Samsung: Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 TV

Discus and support Samsung: Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 TV in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions): Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 (KS8000) TV Hello. I have found and anoying problem when watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on a... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Jose CarlosFerraz, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Samsung: Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 TV

Samsung (Televisions): Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 (KS8000) TV
    Hello.

I have found and anoying problem when watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on a KS7000 (european version of the KS8000) TV. Image seems to be too white, like having a white filter all over it. The funny thing is that when a return to the XBOX main menu and the movie
    keeps playing windowed it plays great. If I select again the blu-ray app while playing and it goes full screen the movie looks great for a second and then the white filter comes again.

My XBOX is new, with the latest updates and the config is set to 4K and the TV has game mode enabled and the HDMI configured for HDR content (set to UHD).

Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

Best regards.

:)

Jose CarlosFerraz, Jan 8, 2017
  2. Hdr washed out colors and dimmer during hdr content

Same here with a Samsung KS7000, connected with the XBOX ONE S original HDMI cable and with all the correct settings enabled (HDMI UHD Color, XBOX settings, etc.). All the HDR content like 4K HDR blu-rays or games like NBA 2K17 look like the colors are
    washed out. Everything seems dimmed, like having a white filter.

I bought XBOX ONE S to be used as a game console but also as a blu-ray player to complement my 4K HDR TV. Please Microsoft address this issue and solve it ASAP.

Thanks!!

jcferraz-[xboxvenue], Jan 8, 2017
  3. Thefvr14
    Thefvr14 Guest
    4k movie

When playing a 4k blu-ray, my xbox one x is dropping to 1080 p. I can game at 4k without problem. My TV is 4k but does not have HDR. How can I get my movies to play at the full 4k resolution.

TV is Samsung uhd8550 4k without hdr

thanks

Thefvr14, Jan 8, 2017
  4. jcferraz-[xboxvenue] Win User

Hdr washed out colors and dimmer during hdr content

Same here with a Samsung KS7000, connected with the XBOX ONE S original HDMI cable and with all the correct settings enabled (HDMI UHD Color, XBOX settings, etc.). All the HDR content like 4K HDR blu-rays or games like NBA 2K17 look like the colors are
    washed out. Everything seems dimmed, like having a white filter.

I bought XBOX ONE S to be used as a game console but also as a blu-ray player to complement my 4K HDR TV. Please Microsoft address this issue and solve it ASAP.

Thanks!!
  5. MANU85mdr Win User

Xbox Series X 4K HDR blu-ray to SDR bug

Since my TV does not support HDR, I cannot activate it and it is disabled by default.

As I really like Interstellar, it was offered to me in 4k without knowing that I do not have a 4k TV.

What I mean is Xbox series X has a very dark image with HDR blu-ray. But when I watch HDR blu-ray on my PS5 I have no problem.

I think Xbox series x is not converting HDR to SDR correctly but that the ps5 yes.

On the other hand, blu-ray 4k comes out very well on a 1080p TV.
  6. consumedsoul Win User

4k content

...and 4k blu-rays. watched BvS and Deadpool this week w/ 4k hdr - stunning.
  7. FullHornet Win User

Question about xbox a slim and screens full hd

Yes it will work but you will just not be able to watch 4k blu rays or use HDR until you upgrade your tv to one that supports both features.
  8. a MAD Dylan Win User

Xbox One S not playing all 4k blu-rays. Some work some don't.

Update:

All the discs are fine they have been checked on a 4k HDR TV on a 4k Blu-ray player (Samsung).

Then tried my Xbox One S on their TV, same problem. Some work some don't.

This tells me that it is the Xbox or the App on the Xbox is at fault.

I have gone back to Microsoft support, Jezz V. further update to come post chat.
Thema:

Samsung: Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 TV

1. Samsung: Problem watching 4K HDR Blu-ray on KS7000 TV - Similar Threads - Samsung Problem watching

2. Problems with logging in on Samsung TV to XBOX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with logging in on Samsung TV to XBOX: Hi. I bought GamePass Ultimate to play xbox games on m Samsung QE43Q65 TV. When I open Xbox App on TV and try to login I see prompt to open www.xbox.com/tvsetup and put there 8-sign code. I do as...
  3. Problem with Xbox Controller and Samsung S23 in Cloud Gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with Xbox Controller and Samsung S23 in Cloud Gaming: The triggers are not working in the Xbox Gamepass App, its like the triggers axis' are mapped on the right analog stick, and the triggers dont work at all. Outside the Xbox Game Pass App it works...
  4. Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else got problems with the Xbox App on their Samsung TV?: It looks like there has been a major refresh/update on the Xbox cloud gaming App, and it's affected the ability to select the 'play' game button. It's a shame, as the new features look great,...
  5. Hi. I have problem with xbox app on Samsung tv qn95 . I can't launch game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi. I have problem with xbox app on Samsung tv qn95 . I can't launch game.: Hi. I have problem with xbox app on Samsung tv qn95 . I can't launch game , when I trying launch game I get error : we are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL misspelled or...
  6. Streaming problem on Samsung AU8000

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming problem on Samsung AU8000: When I try to stream via wifi on a Samsung AU8000 2021 tv, I have pixelation issues, lines going through screen and even a green mask over the screen, I have usually 40mpbs speed or more.. When I...
  7. Samsung M5 2022 VIDEO problem with XCLOUD on XBOX APP

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung M5 2022 VIDEO problem with XCLOUD on XBOX APP: Hello guys, I bought this tv yesterday and everything went smooth, but when i try to launch XBOX app for XCLOUD streaming the games will start properly, but screen goes black after the "XBOX"...
  8. Problem connecting Xbox 360 E via HDMI to Samsung TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem connecting Xbox 360 E via HDMI to Samsung TV: Hi everyone. I recently bought a second-hand Xbox 360 E because my old 360 definitely died. The fact is that when I connected it to my 43 '' Samsung TV (Model UE43EU7025KXXC) it did not detect it....
  9. Problem with Microsoft Solitare Collection on my Samsung Tablet

in XBoX on Mobile
    Problem with Microsoft Solitare Collection on my Samsung Tablet: I cannot change user accounts on my tablet. I have to uninstall and reinstall. I have had this problem since May and have sent four emails with no answers from Microsoft. I know they got my...
  10. Samsung A20 and xbox360. Hotspot problem.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Samsung A20 and xbox360. Hotspot problem.: I try to connect my hotspot and the Xbox360 read the phone but fail to connect. I connect an iphone x, moto e6, lg stylo4 and all connect but the A20 Samsung no. And i do not know what to do....