Screen tearing with Windows 10 Xbox app

Discus and support Screen tearing with Windows 10 Xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently started using the Xbox app on Windows 10 in order to stream games from my Xbox One and Streamlabs on my PC. All of my games run... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SwiftieLover13, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Screen tearing with Windows 10 Xbox app

I have recently started using the Xbox app on Windows 10 in order to stream games from my Xbox One and Streamlabs on my PC. All of my games run smoothly on console, but have constant and highly noticeable screen tearing when viewing from the Xbox app, which impacts the quality of my streams.

Turning Game Mode on or off from my TV has not helped, and the only General Video Mode I can set from my console is to allow or disallow 24Hz.

:)

SwiftieLover13, Oct 20, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SwiftieLover13, streaming between the controller and the PC uses only resources from your home network.

Ideal for a more stable transmission between the console and the PC is that both are connected by network cable to your router modem.

And also check that there are no other devices using Apps like Netflix etc.
  3. David Wirsching Win User

Screen Tearing in Xbox App on Windows 11

Hello MikeTSM, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you're experiencing screen tearing and video glitches while using the Xbox app on Windows 11, there are a few steps you can take to address the issue:

Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause display issues. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA in this case) and download the latest drivers for your RTX 2060.

Adjust V-Sync Settings: Screen tearing can often be mitigated by enabling vertical synchronization (V-Sync) in the graphics settings. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel (right-click on the desktop and select "NVIDIA Control Panel") and navigate to the 3D settings. Enable V-Sync to synchronize the frame rate and refresh rate, which can help reduce screen tearing.

Check Game and Display Settings: Verify that the game (Starfield) and your Samsung G5 gaming monitor are set to the correct display settings. Ensure that the game's graphics settings match your monitor's capabilities (refresh rate, resolution, etc.).

Disable Game Mode in Windows: Windows 11 has a built-in Game Mode that can sometimes interfere with game performance. Try disabling Game Mode by going to Settings > Gaming > Game Mode and toggling it off.

Monitor Refresh Rate: Confirm that your monitor is set to its native refresh rate. Right-click on the desktop, select "Display settings," scroll down to "Advanced display settings," and ensure the refresh rate is correctly set to the maximum supported by your monitor.

Test Other Games or Apps: Determine whether the screen tearing issue is specific to Starfield or if it occurs with other games or apps in the Xbox app. This can help identify if the problem is game-specific or more generalized.

Best regards.
  4. Mr daffypyle Win User

xbox screen recorder on windows.

Windows 10 has a native feature that lets you record a video clip -- of up to 2 hours -- of your screen. But you may not have noticed this feature, because it's hidden away inside the Xbox app.

Windows 10's
  5. Primenay Win User

Screen tearing dashboard

The tearing is shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPtVWPmp6Tw

@4:34 of of video and @4:47 the screen tearing happens on the edge of the xbox guide window as it opens or closes or when moving between tabs
  6. Mounter81 Win User

Cloud Gaming on Windows 10 PC is unplayable with constant screen tearing.

I don't have such a device. Only my Windows 10 PC (not laptop). And as I have wrote the Cloud Gaming was playable for me previously through the XBOX app, with insignificant graphic glitches sometime, like this screen tearing, but overall much more satisfying and playable for a good 2 weeks (during my first subscription period). It only started to be unplayable like a week ago, but it is costant and heavily perceptible now.
Thema:

1. Screen tearing with Windows 10 Xbox app - Similar Threads - Screen tearing Windows

2. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  3. Screen tearing Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen tearing Xbox Series X: Hello. If I turn in Xbox menu allow low latency mode and in TV Metz 120Hz with HDMI 2.1 (the TV has no Freesync function) I turn on ALLM too, I get screen tearing in all games. If I turn off ALLM...
  4. Remote play on Xbox one through a gaming laptop has screen tearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play on Xbox one through a gaming laptop has screen tearing: I have recently tried to start using Xbox remote play and cloud play. The main issue is remote play. Remote play runs almost smoothly but it has MASSIVE screen tearing. And cloud play loads...
  5. Screen Tearing in Xbox App on Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Screen Tearing in Xbox App on Windows 11: Hi, There is significant screen tearing while using the Xbox app. I am running it on Windows 11, with a Samsung G5 gaming monitor, RTX 2060, 1000mbps wired connection. The video is glitchy...
  6. will xcloud have less screen tear

in XBoX Games and Apps
    will xcloud have less screen tear: my xcloud on the xbox app for pc looks terrible today i was playing gta5 doing a mission and i couldent see where i was going because the video was very corrupted i would like if screen tear was...
  7. Xbox Cloud Gaming / Input delay - Screen tearing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Cloud Gaming / Input delay - Screen tearing: Is there anyway for me to fix this issue on console using mircosoft egde? My wifi is fine d85c4c01-9fb0-4c00-9deb-d2c790b18856
  8. How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch?: Split from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_frsocial-xbo_topother/how-do-i-fix-the-screen-tear-youtube-glitch/831161f8-cd74-43fb-8e7e-dbfcadaba327. I have been experiencing...
  9. How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the screen tear YouTube glitch?: I try to to watch YouTube and the screen splits in half and the top glitches and the bottom continues playing 831161f8-cd74-43fb-8e7e-dbfcadaba327
  10. Screen tear whilst using remote play on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen tear whilst using remote play on Xbox Series S: Recently I’ve been trying to connect remote play from my Xbox Series S to my laptop. Over the past few days it’s been working really well, with no issues. Today however, I’ve been having some...