Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to Set Up a Samsung 4K TV for XBox One X

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to Set Up a Samsung 4K TV for XBox One X in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: How to Set Up a Samsung 4K TV for XBox One X Hi there, I have my Samsung TV set to Dynamic Picture mode, All... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Gimme FU3L, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Gimme FU3L
    Gimme FU3L Guest

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: How to Set Up a Samsung 4K TV for XBox One X
    Hi there,

I have my Samsung TV set to Dynamic Picture mode, All special viewing modes off and in the Expert Settings the following:

HDMI Black Level - Auto

Dynamic Contrast - High

HDMI UHD Color - On

Digital Clean View - Auto

Auto Motion Plus - Auto

That should give you a start. Play around with the settings and see what works for you.

One thing to watch, if you set it that the TV turns on when the console powers on, even if you turn it off, it will still power on if the TV is set to the console input when the console is off. I get around it by always making sure I leave the TV on the
    cable input and not changing inputs until r the console is powered on.

-edit- for clarification- if the TV is set to power the console on when the TV is powered on, that is when the TV will power the console off if it's left on the console input. Either don't set the TV to control the console, or always remember to change inputs
    before powering the TV off.

:)

Gimme FU3L, Nov 25, 2018
  2. dnb nick
    dnb nick Guest
    Samsung HG40EA790MS: TV and xbox x

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: TV and xbox x
    whilst it isn't QLED you won't be disappointed, just make sure you use HDMI1 as that will be dedicated for 4k and also turn on HDR+ mode in picture settings.

dnb nick, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X monitor I need Advice

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Xbox one X monitor I need Advice
    as far as monitors...there arent any but for 2018 there will be otherwise any 4k tv will do...the sony e900x was top rated for the system

Rekt Innit yo, Nov 25, 2018
  4. WhiteyBlack2
    WhiteyBlack2 Guest

WhiteyBlack2, Nov 25, 2018
  5. Hi there,

I have my Samsung TV set to Dynamic Picture mode, All special viewing modes off and in the Expert Settings the following:

HDMI Black Level - Auto

Dynamic Contrast - High

HDMI UHD Color - On

Auto Motion Plus - Auto

That should give you a start. Play around with the settings and see what works for you.

One thing to watch, if you set it that the TV turns on when the console powers on, even if you turn it off, it will still power on if the TV is set to the console input when the console is off. I get around it by always making sure I leave the TV on the

-edit- for clarification- if the TV is set to power the console on when the TV is powered on, that is when the TV will power the console off if it's left on the console input. Either don't set the TV to control the console, or always remember to change inputs

Mistress Sara, Nov 6, 2018
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

Hi there,

HDMI Black Level - Auto

Dynamic Contrast - High

HDMI UHD Color - On

Auto Motion Plus - Auto

7. Njal the Blue Win User

4kHDR

My Xbox One X certainly puts out 4K HDR to my Samsung 4K TV. Not sure why you are fishing.
  8. Christyna64 Win User

Best TV for XBOX ONE X

The LG UHD 4K TVs are really nice and capable of running 4K for the Xbox One X. They are a little more affordable compared to Samsung.
  9. bush5150 Win User

Issues with 4K HDR

I can say that my Samsung 4K UHD needed to have 4k activated in the HDMI settings of the TV. Also not all HDMI ports on all 4K TV's are capable of 4K.
    That is correct, my Xbox is hooked up to HDMI port 1, which is often the only 4K HDR port (according to the Xbox One X user manual).
  10. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox one x black screen

Which Samsung 4k TV, my MU8000 was a nightmare with my Xbox One X but it got tolerable when I updated the TV firmware.
Thema:

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: How to Set Up a Samsung 4K TV for XBox One X - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS Set

2. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  3. Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!: No Xbox green popup on my Samsung TV QN90A with Tizen 6.0 when i get achievement. I only get notification on my Samsung phone. Hope Xbox team can update soon and i get back the green popup when i...
  4. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  5. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  6. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  7. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  8. Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay: Hello, I saw a thread on this but it is currently locked even though some are still reporting this problem up to the end of 2023. I just got a new Samsung S95C OLED, and I am definitely happy...
  9. Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv: So I signed up with ultimate game pass and I'm trying to play games on my Samsung smart TV without a gaming console but it's not letting me play games I choose 32b38545-33e2-42e8-a28a-b9afe167e9f8
  10. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...