screen diming issues

Discus and support screen diming issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I start a game the picture is nice and bright. I start moving around and pushing buttons and the screen gradually dims. Once I stop pushing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FleeingWig447, Dec 31, 2013.

1. screen diming issues

When I start a game the picture is nice and bright. I start moving around and pushing buttons and the screen gradually dims. Once I stop pushing buttons and moving around, the screen reverts back to being nice and bright. I only had the console for about
    a month. Any help would be great!!

:)

FleeingWig447, Dec 31, 2013
  2. malchello
    malchello Guest
    Link Windows Live Ids?

nickel diming me for such a basic thing...

malchello, Dec 31, 2013
  3. Newoutlaw929
    Newoutlaw929 Guest
    Xbox Live Gold Renewal for 33% off

So wrong, false advertising. I have the same message and it is not giving me the discount. Really Microsoft, nickel and diming people!

Newoutlaw929, Dec 31, 2013
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Nickel and Dimes

[quote user="Beta Bri"]It does.[/quote]No, it does not. Gaming went mainstream. The mainstream does not care.
    to the point of deluding themselves into defending bad quality products and services that they have happened to have purchased,
    Hmm?
    I don't see that having anything to do with age.
    If that isn't Microsoft Corp. spin, I don't know what is?
    You can either acknowledge what is happening, or you can remain ignorant. You, as an individual, are not going to stop this process. This
    is what developers want, this is what publishers want, this is what the content industry as a whole wants. It's the reason for SOPA, it's the reason for ACTA. Microsoft is not going to just ignore what the content industry is doing.
    The day everything
    that has to do with ethereal products in gaming, computers, ect.? It's the day, people will stop purchasing those products.
    What are you talking about? Virtually the ENTIRE PC GAMING INDUSTRY is licenses. GOG's about the only place you can buy and OWN
    a game without a license requirement. Steam, Direct2Drive, GfWL, Impulse, Desura - they're all licenses. You don't "own" PC games any longer, and haven't for years.
    People like to purchase/own tangible products that do not exclusively reside on some
    corporate "faith based corporate server system",
    Some do. Most do not.
    they will "sell you the newer version at a discounted price."
    Games worth remaking get fairly decent treatment. Witness all the later day PS2 classics getting HD treatment,
    then coming to non-BC PS3s.
    See above.
    The current mainstream gaming culture does not care.
  5. Beta Bri Win User

Nickel and Dimes

[quote user="IceStorm III"]Depends entirely on the product.[/quote]

It is clear (to me, anyway) that the younger generations (35 and under) are completely *clueless* as to what criteria constitutes a "quality product". You've grown up with so much bad quality stuff, that you accept it as the standard norm and defend it!
    (Sickening to say the least...)

We're currently at a crossroads, headed into license-only territory. All 360 games are ephemeral (even the ones on disc). For an ecosystem not designed for long-term usage, the 360 is fine.
    Welcome... to the past! Welcome to the crash of 1983!

What's old, is new again...!!!
  6. CoreyN14 Win User

Nickel and Dimes

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]

As long as its allowed...

[/quote]

This is where you are incorrect. It is not allowed. Comparison Threads only end up being a Flame War. You know that, I know that. That's why they are not allowed.

People
    take "loyalty" to an extreme, Pro's or Con's.

As for people not having a "problem" even posting Negative about another Product, I do. I still Report those for Off Topic as

well
    . This is still Xbox.com, not Anything.com.

[/quote]

Dude, you're 40. Please tell me that you were joking when you said you report off-topic threads. Seriously? Wow, you take a videogame forum way too seriously.

[/quote]

Why Soo Serious haha.
  7. That Darn Cat 2 Win User

Nickel and Dimes

[quote user="SNAKExEATER4545"]

Just a helpful note about virus protection for your computer. Even though it sounds crazy, but try out Microsoft Security Essentials. It is a free download and I have had it on two computers, I have not had any issues with it.
    And back to the console part, I think everyone has had to deal with some issue with the 360. Some people have had better luck than others and that is all it has come down to.

[/quote]

Thanks for the helpful input. I have heard of & used Microsoft Security Essentials, and at times it can be a wonderfully useful malware removal tool. But allow me to be the first to warn you that
    there are viruses out there which have the sole purpose to attack Microsoft Security Essentials & therefore corrupt your anti-virus software. I came across a virus a while back that, upon using MSE to get rid of
    it, basically made me delete important parts of Windows, rendering my computer incapable of Start Up. The virus makes your MSE think that there is a serious virus that needs to be deleted, causing key files on your computer to seemingly mimic a virus file,
    therefore making you delete said virus only to find that you're actually deleting your own operating system.

That's why I use a whole cocktail of different malware removal tools (MSE not being one of them) in order to rigorously clean my PC from time to time.

In an effort to stay on topic, allow me to say that I don't think Microsoft's products are terrible, on the contrary, the substance of their products is quite good. It's just that reliability & longevity have never been Microsoft's strong suit.
  8. That Darn Cat 2 Win User

Nickel and Dimes

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]

You can bet that if they would have continued this way of doing things on the 360, they would have sold many more units not to mention many of our games would have been developed better because they would not be multiplatform.

[/quote]

I agree, but in the long run, they would have made much less money. And if these much maligned forums are any indication, that's all they care about: making money. Again this being both the beauty & the bane of capitalism: that a company's sole directive
    is to increase their profits at any cost, even if if means putting out a less quality product in order to do so.

I just think back to the innumerable Red Rings of Death I'm sure many of us have had, and the new consoles we had to pay out of pocket for in order to replace 360s that were maybe a year old, as well as the countless viruses my Windows operating system has
    been the victim of over the years, and I see a company that has its priorities not where the consumers want them to be.
Thema:

screen diming issues

1. screen diming issues - Similar Threads - screen diming issues

2. Colors displayed on screen when using the Xbox are weird

in XboX Insiders
    Colors displayed on screen when using the Xbox are weird: Hey. Wish I could post attachments to better show my issues. But I’ll describe it best as I can The display on the tv is fine until I swap to the Xbox. Once I get to the login screen and anything...
  3. When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i set my refresh rate to 120hz it says i wont be able to use 1440p when my screen says...: My screen says in description that it can run 1440p at 120fps for console gaming(AOC 1440p 155hz adaptive sync) but when i try to set my resolution to 1440p it wont let me use 120hz only 60hz and...
  4. Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Turns On but Black Screen with No Signal: I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon first day it worked but next day I had a black screen with no signal I used 2 separate hdmi cables 2 separate TVs and 2 separate power cables everything...
  5. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...: The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this 77a41866-ac3a-460f-bb48-55d8543171e5
  6. Bioshock 2 on xbox x won't load profile? Load screen stalls at around 90% and doesn't go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bioshock 2 on xbox x won't load profile? Load screen stalls at around 90% and doesn't go...: Bioshock 2 on xbox x won't load profile? Load screen stalls at around 90% and doesn't go any further 8ae293ef-5999-4495-9889-30302d7eb6a3
  7. Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...

in XboX Insiders
    Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...: Any idea on how to fix? If it helps, it occasionally just blacks out for a second or two. Its not the TV because streaming stuff on it works completely fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  8. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  9. Screen showing black when I got relaunched into settings, and my tv shows black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen showing black when I got relaunched into settings, and my tv shows black screen: Screen shows black when i relaunched into settings, my tv shows a black screen. I cannot see anything and everything is blank [img] d55e201d-a106-4dce-a72e-03556d9aa960
  10. Black screen of death won't go away no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death won't go away no matter what: So, this has been going on for about a day or two now where when I boot up the console it just gives a black screen. The remote is unresponsive as well as the Xbox when I try to use remote play....