screen freeze on splash screen

Discus and support screen freeze on splash screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My brother was playing Grand Theft Auto V on our xbox 360 s console when the screen froze, so he turned it off, then back on and it came to the splash... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by computergall20, Jan 6, 2014.

1. screen freeze on splash screen

My brother was playing Grand Theft Auto V on our xbox 360 s console when the screen froze, so he turned it off, then back on and it came to the splash screen then froze.

when we start up the xbox console, it's anywhere from 2 seconds to 5 seconds and it freezes. but once i got it to get to a game when it wouldn't connect to xbox live (wireless connection) but when i was logging in to xbox live it froze again

Would somebody please help me, I do not want to send my console to microsoft for repair because it's out of warranty and my dad would get angry.

thanks.

:)

computergall20, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Splash Screen Freeze

XBox Gamers,

My kids bought an XBox 360 last November with their own money. I am frustrated that after only a year the console is having issues. We have a ten year old PS2 that has never given us an issue. When you turn the system on the splash screen comes on and
    then freezes. We never added a hard drive and never saved the data to a thumb drive. My kids want their saved data. I don't want to spend a hundred dollars to send it away to be fixed if I will not get their data back. A new system is only two hundred
    dollars. I feel that spending one hundred to get the data, then two hundred for a new console is rediculous. We purchased at Best Buy and they said they could try to retrieve the data for a hundred, then we'd have to buy a new system. Same story at Game
    Stop. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem and possibly save three hundred dollars?

Thank you for reading. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lynn Johnson

SmolderedCoder4, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Splash Screen Freeze

Hello!

Are you near a Microsoft Store? They are good folk, and would love to help you out.

Best.

The Last Ewok, Jan 6, 2014
  4. screen freeze on splash screen

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

Please could you try the instructions given in the support article bellow. The link will take you the article

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-screen-freeze

I hope this helps you with your problem you are having on Xbox Live

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 7, 2014
  5. Tr0llChief
    Tr0llChief Guest
    Hi there, computergall20. I'm sorry to hear that your GTA V freezes at start up. I have that problem today.

Your Console is fine don't worry about it.I thought about it too.

You can play the game, but you will need to do this everytime you will launch GTA V.

I fixed it by launching the game without logging in any of my profiles, saying "NO" to message that asks me to log in to play, and when Ludendorff intro scene starts playing I signed in my profile, then loaded my last save and everything was fine then. But
    thing happened again. It cannot be fixed today.Waiting for Title Update from Rockstar.

Hope my instruction will help you out.Happy gaming!

Tr0llChief, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

Please could you try the instructions given in the support article bellow. The link will take you the article

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-screen-freeze

I hope this helps you with your problem you are having on Xbox Live

Regards,
  7. Tr0llChief Win User

Hi there, computergall20. I'm sorry to hear that your GTA V freezes at start up. I have that problem today.

Your Console is fine don't worry about it.I thought about it too.

You can play the game, but you will need to do this everytime you will launch GTA V.

I fixed it by launching the game without logging in any of my profiles, saying "NO" to message that asks me to log in to play, and when Ludendorff intro scene starts playing I signed in my profile, then loaded my last save and everything was fine then. But
    thing happened again. It cannot be fixed today.Waiting for Title Update from Rockstar.

Hope my instruction will help you out.Happy gaming!
  8. The Last Ewok Win User

Splash Screen Freeze

Hello!

Are you near a Microsoft Store? They are good folk, and would love to help you out.

Best.
  9. jaspertodd Win User

Splash Screen Freeze

Hey..You can try and use a transfer cable and transfer your HD to a new one.Also on the 360 be sure the power brick is clean and all the vents are clean.So theres no over heating.It could just be your power cord? You can also try and remove the hard drive
    and turn the 360 on and see if it turns on all the way.It maybe your harddrive.Also try and spray some can air in the vents of the 360.Little spurts not full on spray.And if all that doesnt work google your problem iam sure theres others with the same problem,see
    what they did.

Good luck to u..
  10. SinisterOL Win User

Legendary Edition Crashing on load

Hello,

I cannot get past splash screen. The icon flashes then everything freezes. Up to date on patch.
Thema:

1. screen freeze on splash screen - Similar Threads - screen freeze splash

2. YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube Xbox series s screen freezes: Does anyone else having the problem where YouTube is lagging very bad to the point that the sound keeps going and the videos freezes and if you put it on a higher quality it lags more often ? It’s...
  3. Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft screen freezes while the game is still running: When I play Minecraft everything is perfect until at one point the screen freezes while in reality the game continues to run so that I hear the voices of villagers, animals, water, etc. I tried...
  4. When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes.: When I try to log into my xbox profile my screen goes white and freezes. Its been a while since I have been on Xbox but still, the account is not or ever has been suspended or anything like that,...
  5. Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 freezing on login screen: I bought a game of the Xbox one shop that was a 360 game so when I play it I have to login to an Xbox live account. My account is already on it but I didn’t have the password on my Xbox so after I...
  6. Certain games freeze the screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Certain games freeze the screen: I've found a problem recently where certain games, which worked perfectly fine for months beforehand, have suddenly started freezing the entire screen while tabbed onto them, everything still runs...
  7. Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen: Games run perfectly fine and smoothly on my Series X, and there is nothing wrong with the gameplay. However every time I’m in a game and press the xbox button to bring up the sidebar, the whole...
  8. Why does my Roblox sign in screen keep freezing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Roblox sign in screen keep freezing?: Earlier today I have reinstalled Roblox for a small issue, but now when I open Roblox it's takes me to the sign in and while im doing that my whole screen would freeze. At first I thought it was a...
  9. While Playing on either xbox or remote play, game freezes and shows a black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    While Playing on either xbox or remote play, game freezes and shows a black screen: tried hard reset, hdmi port and cable change, network port change, resolution change(essentially all fixes I could have found) and nothing has changes. Today it has happened twice in the span of 5...
  10. Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X): Hello! We were playing starfield last night (12/28). After we turned off the game, we ate dinner then went to play again. Upon reaching the Home Screen where it says “press any button to start”...