Says i can’t play a game because i dont own it, but i do own it

Discus and support Says i can’t play a game because i dont own it, but i do own it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got sleeping dogs a few years back when it was on gold, i own the game and have completed it a few times, but I’ve reinstalled it and i get a “to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TiagoFnds, Jun 4, 2023.

1. TiagoFnds
    TiagoFnds Guest

I got sleeping dogs a few years back when it was on gold, i own the game and have completed it a few times, but I’ve reinstalled it and i get a “to play this, you will need to buy it” message. I do already own the game and have for a few years. It does show up on my games and apps library and i can install it, but i cant play it, I’ve uninstalled it and reinstalled it multiple times, I’ve restarted my console but nothing seems to work, what can i do to make it work?

Thank You

:)

TiagoFnds, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, TiagoFnds. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry to hear about your issue with your game. Just to confirm, you played the game before as part of "game with gold" or you've already purchase the game? If you're playing it as games with gold, please make sure you have an active Xbox live or Xbox game pass Ultimate to play the game.
  3. RiqForPrez Win User

Warzone saying I can’t play because I don’t own

I've had this problem before on my other account. You have to go to the Microsoft store and go to warzone. It should say something about owning it on that account. Since it is free you should be able to purchase it or whatever it says.
    I have the same problem but with gta and i dont want to spend money to buy it again i have disc but says i dont own do i have to buy it on the store even when i go to owned games its not there to download
  4. EsportsSamurai Win User

Try this!

Hard reset your console. (Hold the power button on your console until it shuts off)

Load a game after reset is complete.

Quit that game or close out that game.

Finally attempt to reload it

My game gave me a message saying there was a problem with the games update cache so it deleted for me and then restarted the game automatically and fixed itself. Hopefully, this works or helps someone else because delete and downloading 100gb is a nightmare...
  5. José Pablo Mtz. Win User

I have the same issue, but to me it close mid and send me that message, it hapen twice today, and and cant acces any game from gamepass until i close close my profile and open it it again, how do if fix this?
  6. TaDDragonZ Win User

Yeah try to buy it in the store and it will unlock
Thema:

1. Says i can’t play a game because i dont own it, but i do own it - Similar Threads - Says can’t play

2. Can’t play Xbox say fix account on web

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t play Xbox say fix account on web: Can’t play Xbox . Says fix on web d5d80bad-d5e3-4b66-a7fd-04b9557c87d8
  3. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  4. Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...: I’ve done power cycle my Xbox one , redownloaded my profile. It’s done this before but I didn’t even know how to fix it then , it just started working again after I gave up . If anyone knows...
  5. why can’t I play my games from my 2TB seagate drive? It says the game can’t be played from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can’t I play my games from my 2TB seagate drive? It says the game can’t be played from...: why do I have to buy another drive that only comes with 2tb for half the price of a damn Xbox series x??? If yall gonna force us to play off a storage drive at LEAST MAKE THE INTERNAL STORAGE MORE...
  6. For some reason it says I can’t connect to Xbox live when I try to play black ops 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For some reason it says I can’t connect to Xbox live when I try to play black ops 2: If you can help with this please let me know 434b2291-30ce-4bcc-ae84-29fd39f90f92
  7. Xbox One is saying I don’t own and game and can’t play it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One is saying I don’t own and game and can’t play it?: I downloaded a game about two days ago and have been playing it everyday since, however, today when I tried to start the game up it’s presenting the ‘do you own this game’ message and cannot...
  8. I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew: I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew f39682e4-6c5c-4013-b4db-96827f4aff06
  9. Why can’t I play battlefield five it says I need to upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play battlefield five it says I need to upgrade: What can’t I play battlefield five. It says I need to upgrade 0bae8cac-a2b0-42d6-a279-5276e4e9f21f
  10. Why can’t I play Battlefront 2 when it says I need to put the disc in even though the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play Battlefront 2 when it says I need to put the disc in even though the game...: So I have the game downloaded and my disc is clean. But whenever I put in the disc and try to run the game it says for me to put in the disc. I have been confused for multiple years....