Samsung Q60A and Xbox Series X TV is showing "Check Device Power"

Discus and support Samsung Q60A and Xbox Series X TV is showing "Check Device Power" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Samsung Q60A and Xbox Series X TV is showing "Check Device Power" and the xbox light is lit up and looks like it's on, so I tried multiple HDMI ports... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JoshuaWatkins3, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Samsung Q60A and Xbox Series X TV is showing "Check Device Power"

Samsung Q60A and Xbox Series X TV is showing "Check Device Power" and the xbox light is lit up and looks like it's on, so I tried multiple HDMI ports and cables also and then even bought a new power cord and it is still showing that. I know the cable I'm trying is good and that the TV can pick up the signal because it picks up my laptop thats right next to my xbox just fine when I switch the HDMI plug from each device. Nothing shows up Xbox related when the xbox is on. Any ideas?

:)

JoshuaWatkins3, Apr 29, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, JoshuaWatkins3!

Thank you for taking the time to reply, and for the detailed explanation.

If I'm not mistaken, "Check Device Power" is just a way Samsung TVs say "Hey, I can't see your device", and it doesn't always mean that there is something wrong with a console's power supply unit. Even if there was something wrong with your console's PSU, I'd strongly advise against repairing it or replacing it yourself, as they can be rather dangerous.

Since there is no way to know exactly what is it that is not working within your console, I'm afraid I have to ask. Have you already tried resetting your console's display settings or booting it to its troubleshooting menu? my apologies if this seems like an obvious question, I just want to make sure we are not missing anything.

• "Display reset"

• If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.

• On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.

• Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console.

You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

• "Booting Xbox to the troubleshooting menu:

- Turn your console off and unplug it for 30 seconds.

- Plug your console back into the outlet.

- While the console is off, press and hold the BIND and EJECT buttons.

- Without letting go of them, press the power button once (do not hold).

- Continue holding BIND and EJECT for 15 seconds.

* The BIND button is the one used to link controllers to your console and the EJECT button is the one used to eject disc-based games.

• If these don't work, then that would confirm your console needs to be serviced. Do you know if your console is still under warranty? if your console is under warranty, repairs would be free of cost. Xbox consoles typically have a warranty period of 1 year after purchase although this may vary depending on where you live.

- If you want to check your warranty status and/or issue a repair order, click on the next link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

Once you have registered your console, click on "See details" and start a service order from the "Device coverage" section.

Note* even if your console is no longer under warranty, you could still issue a repair order from Microsoft but it would have a cost. Out-of-warranty costs can be found at: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Thank you very much for your kind words, JoshuaWatkins3! I understand how frustrating something like this can be, so please know that I appreciate you being so patient and sticking with me.

I don't how specific I can be about this but to answer your question; the answer is yes, I do receive compensation for my efforts on these forums. I can also confirm that I'm not reading from a script, these are my own words :)

Please let me know if those steps work, or if you have any other questions.
  3. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, JoshuaWatkins3!

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your console not displaying on your TV.

If it's okay, I have a few questions for you.

- Have you verified that "Input Signal Plus" is enabled for the input you are using? you can find this setting in the "External Device Manager" menu.

- Is this the first time using your console with this TV? if this is not the first time, have you recently changed your console's display settings?

- Have you already tried plugging your console into a different TV? is that something you could try? even if your TV can pick up your laptop, there could still be something wrong with its HDR support.

- Do you have any external devices plugged into your console?
  4. JoshuaWatkins3 Win User

Hi AJ,

Thank you for your response. It took me a while until I was able to try another TV, but the other TV didn't even pick up that anything was connected. I believe it was a TCL. The Samsung Q60A at least detected it, but said that i needed to power it and the console does turn on and remain on, which is odd to me, but probably makes sense to you.

In response to the other suggestions, which I do appreciate,

-I have verified that Input Signal Plus is checked on the appropriate port and tried it both on and off multiple times while turning the console on and off and variations of that.

-I have had my Xbox Series X for around 2 years now and had been using a Samsung TU7000, but switched to the Samsung Q60A about 3 or 4 months ago and have been using my Xbox on it daily. I tried resetting all the TV settings possible, tried messing with Game Mode, tried the resolution and everything else I could find. Tried multiple ports on the TV.

-Yes. I just tried hooking the console up to a newer model TCL TV and it didn't even pick up that anything was plugged in.

- Yes. I had a Seagate 4Tb storage drive hooked to it. When I read this, I tried unhooking it to see if it changed anything, but nothing happened. Initially, I had my RIG 800LX Headphone Receiver thing plugged into it, but it was unplugged shortly into troubleshooting the problem just because it was getting in the way. Since I read this, I've been trying to get it to work with just the console, new and old power cord that I bought and tried interchangeably and various HDMI cords including one that I am sure works and I'm pretty sure the others do as well, but I haven't tested them.

I'm assuming it's the power control unit (I'm not sure the proper names for the parts, as I'm no expert at all on gaming consoles) at least and maybe a fried circuit board? I was thinking of taking it to UbreakIfix and figured it would be like $300 or something. I reviewed videos of how to replace the power supply unit and that's WAY over my head and I don't have the tools let alone the technical knowledge and I noticed the part is about $100, so I figured about $200 for labor, so I'm not sure. I'm VERY open to suggestions.

Also, your reply was very knowledgeable about my situation, including knowing exactly what I was talking about with the TV and the actual options that the TV provides. Very well done. I'm VERY sad that my trusty Series X of 2 years is now under the weather, but you did a pretty awesome job with your quick reply and it wasn't just some generic garbage. It was basically everything I had read on the internet or could find to try, which was hard to find on it's own, and then something I hadn't found, so I'd say that's a pretty darn good job. Do you get paid? I see you're an independent advisor. Maybe they've left some of the customer support to individuals who just can do it when they're available and give much better advice than some random person that doesn't speak English and can only read a script? If you're not getting paid, I'd say that's a ripoff because if I didn't know this wasn't directly Microsoft, they would've gotten a lot of credit. I mean they still will for doing this, but I think it's a great idea if companies just pay random knowledgeable people around the world, who can actually help the person instead of just have them get a copy and paste reply that goes in circles.

IDK if you can comment on that or not, but thank you for your help. Can I just pay you to fix my xbox? lol
  5. HaoWang23rpi Win User

Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

it only happens to the Xbox X series + Samsung TV. I have Xbox one and a sony TV as well. I tried Xbox X series + Sony TV and Xbox one + Samsung TV. both work...
  6. JoeB7 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control any functions on screen

I have the same issue:

* the plain Xbox controller (non elite) connects via bluetooth to the TV and is recognised by the Xbox cloud app on my Samsung TV. I can use it to play games using the Samsung Xbox app.

* the brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects via bluetooth to the TV and is NOT recognised by the Xbox cloud app.

I tried several attempts deleting the pairing, re-pairing. Turn off TV on the power switch. Re-installing the Xbox app on the Samsung TV.

The result is always the same:

* The Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects successfully to the TV and is shown as Paired and Connected in the Samsung TVs feature where you add external devices.
    * But the Xbox app shows the yellow ! exclamation mark and does not recognise the Elite Controller.

I’ve paired my other non Elite standard Xbox controller now vie Bluetooth and USB, which works both.
Thema:

1. Samsung Q60A and Xbox Series X TV is showing "Check Device Power" - Similar Threads - Samsung Q60A Series

2. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  3. Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!: No Xbox green popup on my Samsung TV QN90A with Tizen 6.0 when i get achievement. I only get notification on my Samsung phone. Hope Xbox team can update soon and i get back the green popup when i...
  4. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  5. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  6. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  7. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  8. Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay: Hello, I saw a thread on this but it is currently locked even though some are still reporting this problem up to the end of 2023. I just got a new Samsung S95C OLED, and I am definitely happy...
  9. Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv: So I signed up with ultimate game pass and I'm trying to play games on my Samsung smart TV without a gaming console but it's not letting me play games I choose 32b38545-33e2-42e8-a28a-b9afe167e9f8
  10. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...