scratched discs

Discus and support scratched discs in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hi, can someone tell me if microsoft will replace scratched game discs for xbox one, and how to do it. thanks. 996f3f48-84dc-4fed-88b9-217d6622469f Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by simon baker1, Jul 13, 2022.

1. simon baker1
    simon baker1 Guest

scratched discs

hi, can someone tell me if microsoft will replace scratched game discs for xbox one, and how to do it. thanks.

:)

simon baker1, Jul 13, 2022
  2. TMX boxburn Win User

scratched disc

@OutLaw515O It is not a malfunction of the console, in over 5 years of owning an Xbox 360 the only times my disks have been scratched were:

a) Lent it to a friend

b) Another friend had his Xbox on his bed and his brother jumped on the bed with my game in

If your console is left to do its thing without any external forces on it, it will not scratch any disks, it only scratches them when moved by something external to the unit. So it's not a malfunction, its miss-use by the user.

@ THE Alex Langan If your console can recognise the disk when you put it in but fails to play it you can borrow a friends copy or rent a copy and install it to your hard drive, this way once the console has verified you own the disk, it will play the game
    from your hard drive.
  3. Chris21ce Win User

scratched disc

It happens if the xbox gets bumped a little you can either pay for a disk clean I know blockbusters do them or you can try put it under the tap gently dry it with toilet paper sometimes that works
  4. onyxishere Win User

Scratched disc

Sorry to hear it. The circle scratch only happens when the console is moved while the disc is inside and spinning.

The bump may not have been a specific thing where someone moved or bumped it while you where playing. It could have been a heavy truck driving by the house or a minor earthquake that moved it. (those were examples only).

You could try installing the game to your console. If it installs then you only need the disc in the drive to play the game. If you cannot install from that disc then borrow a friends to install from. Otherwise you would need to replace the disc.
  5. ngocphi Win User

disc scratched

from the sounds of it he didn't sit the disk in right (thats also what can happen greypilgrim)

which can cause the disk to float and spin incorrectly

ms will only replace disks that they publish since FIFA is not a MS product

you'll will have to contact EA (which they do not have a disc replacement program) and even if they did it would still require you to send in 20dollars

best solution goto a gamestore and have the scratch buffed it out
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

scratched discs

Hello Simon!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Unfortunately, both microsoft and the game developers only provide a 90-day warranty after purchasing the product, after which it is not possible in any way to exchange the damaged content.

I'm sorry about the situation, Simon.

I remain at your disposal for any other queries.

Best regards
Thema:

scratched discs

1. scratched discs - Similar Threads - scratched discs

2. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  3. I scratched all of the numbers on my gift card. I need help getting the numbers back.

in XBoX on Windows
    I scratched all of the numbers on my gift card. I need help getting the numbers back.: I need help getting the number back 7139f22f-9c6b-4025-9e34-f98021bb280c
  4. My Xbox Series S controller is not working the serial number is scratched off what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S controller is not working the serial number is scratched off what do I do?: Is there anything I can do my Xbox Series S controller stopped working the usb cable port is broken my serial number on my control is gone how do I get a replacement...
  5. Why is their a scratching sound from the DISC try on my XBOX SERIES X???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is their a scratching sound from the DISC try on my XBOX SERIES X???: So my recent game I bought from Amazon Canada doesn’t like the series X for some reason it was red dead redemption 2 it’s the installation DISC but for some reason seems to run/ installing the...
  6. Why is my Xbox one scratching all my discs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox one scratching all my discs?: My console is ruining all my games and movies. I opened a new anime, and after the first watch, it was covered is scratches. All of my naruto discs are ruined, which cost me a lot of money. The...
  7. Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive: As of recently i noticed a very subtle quick scratch/grind noise from the disc drive and not sure if i should worry. The console still properly loads/installs/ejects discs properly ofcourse and...
  8. MS needs to make this happen (disc scratch fixes)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MS needs to make this happen (disc scratch fixes): There's gotta be a way for us to put our Disc in the tray and MS to send us maybe the 10 megabytes we need to continue installing. This day in age, you can't tell me there's no way to verify!...
  9. Perfect circle scratch and disc unreadable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Perfect circle scratch and disc unreadable: I was playing Gta V earlier when suddenly the game crashes and I'm brought back to the dashboard. I reopen the game and while its loading I can hear the disc stop spinning and the game crashes...
  10. I Got a Circular Scratch and my Dad Bought me a New Disc, Will the Game Override my Previous ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Got a Circular Scratch and my Dad Bought me a New Disc, Will the Game Override my Previous ...: A couple months ago, I got a circular scratch on my Forza 4 disc. My father bought a new disc and I didn't take the time to isolate my old save data onto a flash drive or cloud. We started to play...