Samsung: XBox 4K TV details screen - only TV resolution is green check box

Discus and support Samsung: XBox 4K TV details screen - only TV resolution is green check box in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions): XBox 4K TV details screen - only TV resolution is green check box [img] XBox 4K TV details screen - only TV resolution is green... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by BitWise01, Dec 3, 2016.

1. BitWise01
    BitWise01 Guest

Samsung (Televisions): XBox 4K TV details screen - only TV resolution is green check box
    Samsung: XBox 4K TV details screen - only TV resolution is green check box [​IMG]

XBox 4K TV details screen - only TV resolution is green check box. Using HDMI that came with XBox One S.

Using with new Samsung 65K850D, SUHD TV.

TV did auto detect XBox on setup. XBox One S was bought first then TV last week. XBox resolution is set to auto detect, always has been.

Screen Capture attached.

Thanks for any help.

:)

BitWise01, Dec 3, 2016
  2. Troubleshooting 4K UHD Resolution on Xbox One X

I have an Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition and a Samsung 65JU7100 4K TV. Each time I try to switch the resolution from 1080p to 4K UHD, I get an error stating "That didn't work. There might be a problem displaying 4K on your TV. For more info, choose Help."
    Under 4K TV details, I have 9 green checkmarks saying my TV supports 4K and HDR. Under Advanced Video Settings, I have all boxes checked for games and apps and my TV connection is on Auto-Connect. Anyone else having issues? Xbox Assist and Xbox Support online
    do not have any guidance. I've switched HDMI cables, powered TV, console, and router off/on, tried all HDMI ports on TV.

Long story short, this setting affects the display resolution of the games and apps. While Forza 7 looks improved, I doubt it is displaying in 4K due to this setting. Youtube and Netflix are also in HD instead of 4K despite displaying in 4K through the Smart
    TV apps.

WaLD jAbL0mE519, Dec 3, 2016
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: XBOX ONE S TO SAMSUNG 4K TV CONNECTION

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: XBOX ONE S TO SAMSUNG 4K TV CONNECTION
    Can anyone help at all please?

I have a Xbox One S console set up to my new TV, my TV is a SAMSUNG 4K ULTRA HD - MODEL NUMBER: UE49MU6400UXXU

I HAVE MANAGED TO SET MY TV UP TO THE CONSOLE AND ALSO DO THE 4K SETTINGS INSIDE THE XBOX SETTINGS MENU, BUT I ONLY HAVE LIKE 3 BOXES TICKED OF IN GREEN AND THE REST IN RED SAYING NOT WORKING. I HAVE YOU TUBE VIDEOS ON THIS AND KNOW YOU HAVE TO GO TO PICTURE
    MENU ON YOUR TV AND SET IT TO THE HDMI PORT YOU ARE USING. THEN IT WILL WORK IN 4K AND ALL BOXES WILL BE TICKED OF IN GREEN IN THE XBOX SYSTEM SETTINGS.

THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS ON MY NEW TV THERE IS NO OPTION TO DO THIS UNDER PICTURE SETTINGS LIKE OTHER 4K SAMSUNG TV'S.

NO OPTION TO SELECT UNDER PICTURE SETTINGS HDMI PORT, ANYBODY COULD HELP OR HAVE SAME MODEL TV AS MINE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED PLEASE, MANY THANKS AND MUCH APPRECIATED.

RYDER MC 2018, Dec 3, 2016
  4. BulletClubKO Win User

4K HDR help

so under display settings it says

resolution: 4K HDR, 1080p, 720p,

so i pick 4K it says wait and then 10secs pass it says that didnt work. check to make sure your tv can run 4k.

so i run the "test" it asks. which is where all the green checkmarks are there, aside from Dolby Vision.

again; 65" 4K UHD Samsung TV. xbox is plugged into ARC hdmi.

samsung tv has general - external devices - uhd color output ON for hdmi 1 and 2.
  5. gwlashier Win User

Directv 4K channels limited to 1080p on Xbox One X

I am having the exact same problem with my C61K-700. In the advanced video input settings and "4K Details" my Xbox One X states that my TV supports 4K content (all the parameters pass as indicated with green checks). I bypassed the Xbox One X and connected
    my C61K-700 directly to my 4K TV and it does show up the 4K content. When connected to the XBox One X even though it passes all the checks in identifying my TV as being a compatible 4K TV, when going the the video input and resolutions setting within my C61K-700,
    the 4K option is grayed out and states your TV doesn't support 4K content. When bypassing the XBox One X, the 4K resolution isn't grayed out and I'm able to successfully check the 4K resolution and DirecTV channel 104 does display content in 4K and doesn't
    downgrade my resolution to 1080p as it does when connected to the XBox One X. I have yet to get a solution from XBox Support in resolving this issue.
  6. DaqQas Win User

When i try to put the resolution in 4k it says the tv only supports 4k at 24hz not 60hz. And when i check the details its saying it will only work for tv and movies i guess not games. I actually wanted it for the games
  7. BakyOsijekHr Win User

1440p HDR

Are you shure that your monitor is hdr compatible with Xbox dear sir? On your console try:

settings/display and sound/video output/4k tv details. Check box for hdr must be checked with green. I think that you must have 4k tv for that.

But when you set your resolution to 1440 there is no option for hdr. Xbox is doing down sampling. Read about that here

Part of the problem is the HDR setting would only be available if you can get your console to allow you to change the "Allow 4k" setting, but without using 4k resolution - may need to change from Auto-detect for display connection in video settings
    to Manual.

Maybe this helps.
  8. ArminatorX Win User

Ummm I have an Xbox one x for one reason and that’s the amazing graphics so why is my 4K resolution off

Has the 4K feature worked on your TV before?

If you just got the Xbox One X, and you never used 4K before, check if your TV properly supports 4K by going to System > Settings > Display
    & sound
    . From the Setup column, choose Video output > 4K
    TV details

If your console shows the TV does not support 4K, but you are SURE that you have a 4K TV, check the user manual for your TV.

Some TVs require you to plug in your Xbox into a specific HDMI Port, as not all HDMI ports on your TV might be 4K capable.

Also some TVs require you to turn on 4K resolution for that specific HDMI port.

If you could tell us what TV model you have (be specific. For example don't tell us "I have a Samsung TV" but tell us "I have a Samsung UE55K8765 TV"), we can try to find the user manual online and help
    you with that issue better.
Thema:

1. Samsung: XBox 4K TV details screen - only TV resolution is green check box - Similar Threads - Samsung details screen

2. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  3. Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!: No Xbox green popup on my Samsung TV QN90A with Tizen 6.0 when i get achievement. I only get notification on my Samsung phone. Hope Xbox team can update soon and i get back the green popup when i...
  4. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  5. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  6. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  7. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  8. Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay: Hello, I saw a thread on this but it is currently locked even though some are still reporting this problem up to the end of 2023. I just got a new Samsung S95C OLED, and I am definitely happy...
  9. Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv: So I signed up with ultimate game pass and I'm trying to play games on my Samsung smart TV without a gaming console but it's not letting me play games I choose 32b38545-33e2-42e8-a28a-b9afe167e9f8
  10. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...