Screen time on adult profile? Or swap controllers?

Discus and support Screen time on adult profile? Or swap controllers? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi All, hoping to lean on the community’s wisdom. My son uses my husband’s Xbox controller because it is connected to his (son’s) profile on certain... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Squeakinator, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Squeakinator
    Squeakinator Guest

Hi All, hoping to lean on the community’s wisdom. My son uses my husband’s Xbox controller because it is connected to his (son’s) profile on certain games. (not sure how we got ourselves into that situation) Since the controller itself is attached to an adult account we can’t set a screen time limit for him, from what I can tell. I’m wondering two things:

1. Is it possible to set a screen time limit on an adult account?

2. Is it possible to swap the controller that is attached to a profile? My son doesn’t want to switch the controller he uses because he doesn’t want to lose the progress/points/etc he has in his games. I’m hoping we can somehow change the controller settings to be able to set a screen time limit.

Thanks for any assistance or ideas you can offer!

:)

Squeakinator, Mar 26, 2022
  2. LesO'Neill Win User

So is there any way to see on screen time for adult accounts that are't listed as part of family group
  3. Smwutches Win User

1. No.

2. Controllers aren't attached to profiles. If he has a preference of controller, he would be able to just sign into his own account and use the same controller. But if he were to switch to using his own profile, nothing from your husband's account can be transferred to his account. So he would either need to continue using your husband's account without limits, or start over on his own child account so he can have a time limit.
  4. Misses Joust Win User

Controller Player indicator?

With Xbox One, there is no 'player 1' or 'player 2' until you start a game and designate each player into a slot. On the home screen, anyone can take control through Kinect's recognition abilities and be the 'dominant' profile, even if controllers are swapped.
    As such, the controllers don't indicate those player slots because the controllers can be changed at any time.
  5. xenomorph v1 Win User

do you guys really think that xbox will make kinect will be optional

I believe that sensor is for some additional controlling such as split screen side swapping and motion "enhancement" but is it 100% essential 100% of the time? If it is, please provide source.
  6. MattyMidway Win User

if my controller dies during an online game and I reconnect with a fully charged 1 and keep playing

The controller is assigned to the gamer profile when you start the console and sign in. If that controller dies and you grab the other one, the console can't assign it because your profile already has a controller assigned to it. IE: only one controller
    can be assigned to each gamer profile at a time. So, your best bet (when a controller should die, that is) just swap the battery packs instead of the controller all together. It saves a bunch of time and you don't have to mess around with controller reassignment.

Another option, if your controller dies mid game, just wire it in until the match is over. Then, you can safely swap controllers or battery packs without killing your K/D... if its FPS your playing, anyway. Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Screen time on adult profile? Or swap controllers? - Similar Threads - Screen adult profile

2. Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console

in XboX Insiders
    Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console: I was getting stuck at the green Xbox screen. I did a factory reset and now it's stuck on the black screen. How do I fix this? Please and thank you. submitted by /u/uvasag [link] [comments]
  3. Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family: I recently turned 18 and still have screen time restrictions on my microsoft account is there a way i can turn it off as an adult in the family or do i need to be an organiser...
  4. screen time limits for adult users

in XBoX Games and Apps
    screen time limits for adult users: I see many posters from users asking for a way to have screen time limits for adult accounts but no replies from Microsoft as to whether this is something that might be achieved?? I am definitely...
  5. Daily Screen time statistics for adult accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Daily Screen time statistics for adult accounts?: Does anybody know if Microsoft have any plans to provide adult users statistics about their daily screen time per game? Either in Xbox itself, Microsoft/ Xbox account or in some app? As they...
  6. Xbox Screen Time Report - Adult account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Screen Time Report - Adult account: I know it is not possible to set screen time limits for an Adult account - however, is it possible to just see screen time or get a screen time report for an Adult account?...
  7. Einschränkung Bildschirmzeit für Erwachsenenkonto (Restriction screen time for adult account)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Einschränkung Bildschirmzeit für Erwachsenenkonto (Restriction screen time for adult account): Hi, wir besitzen seit einiger Zeit eine Xboc One und haben uns dort der Einfachheit halber mit einem für einen PC schon bestehenden MS-(Erwachsenen)konto angemeldet. Hauptsächlich spielt damit...
  8. Family- setting screen time on adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family- setting screen time on adult account: We have family account but sadly the x box account is in my name (adult).it appears I can only set screen time/parental controls on the child account. Can I set screen time limits on the xbox...
  9. Screen timer for Adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen timer for Adult account: how to set screen time on my adult account c0fa72a3-fa04-46fe-b835-c4a36eaf5599
  10. Adult account screen time limit?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adult account screen time limit?: Hello- Hope this is the proper place to ask this question. I'm trying to figure out if I can set screen time limits on the adult account? When we first bought the xbox one s, I didnt realize...