Screen time limitations and school

Discus and support Screen time limitations and school in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have seen this question posed elsewhere in these forums, but the thread was locked after a couple of years of Microsoft not giving any helpful input... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by caseyjtaylor, Jan 23, 2022.

1. caseyjtaylor
    caseyjtaylor Guest

I have seen this question posed elsewhere in these forums, but the thread was locked after a couple of years of Microsoft not giving any helpful input and lots of other parents complaining about the same lack of functionality from Microsoft Family Safety. I'm wondering if Microsoft has otherwise addressed this since then since I cannot seem to find anything else useful.

Essentially, I want to create a screentime schedule where my children can use their laptops during the school day to access productivity software and education related websites, but I want to block certain websites, games, and apps during this time. Norton Family does have a school time feature that allows me this sort of flexibility, but only works on the phones and computers, not the X-Box. Later in the day, I would like them to have full access to games during a set time with certain screentime limits that the school time does not impact. For instance, if I wanted to set a 2-hour screentime limit for school nights, I would not want the four hours they spent on the computer at school to take away from that evening limit.

Based on what I've seen so far, I'm not optimistic that Microsoft has a reasonable solution, or is even interested in creating a reasonable solution, so I'm also very interested in other means of accomplishing the same thing or similar.

:)

caseyjtaylor, Jan 23, 2022
  2. caseyjtaylor Win User

Thank you for pointing me to Google for an answer I already have. I already use Family Group and have set screentime limits, but the basis of my inquiry is to find a way to limit non-school activities during school time but not allow school time to decrement from screentime allotments for play time.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Unfortunately that feature isn't available yet on the Microsoft platform
  4. caseyjtaylor Win User

No, I'm already familiar with how to set screentime limits across devices, but I want to set specific schedules where certain apps are blocked during school time (i.e. Roblox), and that school time does not decrement from playtime limits and that Roblox (and others) then becomes available during playtime.
  5. Goth Vampirella Win User

First, I don't work for Microsoft. These are just forums but with that said, I just googled the question you asked and got this...

https://www.howtogeek.com/672818/ho...to the,this account can play for on that day. Link

Microsoft is working hard to enure that parents have easy access to user-friendly tools, which can control all the various aspects that make up our digital lives. With Microsoft Family Group, you can easily set a healthier schedule for when certain accounts in your group can use the Xbox One and for how long. To access these settings, open any browser, and navigate to the Microsoft Family Group website.

First, you’ll want to create a Family Group, which you can do either through this website or on your Windows 10 PC. Next, from the main page of your Microsoft Family Group, scroll down to the family member for whom you wish to regulate screen time. Click “Screen Time.”

There was a lot more on the page but I suggest using google. It's amazing. :p
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Thema:

1. Screen time limitations and school - Similar Threads - Screen limitations school

2. Screen time limits on Xbox not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen time limits on Xbox not working: Screen time limits through family safety have suddenly stopped working. My son is able to play whenever and for however long he likes, last night I caught him playing at 4 am! I’ve checked all the...
  3. Game screen Evil Within goes beyond the limits of my monitor

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game screen Evil Within goes beyond the limits of my monitor: It is easy to fix if you set scaling to 100 percent, but then to use windows is unrealistic, and to change this parament every time you enter the game and after leaving it is very inconvenient....
  4. Can we please add the ability to set a screen time limit on the organizer account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we please add the ability to set a screen time limit on the organizer account?: Without the ability to set an organizer account time limit, there are workarounds to screen time and I’m sure there are some adults who could benefit from this as well, just like we do with apple...
  5. Screen time limits on Xbox not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen time limits on Xbox not working: Screen time limits through family safety have suddenly stopped working. My son is able to play whenever and for however long he likes, last night I caught him playing at 4 am! I’ve checked all the...
  6. How do I fix "disconnected from cloud gaming session, you've got your screen time limit."?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix "disconnected from cloud gaming session, you've got your screen time limit."?: Every time that I try and load into any game with cloud gaming on my Xbox, it just comes up with "disconnected from cloud gaming session, you've hit your screen time limit." And I don't know how...
  7. Xbox family screen limit not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox family screen limit not working: Screen time not working on Xbox family. When I originally set this up it worked well to limit my sons play time but is no longer working. f9560263-b71a-40ee-8507-92d0aa178929
  8. Set a Screen Time limit on a primary account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Set a Screen Time limit on a primary account?: Years ago I made the mistake of allowing my child to start using the Xbox without making a separate account for him. He had access to my saved games and I was kind of done playing the Xbox at that...
  9. XBOX Screen time limit

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Screen time limit: My son uses my email on his Xbox account. Is there a way to set a screen limit on all users not just children - i.e. the family lead? 87df8747-9a9f-480e-a4f3-4b94ab57d5bb
  10. Screen Time Limit

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen Time Limit: Xbox Parental Lock I have a single Xbox Series X, and I want to be able to limit how much time my child spends playing games, but be able to play whenever I want myself. When I put a passcode on...