Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing Thanks for the above replies - will definitely try this tonight... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by SiggySagar, Dec 23, 2018.

1. SiggySagar
    SiggySagar Guest

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing
    Thanks for the above replies - will definitely try this tonight when I get home from work. Cheers!

:)

SiggySagar, Dec 23, 2018
  2. skylaar Win User

I ran into the same issue as JCON1006. I got a new TV and still used the previous cable (which came with the old TV) and had similar picture issues. I did not realize there was a difference in HDMI cables. I swapped to the new cable that came with the
    new TV and it was like a night and day difference.
  3. LocalDeadboy420 Win User

Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing

I bought the same tv and my 4k is looking great. Maybe try the 4k troubleshooting on the xbox site, it has good info
  4. Frathos Win User

You may have to adjust settings on your Samsung TV. I use Game mode for the HDMI input I use with my Xbox One. Open Samsung Settings - Picture and select Expert Settings. Scroll down to HDMI UHD Color, press enter (center button on remote) then select HDMI
    input for your Xbox One and set it to On if you want 4K support.

Make sure that Sharpness isn't set to high...I use 25 on my KS8000. HDMI Black Level should probably be on Low or Auto otherwise the display may appear to be washed out (more gray than black). Dynamic Contrast is set to High (or OFF) as the other two settings
    also are a bit more washed out. I leave the TV on Color Space Native and Color Tone Standard.

Good luck!
  5. At the Nozzle Win User

Hey SiggySagur,

Check these settings:

Here's how to change the screen resolution, color depth, and color space settings for an HDTV or monitor that's connected to an Xbox One console by an HDMI cable.

Screen resolution

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Under Display & sound, select Video output.
    5. Select TV resolution.
    6. Select the appropriate screen resolution for your TV or monitor.
    Note The Xbox One console supports screen resolutions of 720p and 1080p.

Color depth

2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    5. Select Color depth.
    6. Select the option that works best for your HDTV or monitor.
    Color depth is how much color information per pixel is sent to the TV or monitor.

Note Color depth of 30 bits per pixel (bpp) or higher is known as "deep color." Not all HDTVs accept deep color information.

Color space

2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    5. Select Color space.
    6. Select the option appropriate for your TV or monitor:
      • Standard (recommended) – The optimal reference level. It should work for all displays.
      • PC RGB – Recommended only if you're using a PC monitor and colors from the "Standard" setting don't look good.
      If those do not work, contact
      Xbox Support
      for further assistance!
    Best,

Nozzle :)
  6. baltyofgod Win User

You should configure your xbox to the tv you have put.
Thema:

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Samsung 8000series 4K UHD TV and XBOX One viewing - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS Samsung

2. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  3. Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!: No Xbox green popup on my Samsung TV QN90A with Tizen 6.0 when i get achievement. I only get notification on my Samsung phone. Hope Xbox team can update soon and i get back the green popup when i...
  4. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  5. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  6. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  7. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  8. Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay: Hello, I saw a thread on this but it is currently locked even though some are still reporting this problem up to the end of 2023. I just got a new Samsung S95C OLED, and I am definitely happy...
  9. Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv: So I signed up with ultimate game pass and I'm trying to play games on my Samsung smart TV without a gaming console but it's not letting me play games I choose 32b38545-33e2-42e8-a28a-b9afe167e9f8
  10. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...