Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor Glad to see the issue may have been the... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by BeanTaco, Jan 29, 2019.

1. BeanTaco
    BeanTaco Guest

Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor
    Glad to see the issue may have been the incorrect HDMI port! Glad we could help!

:)

BeanTaco, Jan 29, 2019
  2. TNG Topnotch Win User

Glad to see the issue may have been the incorrect HDMI port! Glad we could help!
  3. TNG Topnotch Win User

How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor

Thank you for reaching out BeanTaco

Freesync should work over HDMI when connected to that monitor. Have you tried going to settings on the Xbox One X and try changing the settings there?

Also, some TV's and monitors support 4K only one certain ports, you may want to refer to the manual for the TV to see if that is the case.

Thank you,

zTOPN0TCHz
  4. BeanTaco Win User

Thanks guy!

I switched to the correct HDMI on my Game Monitor and that I can enable game mode.

I dont think Fast Sync will work unless its hooked to a computer and I am using it as an Xbox Monitor only.

According to Xbox not getting 4K still.

I think because i didnt originally download the 4k version for Black Ops 4. Took disc out and put back in. HOW do I download 4k content now for Black ops 4?
  5. Joc Holliday Win User

Most 4k TV/Monitors have 2k Computability mode enabled by default.

That's due to most devices truly doesn't support 4k yet. You have to go to the user manual of the monitor and see how to enable the HDMI Port for 4k.

Check the picture settings
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

For Samsung TVs, to enable the UHD for an HDMI port, you will have to go to (on the TV) to Settings > General > External Device Manager > HDMI UHD Color > Enable it for your HDMI port. Reboot the xbox and see if your xbox detects it as 4k UHD Now.

I would also enable game mode on the External Device Manager page so that you have less input lag.
Thema:

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to setup Xbox One X with a Samsung U32J590UQN 32-Inch 4K UHD Monitor - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS setup

2. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  3. Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!: No Xbox green popup on my Samsung TV QN90A with Tizen 6.0 when i get achievement. I only get notification on my Samsung phone. Hope Xbox team can update soon and i get back the green popup when i...
  4. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  5. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  6. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  7. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  8. Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay: Hello, I saw a thread on this but it is currently locked even though some are still reporting this problem up to the end of 2023. I just got a new Samsung S95C OLED, and I am definitely happy...
  9. Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv: So I signed up with ultimate game pass and I'm trying to play games on my Samsung smart TV without a gaming console but it's not letting me play games I choose 32b38545-33e2-42e8-a28a-b9afe167e9f8
  10. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...