says cant connect to DHCP server which recommended solution is reset router. problem is i...

Discus and support says cant connect to DHCP server which recommended solution is reset router. problem is i... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; things tried: - all other troubleshooter options - hard reset of console wifi connection fd8f9887-54bc-426c-b234-07e9d20b30f2 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jacob Dolinski, May 28, 2023.

1. says cant connect to DHCP server which recommended solution is reset router. problem is i...

things tried:

- all other troubleshooter options

- hard reset of console

wifi connection

:)

Jacob Dolinski, May 28, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

says cant connect to DHCP server which recommended solution is reset router. problem is i have no ability to do so in hotel

Hello Jacob, it seems that something in the hotel Wi-Fi is restricting the correct access to the internet on your Xbox, could be an internal rule their router has.

In situations like this you may need to talk with them to see if they can change these settings for you
  3. Jacob Dolinski Win User

says cant connect to DHCP server which recommended solution is reset router. problem is i have no ability to do so in hotel

yes hotspot works but very slow data rate on it
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Jacob, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

May I know if this is happening only when you're using this Wi-Fi hotel?
    Are you able to use a different network to see if a similar message appears? For example enabling a mobile hotspot using your phone
  5. Jacob Dolinski Win User

figures 😕

thanks for the info
  6. ngocphi Win User

Dhcp can mean one of two things

One you can't login to the router

Since its a hotel when you connect it will ask you to sign in on the console if you are lucky it depends on the gateway

If it doesn't your next option is use your phone and setup a hotspot.and then connect ro the Wi-Fi while your console is connected to your hotspot

Make.sure to share internet connection though

Hotels isnt the best connection for consoles because they usually will have a login page rather then a Wi-Fi password
Thema:

says cant connect to DHCP server which recommended solution is reset router. problem is i...

1. says cant connect to DHCP server which recommended solution is reset router. problem is i... - Similar Threads - says cant connect

2. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  3. i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant get minecraft on windows even though gamepass says i own it: one day i decided i wanted to try minecraft on pc i opened the xbox app and installed the launcher, it said it wanted me to sign in to my microsoft account i went to and it automatically signed me...
  4. Says gamertag isnt original but cant find the account using the tag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Says gamertag isnt original but cant find the account using the tag.: Im trying to use a gamertag and the suffix implies the tag isnt original but after much searching Im unable to find the account the currently owns the gamertag 593e7511-59d2-4685-8cdb-8af7a47e54f8
  5. Questcraft: when I went into questcraft it says my username is "username" and I cant play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Questcraft: when I went into questcraft it says my username is "username" and I cant play...: and yes, I did try to reinstall :D 79a03d2a-ca27-4457-a993-acd2b8adb32e
  6. why does mw2 and warzone say it cant connect to a data center?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does mw2 and warzone say it cant connect to a data center?: i recently got an xbox series s and have downloaded mw2 + warzone. ive played the campaign in mw2 and evrrything was okay. i then bought xbox gamepass so i could play online, but everytime i try...
  7. minecraft but when i tre to join minecraft say i cant connect to the server i please help...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft but when i tre to join minecraft say i cant connect to the server i please help...: Hi yesterday I was trying to play on zeqa.net on minecraft but when i tre to join minecraft say i cant 1bc7cb38-e280-4cec-bf3b-27a0653539c5
  8. why does it say cant connect to xbox live yet all my frineds are playing online

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does it say cant connect to xbox live yet all my frineds are playing online: why cant i get on live my wife is sharing live with me and it says live is down but all my friends are online. a0b50a0d-0cfb-4089-90ef-0ec7b2132fe9
  9. i cant play online games but im connect to network, my xbox say me they are no problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant play online games but im connect to network, my xbox say me they are no problem: hi , yesterday i was disconect from xbox live during an online game, i cut xbox for the night and today when i want to play all online game says me i cant connect xbox live. i dont understand i'm...
  10. i cant play online games but im connect to network, my xbox say me they are no problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant play online games but im connect to network, my xbox say me they are no problem: hi , yesterday i was disconect from xbox live during an online game, i cut xbox for the night and today when i want to play all online game says me i cant connect xbox live. i dont understand i'm...