Samsung TV turning off my week old Xbox One X on boot

Discus and support Samsung TV turning off my week old Xbox One X on boot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I thought at first I was going crazy that my one x was rebooting when turning on it get just past the chip animation and then reboot and then boot up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by N0x1an, Nov 23, 2017.

1. N0x1an
    N0x1an Guest

I thought at first I was going crazy that my one x was rebooting when turning on it get just past the chip animation and then reboot and then boot up fine.

I tried everything I could think of, directly connecting it to the wall, changing the power cord, reading forum post after forum post. And just before I was about to take it back to Best Buy to exchange it I tried troubleshooting it again.

What I found out is with my Samsung UN65MU7100FXZC tv that if I turn the xbox on and then turn on the tv, the xbox would start to boot, then the tv would turn on think the xbox was off and try to turn it on, by this time it was already partially
    booted and the tv would actually send I am guessing a CEC code and turn off the xbox, then it would detect the xbox was off and then turn it back on and it would continue to boot normally.

If I turn on the tv and let it turn on the xbox it boots fine,

if I turn on the xbox let it boot for a while then turn on the tv it works fine. (or I might set the xbox to turn on the tv when it turns on)

I just cant turn on the tv and the xbox at the same time or it will reboot after the xbox one x chip scree.

Hopefully this helps others, I sure was disappointed thinking my xbox was defective

:)

N0x1an, Nov 23, 2017
  2. No Signal with Samsung TVs

I’ve always been able to switch the console between my Samsung KU6300 and a smaller, older 720p Samsung TV, both using HDMI for connection.

However, starting a few weeks ago with the Xbox One S, i started receiving a “no signal” when connecting to the older Samsung TV. But it worked fine with the newer 4K Samsung TV. Then I got the Xbox One X and the same thing still occurred; only worked on
    the newer Samsung TV.

Today, however, I was trying to troubleshoot the Xbox One X to the older tv again. And after several failed attempts, I switched back to the newer Samsung TV, and started receiving the same “no signal” issue.

One weird caveat to this is my PC connects to the older Samsung via HDMI just fine.

Before you ask, it is not a bad HDMI cord.

I’m in the preview program, so whatever the latest update is there is the software I’m using.

Any tips or troubleshooting techniques is greatly appreciated.

Clemson Brownie, Nov 23, 2017
  3. kickflip012
    kickflip012 Guest
    Xbox keeps turning off

Sorry I haven't updated yet, but Closingracer solved my problem. It was my tv powering it off. With my old tv I had to turn on the Xbox before I could turn on the hdmi channel...with the Samsung Tv I can turn them both on at once. So basically I was turning on my Xbox with my controller while unknowingly shutting it off with the tv remote

I haven't had any problem with it for a few weeks now. So no reportable issues with my X as of now.
    Samsung TV turning off my week old Xbox One X on boot [​IMG]

kickflip012, Nov 23, 2017
  4. Zhumen-544CAF0C-D1E4 Win User

Instant on, game resume

Me too... but I having a bigger problem now with turning on my Xbox One with instant on and with TV turn on features. when everything is "off" TV and Xbox, I say "Xbox, ON" Xbox lights up but most times it keeps blinking and will not turn on my Samsung Smart
    TV and even the Kinect and Xbox won't boot up. I have to hard restart the Xbox but I still have to turn on my TV Manually, but when I do that and the Xbox calls for the TV to be Turned on it actually turns the TV off. I Never Had this Problem before.
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox turns on or off when turning tv on

My xbox turns on or off when I turn the tv on, it sends a signal to it. I don't know how to turn it off, I remember the original xbox one had an option to set up the tv like this but i can't seem to find the settings on my xbox one x, i looked
    through my tv and can't find anything on there either. I have Samsung tv, please if anyone has answer I'd appreciate it.
    do you have a kenect or is your xbox on instant on or connected to glass-wire
  6. Tboggs13 Win User

XBOX ONE turns on my TV but after a couple of seconds it turns off again

I am having a similar problem. I say "XBOX ON", the light comes on the Xbox One, the tv and stereo turn on then the Xbox One turns off. It then will only turn on by pressing the button on the front and appears to go through a full boot process. Once the
    Kinect boots, it then turns off my tv.
  7. HaoWang23rpi Win User

Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

it only happens to the Xbox X series + Samsung TV. I have Xbox one and a sony TV as well. I tried Xbox X series + Sony TV and Xbox one + Samsung TV. both work...
  8. Josh vk Win User

No option to automatically turn on/off TV?

I told the Xbox my Changhong was a Toshiba, it actually no works better than my old Samsung. Samsung would do Volume up/down/Mute and On/Off. My Changhong will do that plus TV menu/Display the settings.. Works great on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 for a $399
    50" TV.....
Thema:

1. Samsung TV turning off my week old Xbox One X on boot - Similar Threads - Samsung turning off

2. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  3. When i turn on my TV my universal samsung remote turns it on is there a way i can have the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i turn on my TV my universal samsung remote turns it on is there a way i can have the...: When i turn on my TV my universal samsung remote turns it on is there a way i can have the universal remote on but make it not turn the xbox on automatically e21fbfc3-ffcb-4286-81cb-7961b8e3e7eb
  4. Game mode turns off every 5 minutes on Samsung TV. Has anyone had this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game mode turns off every 5 minutes on Samsung TV. Has anyone had this issue?: Game mode turns off every 5 minutes on Samsung TV. Has anyone had this issue? ae858663-6613-42e8-b668-1a78ae9b0c14
  5. when i plug my xbox one s to my tv samsung smart he turn off why

in XBoX on Consoles
    when i plug my xbox one s to my tv samsung smart he turn off why: when i plug my xbox one s to my tv samsung smart he turn off why 4418616f-62f4-4cfa-93fc-d82112f42b6b
  6. Why does my Samsung universal remote turn off my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Samsung universal remote turn off my Xbox?: I have multiple TVs in my basement, and when I turn on my Samsung TVs it turns off my Xbox, and I don’t know how I’d fix it, because my Xbox is plugged into a monitor not the Samsung tv....
  7. My Xbox won’t turn with Samsung tv remote or app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox won’t turn with Samsung tv remote or app: My xbox one x was able to be turn on by samsung remote by going ove hdmi imput or app i just got series X copied all my setting and my samsung tv wont turn it on but Series X will turn off samsung...
  8. : Xbox won’t turn on my Samsung un82mu8000 tv and it can’t find the model number for the code

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox won’t turn on my Samsung un82mu8000 tv and it can’t find the model number for the code: : Xbox won’t turn on my Samsung un82mu8000 tv and it can’t find the model number for the code Xbox won’t turn on my Samsung un82mu8000 tv and can’t find the model number...
  9. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Black Screen for games when I turn on HDMI UHD Color

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: Black Screen for games when I turn on HDMI UHD Color: Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Black Screen for games when I turn on HDMI UHD Color I have a Samsung 4K UHD HDR TV - model number UN49MU7000. When I turn on the HDMI UHD Color for the port my...
  10. Xbox One Elite Console, Wont turn on Samsung sound bar, takes 2 commands to mute/volume ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Console, Wont turn on Samsung sound bar, takes 2 commands to mute/volume ...: I had a day one edition of Xbox and it used to turn my Samsung Sound Bar HW-F450 On and off when I started the console no problem. When I would tell my Xbox to turn the volume up thought I had to...