Sceptre 25" Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080p up to 165Hz for Xbox one S

Discus and support Sceptre 25" Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080p up to 165Hz for Xbox one S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering and needed to know, if the monitor on the title is compatible for an xbox one s (If it works) I am looking to making my setup, and most... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VÍCTOR NAVA, Aug 14, 2022.

  1. VÍCTOR NAVA
    VÍCTOR NAVA Guest

    Sceptre 25" Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080p up to 165Hz for Xbox one S


    I was wondering and needed to know, if the monitor on the title is compatible for an xbox one s (If it works) I am looking to making my setup, and most of the videos on youtube about monitors for xbox one s are pretty old so im looking if this monitor is compatible. This is the link of the monitor.

    https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-Free...G3LXB5C,B089V2R9WW,B08WWKJGDV&geniuslink=true

    :)
     
    VÍCTOR NAVA, Aug 14, 2022
    #1
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Sceptre 25" Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080p up to 165Hz for Xbox one S

    To be honest, yes, I would get a monitor with less Hz.

    But if you plan to get a Series S or X in the future. I would purchae the mentioned monitor.

    If upgrading your console soon is not a plan, in that case you can try looking for a monitor with 60Hz but with better image quality
  3. VÍCTOR NAVA Win User

    Sceptre 25" Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080p up to 165Hz for Xbox one S

    Thank you this helped a lot. I appreciate it. So do you recommend getting a monitor with less Hz since they'll be locked off and the monitor could also be cheaper?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Sceptre 25" Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080p up to 165Hz for Xbox one S

    Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

    Hope you're doing great today VÍCTOR

    Just to double check, are you referring to Xbox One S and not Series S, right?

    If that's the case. Of course, that monitor is compatible with your console but the 165Hz are going to be locked. I mean, if you use your One S with that monitor, probably the refresh rate will be locked up to 60Hz / 60fps

    Hope it helps, feel free to ask further questions if necessary

    Greetings
  5. xXMONSTERXx787 Win User

    Xbox one x 120hz not working.

    My monitor does meet the requirements and it supports hdmi 2.0. It supports 1080p up to 165hz. But my xbox one x does not give me the option to turn 120hz on.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

    Black Screen after turning on 120hz on Series X

    Good find. That doesn't necessarily mean it will work though.

    The issue is that these screens seem to be marketed for PC gaming. PC graphics cards won't care if the timing of the display is 119.98Hz or 119.88Hz, it will show 120Hz and just work. The Series X is unfortunately, far more fussy.
    I think we need the OP to tell us the exact model to be sure. However, the Sceptre Community Support, in a reply to an Amazon question confirmed that the 25" 165Hz monitor does support 120Hz on the Series S. Of course, whether they know that for a fact or are just assuming it will is a different question.

    The problem is I can't find any information anywhere on how the monitor achieves it's higher refresh rates....I know a lot of monitors have a base of 60Hz and then use FS/GS to boost it to whatever and so won't even have a 120Hz option

    On a side note, they did have issues with some of their monitors and the PS5s...seems there was an EDID issue so might be related?

    To the OP: No idea what you have actually tried and maybe you have already:

    I quote from someone on Amazon: "Go to the TV and display options on the Xbox and then click Video Fidelity & overscan. Then override it to HDMI then you can change the resolution and refresh rate.

    This was in a reply on the 25" Sceptre monitor
Thema:

Sceptre 25" Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080p up to 165Hz for Xbox one S

Loading...
  1. Sceptre 25" Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080p up to 165Hz for Xbox one S - Similar Threads - Sceptre Gaming Monitor

  2. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  3. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  4. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  5. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  6. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  7. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  8. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  9. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  10. game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?

    in XboX Insiders
    game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?: So I’m in a game preview and it says in the rules when I joined the preview that im not supposed to capture game audio/video or share the game with anyone but when I launch the game and start it...