screen freezing when instaling disk then went black after a 20 or so seconds

Discus and support screen freezing when instaling disk then went black after a 20 or so seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hey so i recently got my xbox one x and first time instaling disks so i installed 3 xbox 360 disks no problem then i put in black ops 3 a xbox one disk... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobertTurner9, Feb 7, 2019.

1. screen freezing when instaling disk then went black after a 20 or so seconds

hey so i recently got my xbox one x and first time instaling disks so i installed 3 xbox 360 disks no problem then i put in black ops 3 a xbox one disk it started to download and a update poped up a fiew seconds later so i pressed install on that to my
    disc drive was quite noisy but i can expect that when instaling but after about 20-30 seconds into the instal my screen froze and would not let me press any button other than the home button to turn off consle and i left it about another 20 seconds and the
    screen went black so i had to turn off the xbox using the controlers home button n i ejected the disk turned it back on its working fine is this a problem or somthink just that is normal

:)

RobertTurner9, Feb 7, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Robert,

The issue you have described was due to a Xbox Live core service alert affecting consoles by presenting this black screen issue.

This was not due to your console having problems, or it was not anything that you did.

We do appreciate your posting of the experience, and hope that other errors do not appear.

Best wishes!
  3. IconicNose8 Win User

I'm At My Wits End!!!!!!!!!! This All Started Beginning of October when I Downloaded Netflix Update.....

@Irixion, I just tried your suggestion, game disk won't play with HDD removed, just showing black screen. But....I've never had a problem with this Xbox before the Netflix update at the beginning of the month. After the update, Kinect freezes, games won't
    play, apps freeze at their start screen. This Xbox is hardly ever used, how could their be any damage? (purchased brand new 2012, paid extra for star wars version, only been used approx. 10-20 times since purchase).
  4. Rum Geoff Win User

What problems have you ran into so far?

I was playing Heroes mode yesterday and after I got killed and during the respawn, my screen went black freezing my console.
  5. FullMe74lJ4cke7 Win User

BattleBlock Theater Glitch/Problem

I did that you see, and I don't get an error message, but when I start it, the screen stays black and makes my Xbox freeze after a few seconds. What does that mean?
  6. chasefaulk666 Win User

Green Screen of Death...

and also now that i think about it on my inital startup it went from green screen to a crazy looking glitched out screen, like an old nintendo game all kind of colors and small pixels, for about 2 seconds and then black screen then an auto power down. starting
    the second time was green screen freeze up.
Thema:

1. screen freezing when instaling disk then went black after a 20 or so seconds - Similar Threads - screen freezing instaling

2. Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen: I bought a game of the Xbox one shop that was a 360 game so when I play it I have to login to an Xbox live account. My account is already on it but I didn’t have the password on my Xbox so after I...
  3. Certain games freeze the screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Certain games freeze the screen: I've found a problem recently where certain games, which worked perfectly fine for months beforehand, have suddenly started freezing the entire screen while tabbed onto them, everything still runs...
  4. Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen: Games run perfectly fine and smoothly on my Series X, and there is nothing wrong with the gameplay. However every time I’m in a game and press the xbox button to bring up the sidebar, the whole...
  5. Why does my Roblox sign in screen keep freezing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Roblox sign in screen keep freezing?: Earlier today I have reinstalled Roblox for a small issue, but now when I open Roblox it's takes me to the sign in and while im doing that my whole screen would freeze. At first I thought it was a...
  6. While Playing on either xbox or remote play, game freezes and shows a black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    While Playing on either xbox or remote play, game freezes and shows a black screen: tried hard reset, hdmi port and cable change, network port change, resolution change(essentially all fixes I could have found) and nothing has changes. Today it has happened twice in the span of 5...
  7. Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X): Hello! We were playing starfield last night (12/28). After we turned off the game, we ate dinner then went to play again. Upon reaching the Home Screen where it says “press any button to start”...
  8. My roblox made my laptop screen freezes when i open it and i had to hard restart to open my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My roblox made my laptop screen freezes when i open it and i had to hard restart to open my...: My roblox made my laptop screen freezes when i open it and i had to hard restart to open my laptop. 2e0d8a07-fdc9-4fe2-8899-1f417687d77d
  9. Screen goes grey and freezes after sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Screen goes grey and freezes after sign in: I had to reset my Microsoft password last week and since then my son hasn’t been able to sign into his account. Every time he puts his Xbox on he has to enter password but the screen then goes...
  10. YouTube app keeps freezing, going to a black screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    YouTube app keeps freezing, going to a black screen.: YouTube keeps freezing and going to a black screen. Watch one video it does that sometimes I can't watch no video 6e9f3420-63e9-4fe7-898d-d8152daab9ee