Samsung HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz Okay awesome! That makes sense; the Hz settings are used when indicated, kind of like an insurance... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by TheChivalrous77, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz
    Okay awesome! That makes sense; the Hz settings are used when indicated, kind of like an insurance to make sure everything plays-back correctly. And I’ve been told 50hz isn’t even used in the U.S so I guess I don’t even need to worry about that one.

thanks for your help!

:)

TheChivalrous77, Jan 4, 2020
  2. TheChivalrous77 Win User

Okay awesome! That makes sense; the Hz settings are used when indicated, kind of like an insurance to make sure everything plays-back correctly. And I’ve been told 50hz isn’t even used in the U.S so I guess I don’t even need to worry about that one.

thanks for your help!
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Samsung HG40EA790MS: Allow 50hz/24hz on or off?

Hi,

The days of U.S NTSC 60Hhz European and PAL 60 are long behind when it comes to gaming on the the Xbox One console. All games on Xbox One support 60Hhz refresh, regardless of which country/region you are from. Indeed, there is no such standard anyway with
    HDMI.

The allow 50Hz is for video playback. This is a standard refresh rate in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, and many places in Asia. This so you if you are in one those territories and hook up a set top box to the HDMI in on the console, the signal
    will play correctly on the TV.

Allow 24Hz. This is mainly for playback of movies on Blu-ray or DVD as 24Hz is the natural frame rate for this content.

As already stated, the above is for video playback, either on a DVD/Blu-ray, HDMI pass-thru or a external video computer file. These settings are there to insure video plays correctly, it does not affect games.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Enable 50hz/24hz

Hi,

The 50hz and 24hz are for TV and Blu-ray/DVD playback only. With these enabled, the console will automatically switch to these modes if your content is designed to play at that refresh rate.

It does this to provide smooth playback. For example, movies are typically shot at 24 frames per second, if you play back a 24 fps video on a display running at 60hz, or 60 frames per second, it won't look right, you'll get a horrid 'judder effect' and the
    audio will be out of sync with the video. The 24hz setting corrects this, so you should get seamless playback, no judder and audio in perfect sync.

Games always use the 60hz mode. Leave them checked.
  5. Kobra Kahn Win User

Enable 50hz/24hz

Hi TheChivalrous77

When plugging in your XBOX One X to your TV, most setting are automatically detected based on the TV, the HDMI port and many other factors. Video and Movie HZ boxes do not affect your gaming experience. Please check and ensure that the boxes for the desired
    HZ next to the gaming options are checked to ensure the highest possible experience when you are gaming.

Please note that some games may not support the higher settings.

tl;dr - The check boxes under Video & Movie playback hz options do not affect your gaming experience.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Enable 50hz/24hz

If the settings are enabled for Video and move playback then your game performance should not be affected.
Thema:

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Enable 50hz/24hz - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS Enable

2. Bug Achievements Samsung TV

in XboX Insiders
    Bug Achievements Samsung TV: The green pop up not show up on my Samsung TV QN90A from Sweden in Xcloud when i get achievement. I must often reset my Samsung TV QN90A often with latest update to Xcloud. Please resolve the bug....
  3. Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Update now for Samsung TV!!!!!!!: No Xbox green popup on my Samsung TV QN90A with Tizen 6.0 when i get achievement. I only get notification on my Samsung phone. Hope Xbox team can update soon and i get back the green popup when i...
  4. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  5. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  6. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  7. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  8. Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay: Hello, I saw a thread on this but it is currently locked even though some are still reporting this problem up to the end of 2023. I just got a new Samsung S95C OLED, and I am definitely happy...
  9. Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv: So I signed up with ultimate game pass and I'm trying to play games on my Samsung smart TV without a gaming console but it's not letting me play games I choose 32b38545-33e2-42e8-a28a-b9afe167e9f8
  10. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...