Sbox memory exceeded in edge browser when streaming video

Discus and support Sbox memory exceeded in edge browser when streaming video in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Edge browser keeps running out of memory and it either just freezes or gives me the standard sbox memory exceeded error. No other apps running. Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BISHOP ., Nov 30, 2022.

1. BISHOP .
    BISHOP . Guest

My Edge browser keeps running out of memory and it either just freezes or gives me the standard sbox memory exceeded error. No other apps running. Xbox one.

:)

BISHOP ., Nov 30, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Bishop, the console browser doesn't have the same technology as the PC browser, friend.

So it may not work properly for streaming.

That's why there are specific apps for some streams on the console, such as youtube, netflix and others.

You can try resetting the console, but it's just a test.

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

The browser still does not have full support for streaming ok?

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Integrating Xbox platform on Web

Sbox features Microsoft edge browser, if it works in there yes
  4. VinceOng Win User

Discovery Plus not working on Xbox Microsoft Edge

Hello Kathy,

I am not having any issues with my Series X console in terms of browsing and using the Microsoft Edge browser in streaming Youtube and other video streaming sites.

On the other hand, if I am using Microsoft Edge on my laptop or android phone, it can't also stream Discovery Plus.

Thank you,

Vince
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working

Unfortunately the Edge browser may not be powerful enough to stream video from certain websites.

Please use the app for each of those websites, if available, such as youtube, netflix, hulu and other apps for certain channels.
  6. RobercP Win User

Microsoft Edge Crashing Regularly

This issue started from that moment few months ago when MS launched big update when changed XBOX interface.

Video runs for 10-12 minutes, then Edge closes and returns to home screen. The video is HTTP streamed - no difference if it's x264 or x265 codec. Plays the same time - 10-12 minutes.

Sometimes (I didn't catch when) video after the restart of Edge will go flawlessy.

Browser will not hang if I'll scroll it 10 seconds forward (or backwards) at that time, when it should hang (each 10 minutes of video). The small cross on controller.

So I guess XBOX guys can't deal with buffering memory overflow and freeing it when it has to be freed (in my situation - 10 minutes of buffer). When I scroll video - the buffer is destroyed, memory freed, created new empty buffer and loaded with fresh content.

There is option to buy PS4 (by the way my Gold subscription ends in a month), but I DON'T WANT TO DO IT.

Hard decision - to spit to the buggy XBOX and watch movies on the TV's internal browser and wait until some very good guy ports Chrome or Firefox to MSuxy XBOX or switch to PS4?

I'd like to know - what MS thinks about it? They should try to hire programmers who will fix this "supahard" issue.

Do they test their software or not? Looks like they don't.
Thema:

1. Sbox memory exceeded in edge browser when streaming video - Similar Threads - Sbox memory exceeded

2. Series s memory

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s memory: I'm looking for different options for additional memory for my series s that I can actually play the games off of. 2b574c62-44c1-4c99-879c-e19ed840fd95
  3. xbox series x out of video memory

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x out of video memory: Been getting something about video memory full this on pop up which then crashes game. It does it on sword and fairy together forever this is the second game it does it on can't remember the first...
  4. reset memory

in XBoX on Windows
    reset memory: Hello, I wanted to try going into the “dev mode” of the Xbox series x and I changed the dev storage…. How do I find my 1000gb of memory? df93433b-7c61-4443-a69c-73e666d50ca5
  5. Memory error Modern Warfare 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Memory error Modern Warfare 3: Hi not sure if anyone can help I keep getting memory error every couple of games. I have enough storage so it's nothing to do with storage, never had this problem on any other COD. Things I've...
  6. Referenced Memory Read Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Referenced Memory Read Error: Hi, I am receiving the following application error when I run Civ6. "The instruction at 0x00000000149677D3 referenced memory could not be read" Have tried starting and restarting. And have run...
  7. My Xbox Series S is continually saying I don't have enough memory.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S is continually saying I don't have enough memory.: My Xbox Series S is saying I don't have enough memory. I only COH3 on the Xbox, have done a hard reset, reset the console both with games and apps and without and it still does it. Any clues...
  8. Why am I having a memory issue for COH3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I having a memory issue for COH3: Trying to take ortuna in the Italian campaign and it crashes before I can even take the first capture point popping up a message saying I'm out of memory how is that even possible when I have no...
  9. Hello how much will it cost to repair the memory card expansion slot on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello how much will it cost to repair the memory card expansion slot on my Xbox series s: Hello how much will it cost to repair the memory card expansion slot on my Xbox series s ? c52f88ef-ab04-4501-acd1-f68eca5303fb
  10. Cant select 120fps on Sbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant select 120fps on Sbox Series X: I was randomly playing Cold War and was realising that im not 120hz and i went to go check and i couldnt select wither 60hz or 120hz. My Monitor: 32in. WQHD 165hz Zero-G Gaming Monitor i dont...