Screen goes black every 20-30 sec on xbox one

Discus and support Screen goes black every 20-30 sec on xbox one in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Im sure this may have been asked before but i bought an xbox one off ebay and while playing the game, the screen goes black every 20-30 sec or so...... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by anonymouss2021, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Screen goes black every 20-30 sec on xbox one

Im sure this may have been asked before but i bought an xbox one off ebay and while playing the game, the screen goes black every 20-30 sec or so... sometimes it says game mode turned off/on.. is there anyway to fix this so i can play a game without my screen blacking in and out?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

:)

anonymouss2021, Nov 14, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ANONYMOUSS2021

Let’s try to isolate the issue a bit more, for this try:

A. Use a completely different HDMI cord
    B. Connect the console to a different HDMI port in your TV
    C. Disable game mode in your TV settings
    D. Connect the console to a different TV
  3. chris123111 Win User

My Xbox broken again

oh yeah, forgot to say in this thread, if you unplug your internet cord "not connected to xbox"" every thing works fine like it should. but the second you try and connect takes about 4 secs, but then goes to a black screen.. Ooohh, the black screen of
    death XD
  4. Got Kings Win User

Blu-Ray stuttering whilst watching films

I'm having the same issue. At first I thought it was the blue ray movie but I try 3 different ones and its go black for about a sec every 30 to 45 sec..
  5. SCPOBob Win User

Black screen of Death?

I just picked the game up on Sunday...($20 @ Gamestop), and just about every reload or cut screen was a "black screen" for a god 30-45seconds.....This is gonna make this a LONG game.
  6. Gimpy_P Win User

Xbox One screen goes black for 2 secs sometimes

I'm not using an Xbox one S, neither a 4K television. Yes it HAS to be the Xbox, it does so on other televisions/HDMI cables, so it cant be those options.

It's not a common failure, that's why i reached out to here.
    If it does it on other TV's with other cables it may very well be the HDMI port on the console itself.

Mine has done this periodically and it was most definitely HDMI related.
Thema:

1. Screen goes black every 20-30 sec on xbox one - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  3. I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.: I’m on Xbox, have turned it off and on, un installed and re installed and neither have worked. ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One***...
  4. My screen goes black when I close out Xbox menu in games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen goes black when I close out Xbox menu in games: I've had a problem with my TV going black for almost a second whenever I close out the xbox menu when in game. I switched different hdmi cables, hdmi ports. Resarted my xbox. I've changed my tv...
  5. Splash screen shows up then goes black and I've factory reset my xbox one s 2 times, after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Splash screen shows up then goes black and I've factory reset my xbox one s 2 times, after...: Splash screen shows up then goes black and I've factory reset my xbox one s 2 times after both times it works for a while then the problem comes back 7736f0d0-6259-41be-b96e-1ab12bfd36a8
  6. In gta when I go near a mission it goes to a black screen then restarts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In gta when I go near a mission it goes to a black screen then restarts: In gta for Xbox 360 when I go near a mission before the first heist it goes to a black screen then restarts 9faf7ea3-83f9-4479-ba08-8bfee7e91705
  7. Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X goes black screen and flickers and loses audio on games and when pressing home button: For some reason when I have VRR turned on, my games will flicker and go black when I press home button and if I put option to gaming only, everytime I open or quit an app it will go black ive...
  8. Farm sim 22 goes to black screen from loading screen. Loading bar sometimes moves but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Farm sim 22 goes to black screen from loading screen. Loading bar sometimes moves but...: Farm sim 22 goes to black screen from loading screen. Loading bar sometimes moves but always goes to black screen 63e43839-5ede-48e9-bf32-1d9ea9d923f9
  9. Xbox One turns on, displays green loading screen, then goes to black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One turns on, displays green loading screen, then goes to black: Hi! As the title says, I turn on my Xbox one, it comes on, displays the green screen, and then goes blank. If I hold down the xbox button on the controller, the “what would you like to do?” screen...
  10. Xbox one screen goes black after a few seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one screen goes black after a few seconds: Had no issues up until yesterday. In between matches on cod screen went black. Audio still works , can hear toggling of menu . Also noticed that when I unplug and plug the HDMI cord back in I can...