Samsung HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever

Discus and support Samsung HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever HI Sandy, Yes, I've tried switching ports on the receiver and even... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by JasonNaparalla, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever

Samsung (Televisions) HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever
    HI Sandy,

Yes, I've tried switching ports on the receiver and even swapped the cables out. There are 7 HDMI inputs in the receiver, so yea, the PS4 is connected at the same time, obviously I switch the input to switch consoles, however. The TV is odd though and
    will autodetect a PS4 is hooked up through the HDMI 1 on the TV (which is where the receivers cable is connected to). I don't like hooking up the game consoles directly to the TV, since I have true Dolby ATMOS 7.2.4. Using ARC I only get compressed audio.

:)

JasonNaparalla, Jan 5, 2020
  2. JasonNaparalla Win User

HI Sandy,

Yes, I've tried switching ports on the receiver and even swapped the cables out. There are 7 HDMI inputs in the receiver, so yea, the PS4 is connected at the same time, obviously I switch the input to switch consoles, however. The TV is odd though and
    will autodetect a PS4 is hooked up through the HDMI 1 on the TV (which is where the receivers cable is connected to). I don't like hooking up the game consoles directly to the TV, since I have true Dolby ATMOS 7.2.4. Using ARC I only get compressed audio.
  3. Chargersbride Win User

Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever

Xbox settings > display & sound > video output > video modes > then make sure that "Allow auto low-latency mode" is on by having the box check marked.
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever

Sounds more like an issue with receiver software/settings than xbox's output, especially if it works fine with direct connection, but not while through the receiver, despite the ps4 functioning fine

Is the ps4 connected at same time as xbox via another hdmi port? If so, does the issue still occur if you swap the inputs, ie, plug xbox into port that the ps4 currently occupies?
  5. Lord C Vandingo Win User

Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

The Xbox is able to recognise the Dolby Atmos capability on the soundbar if connected directly .

However FreeSync (variable refresh rate ) is not selectable on the display and sound settings page of the Xbox X.

Free Sync is available on my Samsung Q9 and is an option in the game mode menu of the TV.

Game mode is a TV mode that allows low latency on Samsung (and other manufacturers) TV's.

My TV allows Auto Low Latency and this doesn't work when plugged directly into the soundbar (Samsung HW-N950) despite Auto Low -Latency being recognised on the Display & Sound settings page on the Xbox X. The TV will not allow this when the Xbox is plugged
    into the soundbar via HDMI then into the TV by HDMI ARC.

Auto Game mode or Auto Low Latency turns on game mode while playing games but turns game mode off automatically should i use a blu ray disc for example.

So two modes made available to me by Xbox and Samsung currently don't work in tandem in the correct manner.
  6. BroKen L1zArD Win User

Xbox one x on Samsung q80 auto low latency issues

Yes ive tried resetting to factory with no avail. When i start netflix a message comes up saying game mode off then immediately following that a message says game mode on. Essentially the game mode toggles no matter what kind of content i put on but
    it always reverts to game mode on. It only does this with the xbox one x. I even disabled the auto low latency setting in the xbox and nothing changes. When i use other game consoles the auto low latency feature works as designed. My tv is a 55” q80r samsung.
    The only reason i got this tv is because of the game mode and freesync features on the samsung so its disappointing that it doesnt work correctly.
Thema:

1. Samsung HG40EA790MS: Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever - Similar Threads - Samsung HG40EA790MS Auto

2. Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Samsung Q80C keeps saying "check device power": I have a new 55"q80C samsung 4k, I get a blue check mark for the xbox HDMI source but a red power button beside it even though the console is on and the tv keeps telling me to check device power....
  3. Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't format my Samsung T5 SSD for Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with my external SSD. I have an Xbox Series S, and my Xbox sees my external SSD Samsung portable SSD T5 with 2 tb but only for media, there is no option to use it for...
  4. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  5. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  6. Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and Samsung OLED eARC Sound Delay: Hello, I saw a thread on this but it is currently locked even though some are still reporting this problem up to the end of 2023. I just got a new Samsung S95C OLED, and I am definitely happy...
  7. Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing Xbox on Samsung smart tv: So I signed up with ultimate game pass and I'm trying to play games on my Samsung smart TV without a gaming console but it's not letting me play games I choose 32b38545-33e2-42e8-a28a-b9afe167e9f8
  8. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...
  9. Problems with logging in on Samsung TV to XBOX

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with logging in on Samsung TV to XBOX: Hi. I bought GamePass Ultimate to play xbox games on m Samsung QE43Q65 TV. When I open Xbox App on TV and try to login I see prompt to open www.xbox.com/tvsetup and put there 8-sign code. I do as...
  10. I am trying to sign in to xbox app on Samsung TV but it's keep saying something went wrong

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to sign in to xbox app on Samsung TV but it's keep saying something went wrong: My Xbox user is CurvedZero93840 5efbdb22-cde3-413c-9219-320b6e3c5a4e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto low latency mode greyed out with soundbar xbox

2. allow auto low latency mode greyed out