Screen is very dark/red tint to it

Discus and support Screen is very dark/red tint to it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Turned my Xbox one X on this morning and the screen appears really dark in color and red. I switches HDMI cables and tried moving it to another port on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xLeGitLyBl4zeDx, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Screen is very dark/red tint to it

Turned my Xbox one X on this morning and the screen appears really dark in color and red. I switches HDMI cables and tried moving it to another port on my tv and nothing is helping. I’ve restarted my console 3 times now and nothing is fixing this issue.. any help?

:)

xLeGitLyBl4zeDx, Nov 25, 2022
  2. ggxv_1 Win User

Hi, hope all is well.

Have you made sure that your HDMI for your Xbox is plugged into the correct HDMI port for your television? If everything is done correctly there shouldn't be any issues.

If the issue persists, I recommend re-evaluating the position of the cables and if they're plugged in correctly, that they're in the correct ports and that the power supply isn't affected.

If issues still persist it can come down to your Xbox (If aged) or television.

If you have another television, I'd recommend trying plugging in your Xbox there and seeing if the issue persists.

If there are still problems, it can come down to HDMI Cable, Xbox being aged or faulty. Hopefully your problem can be resolved
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Are there any changes that you have made before turning off your console?

Also, To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Red tint/screen

Hey there Silomyte,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to deal with this peculiar issue. I can totally understand how this could be pretty disheartening of an issue to encounter. I see you had done a couple of troubleshooting steps already including a "full
    reset", but have you done a factory reset
    keeping your games & apps
    ?

If not, give that a shot and let us know if that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  5. MorseyBaby Win User

Red tint/screen

Sounds like you may need to request a repair: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox One screen is very dark/red

Hello there @ColeMazeitis, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! The issue is most likely to be from the HDMI port itself, or the port on the TV. Please access the link below to troubleshoot the issue.

The link: Troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox is on | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists after the troubleshoot, I would highly advise you to change the HDMI cable to narrow the issue.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Screen is very dark/red tint to it - Similar Threads - Screen very dark

2. Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console

in XboX Insiders
    Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console: I was getting stuck at the green Xbox screen. I did a factory reset and now it's stuck on the black screen. How do I fix this? Please and thank you. submitted by /u/uvasag [link] [comments]
  3. My XBOX ONE Has a black screen of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX ONE Has a black screen of death: I recently bought this xbox knowing it was messed up, knowing the issue and knowing the usual fix. However, i tried fixing it and its no longer working. is there a new fix for this? (i power on...
  4. When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.: When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes. Its been a while since I have been on Xbox but still, the account is not or ever has been suspended or anything like that,...
  5. My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is black and i cannot play any games all it says is welcome and then it goes...: I cannot play any games cus my xbox goes fullly black after starting it it is ig called the screen of death or sum all it says is welcome then goes dim. Help. 112872b3-9401-437b-bc00-910087e4b0bd
  6. why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?: Hello So I've been frustrated for the couple of weeks because I've been trying to fix my gpu from crashing. I've updated the drivers, I've taken out my gpu out of the socket and put it back in,...
  7. Why I'd 3 quarters of my xbox screen glitched and how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I'd 3 quarters of my xbox screen glitched and how do I fix it: The top right quarter is all stretched out and the bottom half is just black and I don't know how to fix it 8ea5438a-22de-48c2-bd86-8ffd13470b49
  8. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  9. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  10. Remote Place Screen very small - iOS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Place Screen very small - iOS: I have the same issue as this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/remote-play-screen-very-small/360982cb-0197-49af-b550-dbd82f7bd42a However, this thread was locked with...