Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines Hi there , Thanks for the reply. In reference to the... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Skier7667, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Skier7667
    Skier7667 Guest

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines
    I'll try these steps over the weekend.

:)

Skier7667, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Frank Nitty-24DE64E5 Win User

Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines

You may want to enable YCC 4:2:2. This will alleviate banding on many displays.

Go to System > Settings > Display & Sound > Video Output > Advanced > Video Modes > and check 'Allow YCC 4:2:2'
  3. SoAnnoying Win User

Hello Skier7667,

After reading your post and this tread I decided to check and do some trouble-shooting of my own. Why? Because I too have an Xbox One X connected to an Samsung 4K TV and I wanted to see what was going
    on. While, it may not be as nice as your QLED, it is a Samsung UN50MU600 4K UHD LED TV, and I am using the High Speed HDMI cable that came with my XOX. At first, I would have to say I have never noticed any kind of vertical banding like what is shown in the
    pictures you posted. However, after a closer examination I did see the vertical banding. But, this is where things get interesting. I only see the banding after I boot the Xbox up and before I sign in.... After I'm logged into the Xbox I do not see any vertical
    banding with or without the menus being displayed. This leads me to believe that since the banding seems to disappear after I'm logged in the issue maybe connected to Xbox settings...? Also, I noticed that this vertical banding (before I signed in) was only
    associated with the background and not with any of the actual images being displayed. But, again, I saw no vertical banding after I was signed in....

Now, it is true that I did have to go through a lot of settings on both my Xbox One X and the Samsung 4K TV before I had any confidence that things were
    digitally glued together correctly. In the cast of my Samsung TV, some of the settings are buried in different menus and can inter-lock with settings in other menus. However, my Samsung TV is smart enough to know that it is connected to my XOX through
    the HDMI cable. Indeed, this is where the Xbox One X can help to make sure things are set up right. If you haven't already, may I suggest you go to System =>Settings =>Display & sound =>Video output =>Setup =>4K TV details. There it should say "Your TV supports
    4K" and display a list of green check marks by the things your Xbox can confirm about what your TV can support. If you don't see a green check mark for something than maybe a setting in the TV still needs to be changed.

As far as my current Xbox settings:

System =>Settings =>Display & sound =>Video output: Display = Resolution 4K UHD.

System =>Settings =>Display & sound =>Video output =>Advanced =>Video modes, make sure both "Allow 4K" and "Allow HDR10" are checked, the other settings are optional, but I have 50Hz and 24Hz checked.

System =>Settings =>Display & sound =>Video output =>Advanced =>Video fidelity & overscan, <IMPORTANT> Display = Overrides Auto-detect (Recommended), Video fidelity = Color depth 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) [Why? Because remember those
    green check marks...? My Xbox told me that my Samsung TV supported "10-bit at..."], Video fidelity = Color space Standard (Recommended), Overscan border "App can add a border" checked.

There's one more thing you may want to do, go through the step-by-step "Calibrate TV" in the System =>Settings =>Display & sound =>Video output =>Setup menu. This will make sure all of your Samsung TV
    levels are optimized for the Xbox output.

For the final test, may I recommend that you download and run the free Microsoft App/Game "Insects: An Xbox One X Enhanced Experience" on your Xbox. It does take a little time to load up. But, it's a
    real-time 4K demo running on the Unreal graphics engine, and will allow you to double check that the 4K and HDR are working correctly. And on your Samsung 4K QLED TV it should look gorgeous !

Hope this helps.

Good luck and good gaming.

SA
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi
    Skier7667

The vertical banding you see is actually a pretty common thing with LED TV's and a natural result when the display is showing dark grey colors in the background. I have similar banding on an LG OLED TV I own and the Xbox One X set to 4K UHD and the same
    banding will show up against the dark background of the notification bar when the console dims from inactivity. While it can be annoying, it's hardly visible and not harming your TV or console in anyway. If the banding intensifies and becomes more visible,
    then you may want to look into if your TV can be factory reset.
  5. Skier7667 Win User

check the hdmi
    Can you elaborate - Do you mean check the HDMI option in display settings on the Xbox?

Xbox One X - Checked 4K

I have already tried checking the option to select between Auto Select - HDMI or DVI. I've selected HYDMI and then the highest resolution you can select is 1080p.

That still resulted in the same banding issue Plus on the Xbox One X, you begin to get Yellow and Red warnings that your TV is not supporting HDR, 4K, various resolutions, etc. The goal is to have 4K and HDR Enabled to get the most out of the Xbox One X
    and the TV.
  6. Skier7667 Win User

Hi there ,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to the troubleshooting provided, We would like to isolate the issue from either the consoles video performance or the TV video output.

Try the following troubleshooting:

1. Try a different HDMI cable
    2. Soft Factory Reset - Keep Games and Apps
      • Please note before doing this troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email and passwords for your Xbox profiles.
    3. Troubleshoot the console on another TV (test the video performance of the console)

If the issue persists on the Samsung TV, I recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer for added assistance.

Try this out and let us know the results.
    I'll try these steps over the weekend.

Tried a different HDMI cable than the one that came with the Xbox One X - no difference

Did a Soft Factory Reset, keeping the games & apps - no difference

I also have an Xbox One that is connected to a 75" Visio - I can see the horizontal bands on that Xbox also

Leads me to believe, it is not isolated to the Samsung TV since it’s visible using different console on different TV’s

This is noticeable on the Xbox navigational screens with fixed backgrounds. So it is not prevalent on just my Xbox One X, since it can be detected on an regular Xbox One that doesn’t have 4K/HDR capability and a different TV. I
    guess once you notice it, it’s easier to detect since you know what you are looking for.

Plus when you enable the setting on either Xbox to show things when screen is idle after it has dimmed (an Xbox setting in Preferences) you then start to detect this moving left to right vertical bands, scanning across. If I disable
    that option to show things when idle than there are no moving vertical bands, just the horizontal striations. I have taken multiple camera screen shots of this experience so you can see exactly what I'm referring to. You'll notice that the last two pics that
    are darker, is because the Xbox One X has dimmed the screen after 2 minutes. Yet, the issue is still visible.

I've even have tried different background profile colors besides green, they all behave the same.

There you have it!

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox One X & Samsung TV - Wide Vertical Scrolling Lines - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS Samsung

2. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  3. Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!: No Xbox green popup on my Samsung TV QN90A with Tizen 6.0 when i get achievement. I only get notification on my Samsung phone. Hope Xbox team can update soon and i get back the green popup when i...
  4. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  5. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  6. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  7. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  8. Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay: Hello, I saw a thread on this but it is currently locked even though some are still reporting this problem up to the end of 2023. I just got a new Samsung S95C OLED, and I am definitely happy...
  9. Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv: So I signed up with ultimate game pass and I'm trying to play games on my Samsung smart TV without a gaming console but it's not letting me play games I choose 32b38545-33e2-42e8-a28a-b9afe167e9f8
  10. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...