Saving on different harddrive?

Discus and support Saving on different harddrive? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have had biggest problem to change the harddrive I want to save xbox games in. I have bought msfs2020 before i started using xbox gamepass on my pc.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MatsN67, Mar 23, 2023.

1. MatsN67
    MatsN67 Guest

I have had biggest problem to change the harddrive I want to save xbox games in. I have bought msfs2020 before i started using xbox gamepass on my pc. When I did it wanted to save the games i downloaded from xbox on same harddrive as I have msfs2020. Due to the big amount of gb msfs2020 with all addons I wanted to save on other hardrive. I got some help here how to change it in settings and were to save new games. I changed to F: from C:. But it doesn´t save that in xbox settings. and sometimes I noticed that in the middle of downloading generation zero it stops and change back to C:

Why should it be so hard to get this working? I cancelled my subscription today and have asked for a refund. I will probably comeback when these problems are fixed. But for now it is bye bye.

Regards

Mats

:)

MatsN67, Mar 23, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good morning

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble saving your Xbox games to a different hard drive. It can be frustrating when things don't work as expected.

First, it's important to note that changing the default save location for Xbox games can sometimes be a bit tricky, especially if you have already purchased games and have saved them on your original hard drive. However, it is possible to change the default save location for future downloads.

To change the default save location for Xbox games, follow these steps:

Open the Xbox app on your PC and click on your profile picture.

Select "Settings" from the dropdown menu.

Click on "System" from the left-hand menu.

Under "Storage," click on "Change where new content is saved."

Select the new hard drive where you want your games to be saved and click "Apply."

Once you've changed the default save location, any new games you download should automatically save to the new location. However, if you have already downloaded games to your original hard drive, you may need to move them manually.

To move games to a different hard drive, follow these steps:

Open the Xbox app on your PC and click on "My Library" from the left-hand menu.

Find the game you want to move and click on it to open the game details.

Click on the three-dot menu icon and select "Manage game & add-ons."

Click on "Move" under "Installation options."

Select the new hard drive where you want to move the game and click "Move."

It's possible that your downloads are reverting back to the C: drive because you haven't moved the games that are already on that drive to the new location. Once you've moved all of your games to the new hard drive, they should stay there.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Your hard drive must be properly formatted to use GamePass games

Is your F drive a physical hard drive inside your computer, formatted with NTFS?
  4. MatsN67 Win User

Uninstalled xbox. Reinstalled and payed for a subscription again. When i pressed install the game it is the same. Switching to C: and stops at 24.2GB and it is 53.6 gb file.
  5. MatsN67 Win User

Hi. I reinstalled xboxapp and follow your steps but in the xbox app were I change what hardrive I want to use there is no (APPLY) I have done it in settings in windows and there it is saved to my F:

So, I did those steps. Changed to F: Then started do download Generation zero and in xbox app it switched back to C:

I don´t know what else I should do...

Regards

Mats
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Check the health of the hard drive you are trying to download the game to. You can do this by running a disk check in Windows. To do this, open File Explorer, right-click on the hard drive you want to check, select "Properties," click on the "Tools" tab, and then click on "Check" under the "Error checking" section. This will scan the hard drive for errors and potentially fix any issues.

Try downloading the game to a different hard drive or location on your PC to see if the issue is specific to the hard drive you are currently using.
Thema:

1. Saving on different harddrive? - Similar Threads - Saving different harddrive

2. Local save data full

in XBoX on Consoles
    Local save data full: My xbox has started giving me the message 'not enough space for save data, please clear some space and retry' I cleared the local save data from the settings menu but it is recurring every couple...
  3. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  4. Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures: Last week i wanted to save my captures to my external hard drive. instead of saving them to a specific folder within the harddrive, i had them save to the entire hard drive its self. because of...
  5. I would like to know the Xbox terms of service infringement issues related to changing save...

in XBoX on Windows
    I would like to know the Xbox terms of service infringement issues related to changing save...: I want to change some things in my games for fun (I will not use these changes in any online scenarios i.e. cheating against other players), but I want to make sure it is allowed first. I tried...
  6. New ssd, no save file

in XBoX on Consoles
    New ssd, no save file: Purchased ssd for computer, moved files to it . Now no games can get past opening screens, message varies but basically says no save file try again . Any options to fix this or is there a way to...
  7. Baldor's Gate 3 Different Issue - Other then Save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Baldor's Gate 3 Different Issue - Other then Save: I understand the save issue and have been affected by it. I still am having some fun exploring Act 1 and learning controls. However ... I received an update yesterday 12/14. Since the BG3 update,...
  8. Which on do you want to use? Save data is different on the network than the console.

in XBoX on Windows
    Which on do you want to use? Save data is different on the network than the console.: I've been getting this message everytime I start up Starfield. I ignored it the first time because I wanted to see if I could load up my save and I was able too, and have been loading my saves...
  9. I was playing rdr2 and wanted to load up a different save I loaded it up fine and then it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was playing rdr2 and wanted to load up a different save I loaded it up fine and then it...: I even loded the files to cloud and restarted console it's still not there b68dd2cb-7a1f-49fa-aec1-310af6bd885a
  10. Can I transfer xbox data (save games ect.) to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer xbox data (save games ect.) to a different Microsoft account?: I want to move my brothers xbox saves because they are on my second account and it is annoying not telling him the password. 77814312-1230-4745-b710-5d7318ff2d98