Samsung HG40EA790MS: FreeSync issue on Samsung Q7FN TV

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: FreeSync issue on Samsung Q7FN TV in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: FreeSync issue on Samsung Q7FN TV Hey Paul! Not a resolution problem but a VRR/FreeSync issue. The XboxOneX detects... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by OneScaryNerd, Nov 30, 2018.

1. OneScaryNerd
    OneScaryNerd Guest

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: FreeSync issue on Samsung Q7FN TV
    Hey Paul!

Not a resolution problem but a VRR/FreeSync issue. The XboxOneX detects my TV and enables Automatic Game mode and VRR/FreeSync. But I'm seeing these rolling bars. I can turn off VRR/FreeSync on both 1440p@120Hz and 4K@60Hz and the problem is gone.

So it's a VRR/FreeSync issue. I'm seeing on YouTube others demonstrating this new TV with these gaming features with XboxOneX and all of them have rolling bars. Some say they cant see it and that it can only bee seen when watching a recording because of
    the refresh rate. But I can clearly see it.

So either I have some super eyes. Or there's something wrong somewhere or others claiming they cant see it haven't noticed it yet. An example of that is clouding on LCD TV's. People I know dont know what that is until I explain it and show it on their TV's.
    Then they see it all the time suddenly....

:)

OneScaryNerd, Nov 30, 2018
  2. GreenHawk84
    GreenHawk84 Guest
    Xbox One X Freesync Horizontal Lines

Hello, I just gamed for a while today on my new Samsung Q7FN and noticed horizontal lines scrolling from bottom to top with Freesync (variable refresh) enabled. This TV does have the setting as Ultimate available in the Samsung menu. When I turn the setting
    off in the Xbox menu, the lines go away. I tried using another HDMI cable, but it did not work. I tried plugging the Xbox One direct into the wall outlet instead of the surge protector, but it did not work.

Has anyone experienced this issue with Freesync and Xbox One X?

GreenHawk84, Nov 30, 2018
  3. ESTAG23
    ESTAG23 Guest
    Freesync 120hz

I have a samsung q8fn which supports freesync and 120hz at 1080p and 1440p but i am unable to get freesync to work when selecting 120hz. It lets me choose both options on the xbox but when I check the tv it doesn't show freesync working. It only displays
    freesync on the tv if i set the xbox to 60hz. Does anyone have both freesync and 120hz working with any of the samsung q series tv's?

ESTAG23, Nov 30, 2018
  4. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, it sounds like you're experiencing an issue with certain resolutions on your television while using the Xbox One X. What I recommend doing is to check on this article with troubleshooting

4k gaming on the Xbox One X.
    As well can you verify that the Xbox One X is plugged into HDMI one on your television? Please let us know how it goes.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Nov 30, 2018
  5. OneScaryNerd
    OneScaryNerd Guest
    Hey Paul!

Not a resolution problem but a VRR/FreeSync issue. The XboxOneX detects my TV and enables Automatic Game mode and VRR/FreeSync. But I'm seeing these rolling bars. I can turn off VRR/FreeSync on both 1440p@120Hz and 4K@60Hz and the problem is gone.

So it's a VRR/FreeSync issue. I'm seeing on YouTube others demonstrating this new TV with these gaming features with XboxOneX and all of them have rolling bars. Some say they cant see it and that it can only bee seen when watching a recording because of

So either I have some super eyes. Or there's something wrong somewhere or others claiming they cant see it haven't noticed it yet. An example of that is clouding on LCD TV's. People I know dont know what that is until I explain it and show it on their TV's.

OneScaryNerd, Nov 6, 2018
  6. OneScaryNerd Win User

Hey Paul!

7. XBF Paul M Win User

FreeSync issue on Samsung Q7FN TV

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, it sounds like you're experiencing an issue with certain resolutions on your television while using the Xbox One X. What I recommend doing is to check on this article with troubleshooting

4k gaming on the Xbox One X.
    As well can you verify that the Xbox One X is plugged into HDMI one on your television? Please let us know how it goes.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  8. Echo4Ent Win User

FreeSync 120hz

Currently Samsung Q8FN (and Q7F, Q9F) TVs only support 120Hz Freesync at 1080P. For more info, see the news article here.

There are some very detailed in depth 3rd party testing results of this TV series here.

Scroll down about half way to see the Variable Refresh Rates section.

Bottom line 1080p will get you 120Hz Freesync, 1440p or 4K will only get 60Hz Freesync.
  9. XBF George L Win User

Samsung HG40EA790MS: HDR problem with Samsung TV !

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with HDR on your Samsung TV. I recommend you communicate with the manufacturer of the TV itself to get more information about their device. You can also
    take a look at this helpful support article: Troubleshooting 4K and HDR on Xbox One X and Xbox One S.

Let us know how it goes with a reply.
  10. GreenHawk84 Win User

Xbox One X Freesync Horizontal Lines

Small update, it appears when I select 1440p and 120Hz in the Xbox menu the problem goes away with Freesync enabled. Perhaps there is a conflict with 4K and 60Hz with Freesync on the Samsung TV.
Thema:

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: FreeSync issue on Samsung Q7FN TV - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS FreeSync

2. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  3. Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!: No Xbox green popup on my Samsung TV QN90A with Tizen 6.0 when i get achievement. I only get notification on my Samsung phone. Hope Xbox team can update soon and i get back the green popup when i...
  4. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  5. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  6. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  7. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  8. Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay: Hello, I saw a thread on this but it is currently locked even though some are still reporting this problem up to the end of 2023. I just got a new Samsung S95C OLED, and I am definitely happy...
  9. Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv: So I signed up with ultimate game pass and I'm trying to play games on my Samsung smart TV without a gaming console but it's not letting me play games I choose 32b38545-33e2-42e8-a28a-b9afe167e9f8
  10. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tv with freesync

2. samsung tv freesync issues

3. samsung supports freesync but not vrr?