Samsung HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and...

Discus and support Samsung HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and... in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers) HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950 Troubleshoot... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by CARLTIFFIN, Mar 19, 2019.

1. CARLTIFFIN
    CARLTIFFIN Guest

Samsung HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and...

Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers) HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950
    Troubleshoot settings

In-game audio issues when using Dolby Atmos:

If you experience audio problems when you’re using Dolby Atmos, try turning it off:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select System >Settings.
    2. Select Display & sound, then from the headset audio options, select
      Stereo Uncompressed.
    Frozen speaker settings after you disconnect a Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos headset:

In most cases, disconnecting or turning off a headset/device configured for spatial audio (Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos) will return the speakers to their previous audio settings. However, certain hardware—such as wireless headsets using an intelligent transceiver
    plugged into USB—might still show the headset is connected even after it’s disconnected or turned off.

Unplug the headset or the headset component attached to the Xbox. This should immediately return the speakers to their previous configuration without changing the headset or speaker audio settings. Plugging the headset or the headset component back in should
    restore the headset format you’ve chosen.

If you’re still having problems getting Dolby Atmos to work on Xbox One, check the headset/speakers manufacturer’s website for more info.

Let us know with a reply how it goes!

:)

CARLTIFFIN, Mar 19, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950

Hi there,

This is something the Xbox Insider team has been looking at within the Xbox Insider Program. I recommend reporting this issue directly to them through the reporting feature on the Xbox One. You simply just need to have the Xbox Insider Hub app downloaded
    and then the option to Report a problem will be displayed in the power menu when you hold down the Xbox button.

More information can be found here:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem
  3. XBF George L Win User

Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950

Troubleshoot settings

In-game audio issues when using Dolby Atmos:

If you experience audio problems when you’re using Dolby Atmos, try turning it off:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select System >Settings.
    2. Select Display & sound, then from the headset audio options, select
      Stereo Uncompressed.
    Frozen speaker settings after you disconnect a Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos headset:

In most cases, disconnecting or turning off a headset/device configured for spatial audio (Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos) will return the speakers to their previous audio settings. However, certain hardware—such as wireless headsets using an intelligent transceiver
    plugged into USB—might still show the headset is connected even after it’s disconnected or turned off.

Unplug the headset or the headset component attached to the Xbox. This should immediately return the speakers to their previous configuration without changing the headset or speaker audio settings. Plugging the headset or the headset component back in should
    restore the headset format you’ve chosen.

If you’re still having problems getting Dolby Atmos to work on Xbox One, check the headset/speakers manufacturer’s website for more info.

Let us know with a reply how it goes!
  4. bladerunnin Win User

I personally reported this issue through the reporting feature on the Xbox One over a year ago. I was connected with a [Mod Removed] who took the details of my complaint and responded to a couple emails, but then ghosted me and stopped replying
    to my increasingly annoyed email reminders....until I just stopped trying.

So here we are more than a year later, after multiple dashboard updates....and it is STILL not possible to use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with a headset + basestation plugged in. THIS IS A BIG
    [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] DEAL. You cannot expect users to unplug their headset basestation every time they want to enable Dolby Atmos for HT. How do you charge the headset in this scenario? The solution seems simple to me...if the headset
    is turned off, Dobly Atmos for HT should be available. It should not matter that the basestation is plugged in, as long as the headset is powered off (therefore optical audio is turned off). Right??

Microsoft promotes both the Astro A50 and the Turtle Beach Elite 800X headsets as expressly compatible and fully wireless with the Xbox One. They're even green and use the Xbox logo on their packaging. Both of these headsets retail for $250-$300 (I know
    because I have bought both of them hoping to resolve this issue). Yet neither of them can stay connected to my Xbox if I hope/plan to use Atmos (which I use 24/7....I never turn it off). So both pairs are collecting dust next to my Xbox while I cross my fingers
    that this seemingly simple issue is resolved soon.

Can you understand how this would be deeply frustrating? What do you suggest for next steps? I've been considering buying a gaming PC or PS4 and leaving the Xbox ecosystem entirely. I'm all ears.
  5. XBF Ruben D Win User

: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and the Samsung HW-N950

Hello,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread.
    We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues on your own thread.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
  6. Lord C Vandingo Win User

I really think the Xbox team need sto take a look at the sound settings on Xbox One X .

Not only am i having problems selecting Atmos but also if I choose DTS the selection wong stay there and will change back to its previous choice once i leave the menu. This doesn’t happen on my PS4 which is connected to the same AV equipment via HDMI.

So thats Sky Q & a Playstation 4 pro both having no issues with same connections and equipment as Xbox One X.
Thema:

1. Samsung HWD450: Xbox Dolby Atmos on Samsung HW-N950 not working but it works with Sky Q and... - Similar Threads - Samsung HWD450 Dolby

2. Issues with my SAMSUNG LU32J590UQPXXU

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with my SAMSUNG LU32J590UQPXXU: I have a SAMSUNG LU32J590UQPXXU monitor hooked up to my Xbox Series X. It's a 4K gaming monitor and yet the Xbox is telling me it doesn't support 4K or any of the benefits that come with that. I...
  3. Why can't I install minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 even though I do all the comon ways...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 even though I do all the comon ways...: I can't get minecraft on my Samsung galaxy A14 but it gives me an error every time and I have tried all the common was to fix it but it won't work fa98b81c-b4fd-4be3-be0e-1ee1f5b028e3
  4. Anyone experiencing issues with Samsung tv could gaming?.

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone experiencing issues with Samsung tv could gaming?.: I can't play any game, the play button does nothing when clicked besides a bip. It does not matter how many times I hit the button on the remote over the play button, it only bips. submitted by...
  5. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  6. Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!: No Xbox green popup on my Samsung TV QN90A with Tizen 6.0 when i get achievement. I only get notification on my Samsung phone. Hope Xbox team can update soon and i get back the green popup when i...
  7. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  8. Samsung HWD450: Cable box lag

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HWD450: Cable box lag: Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers) HWD450: Cable box lag Just for testing purposes: Can you connect your cable box directly to your TV? Does the sound still lag with the cable box directly...
  9. Samsung HWD450: Ever since the November update I have audio setting problem

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HWD450: Ever since the November update I have audio setting problem: Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers) HWD450: Ever since the November update I have audio setting problem Hey Worf, Thanks for reaching out! We'll try our best to get this sorted out for you. Since you...
  10. Samsung HWD450: My monitor doesn't workt

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Samsung HWD450: My monitor doesn't workt: Samsung (Audio/Video Receivers) HWD450: My monitor doesn't workt Does your TV show just a blank screen when the console is on or does your TV report that there is no signal found? This page...