then turning it on again
  5. Jayden Lourens Win User

Its like 60hz works but when i put on 120hz it goes black screen
  6. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Kindly try the steps below and see if it helps.

-Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection then power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

-Wait 30 seconds.

-Plug the power cord back in.

-Press and hold the BIND button (the one used to sync controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox Power button on the console.

-Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds and listen for two power-up tones a couple of seconds apart.

NOTE: If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, press and hold the Xbox button and the Pair button instead, as your console doesn’t have an Eject button.

-Once you hear the 2nd tones please release the button.

-If this is successful the Xbox will turn on and should start and show the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. On the Troubleshooter page, please select Reset this Xbox and then choose "Keep games and apps".
Thema:

1. Screen turns black after turning on 120hz ( Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Screen turns black

2. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  3. Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?: So i have a KOORUI 24 inch 165 hz monitor I had just recently bought and everything has been perfect, it was great up until now. I have both and xbox and a pc and the monitor does not work on...
  4. My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it: My Xbox turned on to the loading screen it’s green about three minutes later it turns black how can I fix that ed758c99-f9d4-43fe-8b08-b304a456a3e4
  5. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  6. When I go to play some games when it loads my screen turns black and everything even the ui...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go to play some games when it loads my screen turns black and everything even the ui...: When I go to play games my screen will go black and things will be more gray than usual but it's only for some games c1461ca9-ecee-4ba9-988f-3c763490d90b
  7. Laptop screen turns black and the whole device freezes after launching Valorant

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Laptop screen turns black and the whole device freezes after launching Valorant: My device screen turns black after launching Valorant. Not only that, it freezes my whole system too which is why I have to hold power button to shut down the laptop. I tried uninstalling and then...
  8. Why does screen turn black except for the health bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does screen turn black except for the health bar: Just all of a sudden about couple weeks ago went to play Jedi Fallen Order and it goes to main menu like normal but when I did to continue it went to where I last left off and showed a little bit...
  9. I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I restarted my Xbox and accidentally turned it off and don’t now my screen is all black and...: I restarted my xbox and accidentally turned it off and now when I click on the off Byron it stays on and my screen is black if anyone can help that would be great...
  10. My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...: Idk what to do I've used 2 tvs and restarted and Googled what to do but I can't get it to stop for good 5b917a13-d3a5-43cc-83f5-bcef813eccc1